End of Hostilities

letub

Not ill-informed. I asked around before I jumped in. And I've communicated with Hooligans before, they tend to have trash members.

Yet, you knew nothing of the central issues, i.e. communication issues and internal issues. Thus, you are ill-informed mate. It is okay, you can be wrong sometimes.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just now learning of the communication issues. It's still weak to leave a war so early. If it's because of internal issues that are as severe as implied, there is some sort of excuse. Otherwise, it remains poor form.

It's funny as I remember you personally strongly defending VE's decision to peace out of the dave War after 2 weeks .... you posted countless replies to the effect of why should VE defend that side when they all hide in peace mode etc etc etc. (plenty of gold right here - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/112182-end-of-the-npo-ve-front/ )

Yet, you knew nothing of the central issues, i.e. communication issues and internal issues. Thus, you are ill-informed mate. It is okay, you can be wrong sometimes.

I altered my opinion from "they are a weak alliance" to "wow that kind of sucks but they didn't tell their allies so they still are at fault"

Wow.

Wow?

It's funny as I remember you personally strongly defending VE's decision to peace out of the dave War after 2 weeks .... you posted countless replies to the effect of why should VE defend that side when they all hide in peace mode etc etc etc. (plenty of gold right here - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/112182-end-of-the-npo-ve-front/ )

VE is giving it their all this war as well as last. They fight harder than just about anyone around.

:|

You're welcome to criticize them for leaving the war a bit early. But at the same time, they're dealing with internal struggle and are also facing the fact that they were essentially acting as a buffer.

Statistically speaking, they were adding numbers to the very lowest tier of the war (10k and under), seeing as over half of their alliance has less then 10k NS. So don't act like this is some major blow to your coalition, and that you're all outraged. Yes, it's frustrating, but how long do you expect alliances that are heavier in the lower tier to hang around when they're clearly outnumbered? Hooligans honored their treaty, and fought well, and now must focus on themselves rather than a war they were clearly losing.

Edited by WarriorSoul

I altered my opinion from "they are a weak alliance" to "wow that kind of sucks but they didn't tell their allies so they still are at fault"

Wow?

VE is giving it their all this war as well as last. They fight harder than just about anyone around.

Given that you still state the majority of their alliance is "trash", I am going with you not actually altering your opinion.

This is bullshit, talk to your ally. It was actually GATO that made us aware of Hooligans problems. Nice try, better luck next time. Good to see how you treat people that entered a losing war for your bloc though.

It seems that "the most unified bloc in the world" is facing some communication problems.

Given that you still state the majority of their alliance is "trash", I am going with you not actually altering your opinion.

My opinion on their war exit and my opinion on the alliance itself can be different.

It seems that "the most unified bloc in the world" is facing some communication problems.

Consider that Hooligans isn't a CnG signatory.

My opinion on their war exit and my opinion on the alliance itself can be different.

Consider that Hooligans isn't a CnG signatory.

I hate to explain obvious things, but I'll make an exception for you since lately you seems to fail to understand what people are telling you:

Consider that Hooligans told to GATO but GATO don't told to TLR.

I hate to explain obvious things, but I'll make an exception for you since lately you seems to fail to understand what people are telling you:

Consider that Hooligans told to GATO but GATO don't told to TLR.

You all seem to be laboring under the assumption that this is GATO's responsibility. You are reaching here, Hooligans is a sovereign alliance with it's own ties. The shock being expressed here is just that - shock. 

But hey, if you guys seem confident in your new version of the telephone game as a legitimate line of communication, knock yourselves out!

I figured Hooligans would be one of the first out. Weak alliance.

If you had already figured Hooligans would be the first one out and this is what you thought of them, then I don't see much reason they should of stayed in until the end for you. They have no reason to prove themselves a meat shield for you guys willing to go beyond your expectations. I don't think Hooligans pulled any of their allies into the war who they left hanging. Also by my count they are the third on your side to surrender, so they already proved themselves to last longer than your expectations of them. They entered a war they weren't going to win to assist your side, but them providing assistance to your side doesn't mean entering a suicide pact to the end, I'm sure they appreciate the thanks they get for helping your side out, although if this what you have to say about alliances who bled fighting for your side for not being a meat shield long enough, it makes me wonder how much NS is really worth losing for those attempting to assist you guys.

I can understand TLR possibly feeling they should of been talked to, but they had no obligations towards Umbrella and didn't shy away from entering the fight for CnG.

Edited by Methrage

I can understand TLR possibly feeling they should of been talked to, but they had no obligations towards Umbrella and didn't shy away from entering the fight for CnG.

How does talking to TLR equate to an obligation towards Umbrella?

TLR is rightly miffed, but it does not sound like Hooligans didn't have good reasons for seeking peace. Does that mean the members of EQ and DH coming in for the sake of wartime chest-beating belong in this discussion? No. Both GATO and TLR are members of GnG, so if Hooligans told GATO, GATO should have told TLR.

Unless there is something being explicitly hidden from TLR for some reason (there could well be).

How does talking to TLR equate to an obligation towards Umbrella?

TLR is rightly miffed, but it does not sound like Hooligans didn't have good reasons for seeking peace. Does that mean the members of EQ and DH coming in for the sake of wartime chest-beating belong in this discussion? No. Both GATO and TLR are members of GnG, so if Hooligans told GATO, GATO should have told TLR.

Unless there is something being explicitly hidden from TLR for some reason (there could well be).

They don't have an obligation towards Umbrella, which is what I said. Umbrella acting upset Hooligans didn't fight long enough is a bit ridiculous. TLR being surprised they never heard about it is somewhat understandable, but considering Hooligans entered on their treaties with GATO and Int, it makes sense its them they would of talked to. There seems to be a communication issue within CnG, but Hooligans aren't at fault for that. I can see how they would of thought by telling one of them, everyone who should know within CnG would hear about it.

You all seem to be laboring under the assumption that this is GATO's responsibility. You are reaching here, Hooligans is a sovereign alliance with it's own ties. The shock being expressed here is just that - shock. 

But hey, if you guys seem confident in your new version of the telephone game as a legitimate line of communication, knock yourselves out!

If Hooligans communicated GATO about their intention to surrender of course that GATO should be blamed too since they should, armed with this information, communicated it to TLR.