Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1358656416' post='3080668']
The reason I'm still at this mediocre range of NS is because of the exceedingly long bouts of war I typically fight. I had three separate engagements over the course of two months with Liz last trip out.
[/quote]

That was fun. :)

Hope you saved up money.

Edited by Thrash

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ptolopskan
Bog Land - AI Nation Nuke (alterego)
1/16/2013 11:28:38 AM Direct Hit
Ptolopskan
1/17/2013 4:59:31 PM Direct Hit
Ptolopskan
The Land of Lusitans - Umbrella Nation Nuke (Lusitan)
1/15/2013 9:07:22 PM Direct Hit
Ptolopskan
The Land of Lusitans - Umbrella Nation Nuke (Lusitan)
1/18/2013 1:03:39 AM Direct Hit
Ptolopskan
1/19/2013 4:28:05 AM Direct Hit
Ptolopskan
Buckwheats - AI Nation Nuke (Chefjoe)
1/20/2013 12:27:45 AM

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1358689491' post='3080952']
Quantitatively the defeat of Doom House and its confederates was preordained- your sepulcher built on the rubble of your fallen enemies, your warrant inscribed in the blood of those you culled. The inevitability of this turn is undeniable as its seeds were sewn into the very fabric of umbrella's internal framework. This isn't checkers I assure you TBRaiders, it's algebra- and while the problem you represent has evaded solution for sometime, it has just become quite trivial.
[/quote]

It's so cute yet so deluded.

[quote name='Grand Lord of Funk' timestamp='1358696680' post='3080990']
Woke up this morning expecting 3 Counters and massive damage and got nothing. Does Umbrella have any friends?

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_igllpLeQ1j4/TCZy1SmTXpI/AAAAAAAAArQ/peMZB2c_8tA/s320/sad-cat-sad-funny-animals-kitty-d0bad0bed182-animals_large.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Walk away for a moment, maybe grab a coffee then try this again.

Woke up this morning expecting 3 Counters and massive damage and got nothing. Does Umbrella have any friends?

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_igllpLeQ1j4/TCZy1SmTXpI/AAAAAAAAArQ/peMZB2c_8tA/s320/sad-cat-sad-funny-animals-kitty-d0bad0bed182-animals_large.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

no we hate them

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358662050' post='3080740']
Let's see if you can be honest with yourself: how much of an effort do you expect the likes of Sparta and all the other wastes of NS to give when we still outnumber you where it counts. Remember that GOONS bottom tier is known to hold its own off the loot we capture and that the upper tier game still belongs to us.
[/quote]

I think Kaskus debunked the GOONS are good fighters line a long time ago.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1358697323' post='3080999']
no we hate them
[/quote]

Or...

b) you plan to counter using quad attacks in coordination with them.

[/quote]

That will be your sad kitty face if you aren't on tonight as update approaches.

Hey guys look at how superior I am to all of you because I care so little about having valid CBs and everything in general. Now I'm going to down-talk something I spend way too much of my time doing because I'm so awesome and my life is so great. Please give me attention.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1358695359' post='3080974']
Huh?

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_news.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Attack_Date&Search=Ptolopskan&SearchBy=Nation_Name&View=S#nukes"]No.?[/url]

Heinleiner = AI
maverick = AI
Haleenstar Republic = AI
Buckwheats = AI
bogland = AI
Ortal Land = AI

EDIT: Sorry I did find it. Land of Lusitans is an Umbrella nation and did at last fire a nuke.[b] On the 18th, quite a bit late. None of the other Umbrellans have fired,[/b] so it still looks like a case of 'woops, maybe I should try to look like I am fighting now' than anything else.
[/quote]

Are you intently obtuse?

The first round of wars which Puppets was involved include the grand total of 0 Umbrella nations 3 AI, 1 DT, 1 MK app and a FOK member.

The second round of his wars commensed on the 14th with the 15th being the first opportunity for nuking in the 2nd round....

I'll give you 3 guesses which alliance hit him with a nuke on the 15th.... Is that late?

So your statement "quite a bit late" is pretty disingenuous.

Then to further your density, you indicate that no other umbrella nations have fired nukes. Well if you had a 10K tech nation a 12K tech nation and a 15K tech nation able to fire a nuke at a target, which would you choose?

