Justice Dispensed

Schattenmann

temple.png

The Temple of Justice, deep within the forbidding Euroslavian Steppe.  Forum.  Temple.  Sanctuary.  Citadel.  Here is based the Cult of Justitia.  Modists.  Interlopers.  Advocates.  Idealists. 

From this once-derelict ruin a band of determined rulers has carved out an existence.  Not an easy living, never a luxurious life, but always an adventure.  A 4-year exercise in purity of vision and unity of values to actions.  An order unique on all Digiterra.

At the Cult's founding it was not at all clear where our road might take us.  With just two founding members and a set of ideals that was, frankly, weird for the time, only the promise of Justitia was certain. 

We are not an alliance, nor have we ever been.  We have no charter, we have no government.  We are a mystery cult whose members dedicate themselves to our ideals, their advancement, and work within our structure toward more complete knowledge of our secrets, from the mundane to the arcane to the final knowledge of the ascent of Justitia which we alone carry with us.

We reject compulsive (mutual) treaties, because they arbitrarily bind alliances to an ally's actions, good or bad.  We sign only optional treaties, but they are optional only in the sense that we will not be forced to act by any will but Justitia's; we are not free from our word.

While most alliances might have taken one look at such a position and move along with a chuckle, Van Hoo III and his alliance Nemesis took interest and accepted our offer of alliance on these terms.  A fast friendship was formed with later governments, and when Nemesis disbanded it was a blow that I dare say the Cult never fully recovered from.  In the intervening years, our ideals have attracted some of the most prominent and promising rulers to have graced Digiterra, and allies which have been a credit to us--Confederatio AEsir, the New Polar Order, The phoenix Federation, the New Pacific Order, Invicta, UCR, The Combine, 64Digits, and OcUK.

Our ideals guide our actions; unity between internal values and foreign policy is central to the cult's beliefs.  Though we are apart from the world in ideology and cloistered in our temple, our eye is toward the world, and our ideology is one designed to create a better, more dynamic experience on Digiterra.  In our beginnings, the world was emerging from the Pax Pacifica and Karma War, and it was our aim to impress our values upon alliances far and wide, enemies and friends alike, by example, living our ideals, and when possible via direct action, leveraging our small size with strong allies and arguments.  We have shown what we believe, and lived what we believe.  Few and far between is the alliance which can say the same.

The time has come, however, to change the course of the cult.  We have accomplished much in this temple, but there is more work to be done, work which must be done without its walls.  And so tonight we disperse our arcane order, giving our allegiance again to the many mundane alliances, but carrying always our Justitian mystery.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years now I have enjoyed the unique character the Cult of Justitia has bought to planet Bob. Schattenmann and his team have always had their own way of doing things.

I'm sad to see them closing their doors but proud to be able to help by protecting the Cult of Justitia AA for the next thirty days. Some of the members will come to Polaris and some will move on to other places. We wish them all the best for the future.

o/ CoJ

Wow I did not see this coming and am a little saddened to be honest. CoJ provided a real point of difference in the world of AA's out there, something unique and as such to see them exit the stage leaves us all a little poorer as a community.

Good luck to you all moving forward, hopefully you guys find some new ways and avenues to express your special brand of politics here in this realm.

Farewell.

I'm as saddened by this as I am shocked.  CoJ has always been an enigma that added spice to inter-alliance politics, even if its flavor was not agreeable to everyone.  Even I had trouble coming to terms with you, given your involvement with Vox and mine in Pacifica.  Yet after your migration to Red, our alliances' uneasy relationship forced me to really take the time to learn about you, and I found both you and CoJ to have unwavering integrity.  You have earned my respect, sir.  The Justitian flag will be missed.  

Good luck and god speed.

o/ CoJ