Cash bonfires

Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

This subject intrigues me greatly, so I'd figure I'd put it up for discussion. What's the biggest waste of in-game cash you've seen in this war so far? Personally, mine was been blowing ~24 million on an IRS infiltration spy op that didn't work :S As for the opposition, I've seen one of my opponents blow a fifth of his warchest rebuying 3k infra mid-round, which was swiftly nuked away over the rest of that round.

Post your anecdotes about your own or others costly (dong-wise) mistakes during this war here.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, my opponents have all been rather conservative with cash. Nothing more costly than rebuying max aircraft before they get nuked on that day. My worst loss of cash at any one point has been poor luck with spy operations- I've had failures or spy fatalities on the last 8 straight.

Supposedly 50% spy opps, with around 10% to 20% sucess rate on average when it comes to DEFCON altering. :facepalm:

When it says 50% it just means you have greater than 30% and less than 70%, the number given is just a barometer. If you have 50% you should go to try to GA (but don't do it) and check to see if you have the land advantage before doing it. If you do, you probably have > 50%. 

DefCon spying is a waste of money.

Destroy Money spy ops are where it's at. The value I have blown up so far this war far exceeds the personal cost to me. Mostly because I have been blowing up cash without mercy.

I did buy back soldiers after receiving a defeat alert one day. That was pretty dumb.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Not sure how much they spent, but in the first round I had a TOP person re-buy from around 4 to 6k infra at least twice in an effort to do better on the ground. I noticed they'd bought from around 4k to 5k again the day our war ended. They were back in the 3000s infrawise last I looked.

DefCon spying is a waste of money.

Destroy Money spy ops are where it's at. The value I have blown up so far this war far exceeds the personal cost to me. Mostly because I have been blowing up cash without mercy.

I disagree. Knocking someone from D1 to D5 is a great way to even the odds, espicially if you already nuked them.

Edited by HHAYD

I disagree. Knocking someone from D1 to D5 is a great way to even the odds, espicially if you already nuked them.

The infra damages at the lower levels are of near negligible cash value.  I would gladly forego a few GA victories in return for blowing up $20 million.

If the target in question does not have a warchest, then you should be reserving your spy ops for someone who does.

The infra damages at the lower levels are of near negligible cash value.  I would gladly forego a few GA victories in return for blowing up $20 million.

If the target in question does not have a warchest, then you should be reserving your spy ops for someone who does.

And what if the target has over 10k of infra and an absurd amount of tech?

I accidentally spied a guy's cruise missiles the other day. 

The Commander-in-chief may or may not have been drinking at the time.  Officials will neither confirm nor deny that report.

Welcome to the club, though 20 of my spies were killed. :P

I accidentally spied a guy's cruise missiles the other day. 

The Commander-in-chief may or may not have been drinking at the time.  Officials will neither confirm nor deny that report.

I hope he at least had one to spy lol

One of our members didn't have any when a Kaskus member hit him with a destroy CM

And they have this extreme love for spying defcons daily AFTER running their GAs (in a couple specific incidences against my own nation, the spy attacks came anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes after the completed GAs)

One of our members posted a pair of defcon hits yesterday; first one put him to D5 and then the second attack 5 or so minutes later put him back to D3 -- both GAs had also already been ran before this happened