Now the Sword

Jeez Scatt, can you leave VOX out of this one? It can be said that VOX enabled your present enemies to flourish.

Don't kid yourself, Merrie. These Karma folks may have seized the initiative we presented, but they have turned so far from the original path that they simply can't be affiliated with Vox any longer. They embraced the ideals we fought against, yet still saw themselves as the just, heroes that they wanted to be.

It's time for their Karma, and the Vox reference is still fitting, as old as it is.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With this declaration, Justitia's Cult joins the Equilibrium coalition in war against Umbrella in furtherance of its mission and in fulfillment of our charge.

Is that all that is required to join this coalition? I ask because I have seen no formal document that determines the boundaries which this coalition works within and judging by it's ramshackled appearance I can only assume that anyone may join, all they need to do is state their intent to join publicly.

So on that note: I hereby join the Equilibrium coalition, an attack on one is an attack on all you guys.

Don't
kid yourself, Merrie. These Karma folks may have seized the initiative
we presented, but they have turned so far from the original path that
they simply can't be affiliated with Vox any longer. They embraced the
ideals we fought against, yet still saw themselves as the just, heroes
that they wanted to be.

It's time for their Karma, and the Vox reference is still fitting, as old as it is.

They seized the initiative because you were too incompetent and unlikeable to do it yourselves, you allowed your perfect revolution to be hijacked because you are all rhetoric and no action. Flowery prose does not change the world and while you may harken back to your blessed halcyon days you refuse to accept that you squandered them and allowed those with greater willpower to undermine and condemn you to the dustbin of history.

No matter how many times you chant your precious karma mantra it won't take away from your current irrelevancy and your failure to seize your own initiative when it mattered. Even now you piggyback onto the initiative of others because you lack the influence and the ability to make change of your own.

You praise those who crush the people you hate the most but you soon will be once again under a new jackboot, incapable of determining your own destiny because you are weak. You rely on others to act on your behalf and act outraged when they seek out their own agenda instead of yours.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

They seized the initiative because you were too incompetent and unlikeable to do it yourselves, you allowed your perfect revolution to be hijacked because you are all rhetoric and no action. Flowery prose does not change the world and while you may harken back to your blessed halcyon days you refuse to accept that you squandered them and allowed those with greater willpower to undermine and condemn you to the dustbin of history.

No matter how many times you chant your precious karma mantra it won't take away from your current irrelevancy and your failure to seize your own initiative when it mattered. Even now you piggyback onto the initiative of others because you lack the influence and the ability to make change of your own.

You praise those who crush the people you hate the most but you soon will be once again under a new jackboot, incapable of determining your own destiny because you are weak. You rely on others to act on your behalf and act outraged when they seek out their own agenda instead of yours.

Incompetent? I mean, there's alot you could say about myself, or about the rest of Vox, but even our old enemies acknowledge that we bested them. Now, our biggest opponent is the ex-Karma folk who see themselves as not only the brain behind resisting Pacifica, but the voice, and the muscles...the list goes on.

Nobody condemned myself, nor any other Voxian to the dustbin of history. How many of us even attempted to seize power post-Vox? Hm, none. There's a reason for that. We left it in others hands and they took it and ran with it. The fact that they failed miserably doesn't change the past.

Anyway, who's jackboot have I been under? The last person to attack me was Polar. You and your lot never made any moves on us. Don't attempt to even claim to have dominated me, or to have bested me.

Lastly, at least I've stood up to someone on my own, at a time when nobody else would out of fear. What have you done to talk down  to me? Please, do tell me a really good story, because I am unfamiliar with your heroics, hero.

Incompetent? I mean, there's alot you could say about myself, or about the rest of Vox, but even our old enemies acknowledge that we bested them. Now, our biggest opponent is the ex-Karma folk who see themselves as not only the brain behind resisting Pacifica, but the voice, and the muscles...the list goes on.

Nobody condemned myself, nor any other Voxian to the dustbin of history. How many of us even attempted to seize power post-Vox? Hm, none. There's a reason for that. We left it in others hands and they took it and ran with it. The fact that they failed miserably doesn't change the past.

Anyway, who's jackboot have I been under? The last person to attack me was Polar. You and your lot never made any moves on us. Don't attempt to even claim to have dominated me, or to have bested me.