[/quote]
We're letting Umbrella die. Coalition of Cowards 2.0, you heard it here first.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1358699561' post='3081009']
Then to further your density, you indicate that no other umbrella nations have fired nukes. Well if you had a 10K tech nation a 12K tech nation and a 15K tech nation able to fire a nuke at a target, which would you choose?
[/quote]

As if you needed to teach these seasoned war veterans on how to war properly!

[quote name='B ob Ilyani' timestamp='1358701036' post='3081016']
We're letting Umbrella die. Coalition of Cowards 2.0, you heard it here first.
[/quote]

Seriously, how many times do we need to say it? $%&@ Umbrella. I've been waiting to watch them burn for years.

Edited by tamerlane

Well if you had a 10K tech nation a 12K tech nation and a 15K tech nation able to fire a nuke at a target, which would you choose?
[/quote]

If you are an Umbrella nuke rogue, you don't fire at anything other than AI nations...even when a non-AI nation fires a nuke at you.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1358693666' post='3080963']
Blah blah blah GOONs blah blah blah
[/quote]
Please Doc, tell us how you really feel.

While I'm always flattered about people's attempt to turn threads that are not about GOONS into threads about GOONS, you and your fellow bad posters' analyses are flawed as ever. I don't claim to know everything about your little corner of paradise, and you certainly shouldn't claim to know how GOONS conducts our diplomacy, and how much we allegedly depend on Umbrella for everything. Thank you though, it's detractors like you that remind me why we do the things we do. Why GOONS is exceptional in garnering such ramblings from people. I can't even fathom how many mangled words have been written about GOONS over the ages.

Are you intently obtuse?[/quote]

No, I am not. I already corrected myself once and I will accept the further correction. Since the original interference did not come directly from Umbrella nations, they had no earlier opportunities to nuke, and the specific contention that they havent been refraining from attack proves true. It's a narrow point, and the broader point that the declarations themselves were deliberate affronts and performed for that very purpose remains far more important, but when you are right you are right and I will yield the smaller point on which I was inadequately informed.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1358701692' post='3081021']

While I'm always flattered about people's attempt to turn threads that are not about GOONS into threads about GOONS, you and your fellow bad posters' analyses are flawed as ever. I don't claim to know everything about your little corner of paradise, and you certainly shouldn't claim to know how GOONS conducts our diplomacy, and how much we allegedly depend on Umbrella for everything. Thank you though, it's detractors like you that remind me why we do the things we do. Why GOONS is exceptional in garnering such ramblings from people. I can't even fathom how many mangled words have been written about GOONS over the ages.
[/quote]

Well, let me help you Sardonic:

Rey the Great.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1358701825' post='3081023']
Well, let me help you Sardonic:

Rey the Great.
[/quote]
He is not in Government. People such as your best friend Alterego said an alliance shouldn't be judged on one poster, after all.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1358701962' post='3081025']
He is not in Government. People such as your best friend Alterego said an alliance shouldn't be judged on one poster, after all.
[/quote]

I've actually never spoken with Alterego ever, so I'm not sure what the best friend thing is about.

As for Rey not being in government, it's irrelevant to your question.

You're welcome.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358697637' post='3081001']

I think Kaskus debunked the GOONS are good fighters line a long time ago.
[/quote]
This is like saying WotC proved MK can't fight. Our opponents were tearing through nations who didn't have wonders, whereas they had full or near-full sets of wonders
[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1358702913' post='3081032']

I've actually never spoken with Alterego ever, so I'm not sure what the best friend thing is about.

As for Rey not being in government, it's irrelevant to your question.

You're welcome.
[/quote]
He didn't ask a damned thing but thanks for trying to shove all the inadequacies of your coalition on me.

[/quote]

LOL, you are a 9k nation, Umbrella has like 1 nation that can hit you if I am correct. I also think you need to [b]first[/b] declare a war before you can get countered,GOONS west should take notice of this one :facepalm:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1358701692' post='3081021']

[/quote]

Bunch of words here but you don't refute the fact that you are indentured servants to umbrella and 100% rely on them

If you are so delusional as to think that without umbrella GOONs wouldn't exist then frankly you are a moron