A War on Terror: GOP Retaliates in Defense of Neutrality

Rooman33

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allarchon has been generous. More infidel blood to bathe in. Allarchonu Ackbar! (CCC: This is how you declare a war. Props to GOP for actually posting)

We are not declaring war. MQ is not a real alliance. That would be like the United States declaring war on terrorism or silly like that would never happen.....o wait...

eDIT: Welcome to the fray, brothers and sister of GOP. It is an honor to fight along side you in this righteous crusade. Edited by wes the wise

Respectable decision, best of luck to the GOP.

Pre-emptively defending yourself against a war that will come to you sooner or later doesn't forfeit one's Neutrality.

Except it absolutely does. Check their charters.

I bet GOP is glad that they have their enemies to interpret their charter for them. #e-lawyering.

I've struggled to understand why neutral alliances would play it the way they do, but now that I have a grasp on the concept, I hate seeing it amended to things it can't represent.

Why even have a charter if someone is just going to want to reference it? #ignoranceisbliss

(B.) The GOP reserves the right to defend, by whatever means it chooses, against any actual or perceived attack on the Green Sphere, Neutrality and/or Conservatism as a whole.

I suppose this is the part in your charter which allows this. Interesting, I guess.

Considering they're declaring now based on their charter, I imagine they do.

DTOM is basically an ODP with all other neutral alliances.

(I don't really have a problem with this, either, but having a charter which basically says "we reserve the right to defend other alliances whenever we want" makes it hard to really be considered neutral)

Considering they're declaring now based on their charter, I imagine they do.

No you're totally right, just don't expect anyone to give credibility to their neutrality from this point forward.

Good luck, guys! o/ GOP

And this, very much this:

I'd like to thank you for actually posting a DoW.  It's a classy thing to do and as a community that runs on annoucements, it's the right thing to do.  No one will fault you for standing up for what you believe in.

GOP isn't strictly neutral and hasn't claimed to be.  They're a "soft neutral" alliance.  They reserve the right to defend their ideals while remaining politically neutral.  Anyone who is surprised by this only is because they didn't know anything about GOP to begin with. 

o/ GOP for putting actions behind words