Lastly, at least I've stood up to someone on my own, at a time when nobody else would out of fear. What have you done to talk down  to me? Please, do tell me a really good story, because I am unfamiliar with your heroics, hero.

Your incompetence lies in your lack of ability to continue where you left off, you planted the seeds for change and failed to harvest the reward, you allowed others to reap your benefit. A successful revolution manages to contain and remove the seeds of its own destruction; you failed to do this.

Maybe dustbin was a little harsh but this period will not be remembered as a time which the great Vox Populi brought into existence, it will be Doomhouse that is remembered and looked back on with great despair. The people whom you all loathed so fiercely were kings and you lacked the mental and physical capacities to do anything about it, only when you outnumbered your opponent with tremendous odds did you all feel safe in taking them on. Such fear you must felt when you considered the idea of taking them on without such superior numbers, it only proves to reflect your ineptitude and incompetence when confronted with the idea of concocting a solid strategy (as much is obvious with the 'an attack on one is an attack on all' mantra)

I don't claim to have bested you, but the people who seized your initiative did. They succeeded where you failed.

Also I don't claim to be a hero and I don't talk about my previous exploits with a wistful nostalgia expecting people to remember me and the things I did. I take my own personal pleasure in what I accomplished, I am not so vain as to expect others to join in the celebration of my victories.

You ex-Vox are all the same; narcissistic fools who thought they could change the world for the better with mere words.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Don't kid yourself, Merrie. These Karma folks may have seized the initiative we presented, but they have turned so far from the original path that they simply can't be affiliated with Vox any longer. They embraced the ideals we fought against, yet still saw themselves as the just, heroes that they wanted to be.

As bad as DH has been, I haven't seen PZI anymore, /OOC gone are the days of tracing players across rerolls, gone are the days of disbanding alliances, gone are the days of forcing players to leave their homes or forbiding them to hold government positions.OOC/

It is true DH has had it's way with the world, but, and this is a big but, they never denied anyone the opportunity to plot against them.

DH has earned their role in this uprising, but DH doesn't much resemble the tyranny of the past.

That's fine. You two can enjoy PZI together.

You and I both know how useless of a threat that is.

Make that three. We crave the attention. You'd be doing us a favour. 

Make it 4.

Your incompetence lies in your lack of ability to continue where you left off, you planted the seeds for change and failed to harvest the reward, you allowed others to reap your benefit. A successful revolution manages to contain and remove the seeds of its own destruction; you failed to do this.

Maybe dustbin was a little harsh but this period will not be remembered as a time which the great Vox Populi brought into existence, it will be Doomhouse that is remembered and looked back on with great despair. The people whom you all loathed so fiercely were kings and you lacked the mental and physical capacities to do anything about it, only when you outnumbered your opponent with tremendous odds did you all feel safe in taking them on. Such fear you must felt when you considered the idea of taking them on without such superior numbers, it only proves to reflect your ineptitude and incompetence when confronted with the idea of concocting a solid strategy (as much is obvious with the 'an attack on one is an attack on all' mantra)

I don't claim to have bested you, but the people who seized your initiative did. They succeeded where you failed.

Also I don't claim to be a hero and I don't talk about my previous exploits with a wistful nostalgia expecting people to remember me and the things I did. I take my own personal pleasure in what I accomplished, I am not so vain as to expect others to join in the celebration of my victories.

You ex-Vox are all the same; narcissistic fools who thought they could change the world for the better with mere words.

Proof that Vox Populi will always be remembered is how we still continue to talk about it now.  4 years later.  Thanks for proving yourself wrong.

And Vox Populi did change the world.  The problem is that the power hungry hedgemony decided to change it back.  We tried to warn you guys even.  Remember this.

To the world at large, we give warning. This is not the end of the struggle, for the struggle which Vox Populi has embraced is unending. It is a struggle against those who would take what is not theirs, those who would take advantage of all situations, those who seek nothing but personal gain without heed to the needs, thoughts, feelings, and well-being of others. It is a struggle against the purest form of practicality and pragmatism, which drives man to covet without any attention to morality, justice, or fairness. It is a struggle that shall end only when our kind are wiped from the planet for it is something we are all capable of.

And that is our warning. Do not relax your guard against this mentality. Do not dismiss the possibility of its creeping up and overtaking yourself or those close to you. To fall victim to the idea that the ends always justify the means where the means is your own self-promotion is something that comes easy and silently, but seldom can be snuffed out. Maintain your watch, keep in check those of this mindset, and prepare yourself always for a time when we must again take arms against such a threat -- for that is what it is. It is a threat to all of us, each and every one, and wherever this philosophy takes root so takes root a danger for all that we hold dear, in our own ways, to be cast down at our feet.

This victory is not permanent, and those who fight not would do well to keep that in mind. Divisions are unavoidable, but remember that we are only as strong united as we are weak divided. Do not again allow ambitious powers to slowly pick off opposition, one-by-one, and hoodwink you into conceding. Stand your ground always, tall and true to your ideals. Never, ever, ever give in, for as long as there is one other by your side you shall have purpose. Remember always when you took on the forces of oppression and let the strength of that memory spur you on. We may forgive, but we should never forget. And should the time come that men cannot speak their dissent, should the time come that alliances' sovereignty is revoked, should the time come that communities are destroyed or repressed let those of noble spirit rise again to spearhead another Glorious Revolution against the darkness that engulfs them.

It's not the fault of Vox Populi that nobody else wanted to step up and do something about.

As bad as DH has been, I haven't seen PZI anymore, /OOC gone are the days of tracing players across rerolls, gone are the days of disbanding alliances, gone are the days of forcing players to leave their homes or forbiding them to hold government positions.OOC/

It is true DH has had it's way with the world, but, and this is a big but, they never denied anyone the opportunity to plot against them.

DH has earned their role in this uprising, but DH doesn't much resemble the tyranny of the past.

Doomhouse does practice PZI.  It's called the EoG list.

Doomhouse does practice PZI.  It's called the EoG list.

Come on Derek, I like you guys especially Schatt, but it is a huge stretch to compare EoG to PZI, it is possible to get off the EoG (I do find the mercy boards disgusting personally though)

I challenge you to put forth one example of PZI since Karma.

Is that all that is required to join this coalition? I ask because I have seen no formal document that determines the boundaries which this coalition works within and judging by it's ramshackled appearance I can only assume that anyone may join, all they need to do is state their intent to join publicly.

Soo... you want the treaty path that lets us join in? AI declared->Confederatio Aesir declared->CoJ declared.  Not that we need a treaty to join any cause, but they happen to exist here.  I defy you to point to anything in the treaty language between us and CA, or CA and AI that doesn't support this entry.

Of course, you could just be throwing feces against the wall to see what sticks, but I would never accuse you of such a thing... Especially since you have so graciously joined the coalition.

Whew.  So much doo doo, so little time.

So on that note: I hereby join the Equilibrium coalition, an attack on one is an attack on all you guys.

Cult of Justitia has been involved in Equilibrium pretty much since day one.  Unlike the rest of these alliances, however, CoJ has no treaties with our compatriots so I got a little more explicit with the details.

But that's all wasted breath because you're being cute, but there ya go for the folks watching at home.

Geez, where to begin.

• First of all, one day I'm going to learn my lesson.  I did not invoke Vox Populi as a means to "harken back to my halcyon days."  I referenced Vox Populi as a means of explaining the origins of Cult of Justitia and our ideologies and goals.  But I knew even as I typed that one irresistible 3-letter word that at least one knob would latch onto it out of all the other 750 words (Cookavich had me count) and be incapable of getting past it, so I should've known better.
  • We are far from "all rhetoric and no action."  I very rarely bother to address this attack anymore, because any reply to it sounds like bragging and is met with a terse condemnation of attention-whoring.  But here we go.  CoJ has stepped in front of the GOONS raid machine train half a dozen times resulting in as many DefCon 1 situations over the past 3 years.  Cult of Justitia was the first organization to reach out to NPO post-Karma, resulting in Red Dawn and the only true reversal of the Moldavi Doctrine--this while you ex-Karma scaredy-cats were still sleeping with a nightlight to keep the imaginary NPO boogeyman at bay for over 2 more years.  Some toughguys, real Men of Action(TM).  I'm sure CoJ owes you a debt of gratitude for standing ready in the night to keep our Senate partner at bay, pfft.  Despite having no stake whatsoever in the Doom House-NPO War, CoJ expelled 20 apostate members then declared war in defense of NPO purely upon ideological grounds and proceeded to fight longer than many alliances who actually had treaties to honor for 2 rounds of war.   
  • As for the veracity of rhetoric, you say it means nothing, while OsRavan says my rhetoric and ideology will literally do "irreparable damage" to the world as we know it.  Today it's nothing, tomorrow it's everything, you don't like what I represent and you really really don't like that I'm vocal and consistent and consistently vocal whether that means I've got to argue with Brehon or Sardonic, sometimes both at the same time. 
  • "...Even now [CoJ] piggyback[s] onto the initiative of others because [CoJ] lack[s] the influence and the ability..."  Haha, oh boy, the ollll' irrelevant song-and-dance.  Let me go ahead and lay this out on the table since we're all in the ditches now: In November Cult of Justitia convened a war council consisting of DuckRoll, NPO, and Polaris in order to leverage a screwed up tech raid into a global war.  Do you know why we're fighting this war now instead of this war in November?  Not because I lack any influence, power, or initiative, but because Kaskus was too stupid to butt out and let the big show play out.  So you can thank Kaskus for the extra 3 months.  The Cult of Justitia has done more with less than 50 nations and never more than 3 optional treaties at a time than most alliances quintuple our size ever even dare imagine, precisely because this is an organization of true believers built to burn when the moment is right win or lose and not before.  Am I claiming the CoJ is a global power-player which snaps its fingers and finds things done, not at all, nor are we anywhere near the backwater you'd like to believe.

All said, Justitia's Cult neither owes nor begs any justification or excuse.  We are not like any alliance, we do not think like the rest of you, we don't act like the rest of you.  You don't understand us, you don't like us, you can't ignore us and you can't deny us.

Edited by Schattenmann

This still isn't true btw, no matter how many times you say it.

That's a two way street, my friend.

As
bad as DH has been, I haven't seen PZI anymore, /OOC gone are the days
of tracing players across rerolls, gone are the days of disbanding
alliances, gone are the days of forcing players to leave their homes or
forbiding them to hold government positions.OOC/

It is true DH has
had it's way with the world, but, and this is a big but, they never
denied anyone the opportunity to plot against them.

PZI is practiced in the same form as the PZI of old. EoG is the same thing, but instead of pretending to be changed to get off, you have to do stupid stuff.

The fact that DH couldn't chase people out of the game is more a testament to the independent alliances of CN then it was DH's choice. What a PR headache that would be, and we all know they had enough.

That's a two way street, my friend.

PZI is practiced in the same form as the PZI of old. EoG is the same thing, but instead of pretending to be changed to get off, you have to do stupid stuff.

The fact that DH couldn't chase people out of the game is more a testament to the independent alliances of CN then it was DH's choice. What a PR headache that would be, and we all know they had enough.

By your same logic, I could say that CoJ deserves to be rolled because it charges insane reps on alliances it dislikes, it disbands alliances, and other assorted things, but it just hasn't been able to because of the testament to the independent alliances of CN.

Shame on CoJ and DH for practicing forced disbandment!  Glad to see that you can't chase people out of this game either.

By your same logic, I could say that CoJ deserves to be rolled because it charges insane reps on alliances it dislikes, it disbands alliances, and other assorted things, but it just hasn't been able to because of the testament to the independent alliances of CN.

Shame on CoJ and DH for practicing forced disbandment!  Glad to see that you can't chase people out of this game either.

I'm glad that entire point went over your head. CoJ does not have the character, nor have they attempted to pull the things off that DH did. Honestly, I could see DH attempting to force alliances out, but haven't because they could only take so much backlash. They pushed their luck anyway though, and now we sit here. My point was the only thing stopping DH from being even worse than Continuum was a lack of power and a changed global stance on such issues.

I view with great amusement any thread purporting the great un-justness of DH and her allies when all we have done is answered the cries of the masses as they bemoaned the boredom of sitting in their own piles of shit, with nothing but peace and harmony and nothingness in a game that defines its great periods by the great wars that described them. So we delivered upon their desire by smashing them into their shit pile with our almighty cruise missiles, and yet somehow that was evil, too.

Yea now its just /OOC butting in on people's RLs that has nothing to do with this realm and hacking communication mediums. OOC/

Edited by shahenshah

So far one of the only opposing alliances arraied against us that deserves any sort of respect. I won't wish you luck or wish you well because it means nothing considering I want us to win this war, but enjoy yourselves.