Another Statement from BFF

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1358199048' post='3076332']
Kind of quick to make assumptions on some digital variation and synonyms? Hopefully this clears soon.
[/quote]

The relevant people in BFF have more than that to go on. :)

I doubt they took such drastic action and a decision like this lightly.

Edited by Robster83

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1358198439' post='3076318']

The relevant misrepresentation is, as it seems to me, the apparently fictional phrase 'we activating treaty' which was substituted in for 'up to you'. The fact that an MADP ally was literally activating their treaty after acting in a dangerous and reckless fashion framed BFF's actions and the stance of their allies. In its original wording, the conversation was not definitive and soft. After edits, however, the situation appears to be one of dire importance that requires immediate action, and such action was indeed taken by BFF and a number of other alliances both allied to them and across the aisle of conflict.

I hope this helps clear things up for you.
[/quote]

I would say the bit is substituted for "if you don't mind" which can be taken as a request. So again...nothing changed in my book.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1358198441' post='3076319']
[b]If anybody else understands Facebook, pixel variation between messages isn't exactly hard evidence.[/b] The fact that my friends, comrades and allies would be so quick to abandon me based on...what?...rather sickens me. Further, why the hell I would fake logs to add stress to my own life is beyond me.
[/quote]

This is quite true, as with any online source. Orphaned tags, improperly closed tags, tags with a space before the close, etc .. Various items that can cause discrepancies in line spacing .... Client browsers, also, can make spacings appear different.

The spacing they're inferring as "hard evidence" could just as easily be added in or removed in the same manner as the accusation of the doctoring.

You can't be trusted because you're the implicated - the implicators are the only trustworthy and everything they present is iron-clad by their word.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1358198596' post='3076323']
A screen share was carried out via a remote control/desktop sharing program to verify Vibi's logs. It's irrefutable.

... and your only screenshot has several inconsistincies.

* You were kicked from #bff by Chax[BFF] (!@#$%^)

Someone is mad. :mellow:
[/quote]

As above, it's not [i]irrefutable[/i]. Sure, it's pretty damning. But not irrefutable. Just means that one has to believe you [the implicators, not necessarily you specific] more than Chax. Seems like a loaded jury, especially since these claims are being made and acted upon while claiming 'we just don't know why' ..

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1358198809' post='3076330']
Harboring malice or not, it does not deflect away from the situation you placed NEW in, you went with knee jerking reaction and dropped them when indeed there was more to the story than 1 mans word on it. I thought your relationship and friendship would mean more than dropping them at the whim of 1 mans words. I'm personally happy you posted this. I'm not slating you for your honesty, I praise you for this action, i just can't praise you for dropping a friend who would burn for you and the backroom !@#$ talking and prepping your government member done with NPO & Co.

If NEW are okay with that then more power to them.
[/quote]

One man at the top.

So, if Vibi speaks, being the one man, should his word then be consistently questioned and delved into and investigated before anything he says is to be believed?

How about myself?

How about Goldie?

Your answer is going to change based on your bias towards that person.

NEW didn't contact them before creating the incident that resulted in the backroom dealings you're upset about, that makes them just as guilty in the entire incident as anyone else willfully involved - even if not guilty of the same crime.

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358199249' post='3076334']

I would say the bit is substituted for "if you don't mind" which can be taken as a request. So again...nothing changed in my book.
[/quote]

You see no difference between 'if you don't mind' and 'we activating treaty'? When taken with the other edits, the former conveys a non committal proposition under consideration by both parties, while the latter gives a sense of an imminent issue that is both dire and unavoidable if not dealt with.

[b]If anybody else understands Facebook, pixel variation between messages isn't exactly hard evidence.[/b] The fact that my friends, comrades and allies would be so quick to abandon me based on...what?...rather sickens me. Further, why the hell I would fake logs to add stress to my own life is beyond me.
[/quote]

Well yes but how do you explain the message from you that shows up on Vibis facebook convo but you didn't show anyone ?

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1358197721' post='3076312']
As I told you on IRC, this was about to leak and it's better for us to reveal it then allow for spin.
[/quote]
you'd rather ruin my fun is what you mean.
This is great to wake up to.

I have great faith in the legal system of BFF and hope that this will be worked out to the fullest as soon as possible. Granted, I'm not allowed to see my own trial, nor am I being allowed to defend myself in said trial, but I imagine something will come of it.

If anybody else understands Facebook, pixel variation between messages isn't exactly hard evidence. The fact that my friends, comrades and allies would be so quick to abandon me based on...what?...rather sickens me. Further, why the hell I would fake logs to add stress to my own life is beyond me.
[/quote]
I will be your lawyer, my success rate is unmatched in the field of cyberverse law!

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1358190851' post='3076213']
Just like NEW right?
[/quote]

I don't see how Chaxs manipulation of information posterior to NEWs actions undermines INTs decision to drop the NEW treaty in any way. As to bailing out on allies and all that jazz, the wording of our treaty would have let us get out easily without lifting a finger if it came to war yet we decided to back BFF on any decisions they made and before any cancellation was considered we tried to find a diplomatic solution to avoid NEW being attacked over the aid (which hasn't happened last time I checked).

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1358199555' post='3076338']

You see no difference between 'if you don't mind' and 'we activating treaty'? When taken with the other edits, the former conveys a non committal proposition under consideration by both parties, while the latter gives a sense of an imminent issue that is both dire and unavoidable if not dealt with.
[/quote]

No I don't because the situation was already dire and needing to be dealt with immediately with all the ultimatums and timelines being bandied about.

Furthermore screenshots are not that reliable when it comes to logs anyway. One could edit logs in notepad or wordpad or whayever and then plug them back into their chat client to screenshot. Everyone should know this.

I think in the best interest of fairness to Chax that his "proceedings" would be better represented from a 3rd party alliance with no direct stake in the matter.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1358200117' post='3076345']
I think in the best interest of fairness to Chax that his "proceedings" would be better represented from a 3rd party alliance with no direct stake in the matter.
[/quote]
Hence why I offered my services, I have no stake but enjoy putting myself into these situations!

This is great to wake up to.

I have great faith in the legal system of BFF and hope that this will be worked out to the fullest as soon as possible. Granted, I'm not allowed to see my own trial, nor am I being allowed to defend myself in said trial, but I imagine something will come of it.

If anybody else understands Facebook, pixel variation between messages isn't exactly hard evidence. The fact that my friends, comrades and allies would be so quick to abandon me based on...what?...rather sickens me. Further, why the hell I would fake logs to add stress to my own life is beyond me.
[/quote]

Didn't you abandon NEW, sorta ironic if you ask.

[quote name='Ovidsidios' timestamp='1358196803' post='3076300']

As of now no verifiable decision can be provided on the subject.

However, it may be in the best interest of the parties involved to abstain from treaty talks, and continue things as were their intentions (treaties remain cancelled). What the future holds for anyone, no one can say. But at my table, NEW is always welcome. A sincere, and most heartfelt apology. I understand that is hard to read behind a screen of text, and in the end only my actions will be able to prove those words. I hope if ever that day comes, I will not forget what I have spoken, as we often forget ourselves.

[i]EDIT: [/i]

I stand corrected
[/quote]I like this guy, a man who talks the talk (apology) and will walk the walk in the future (prove sincere with actions)
[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1358196949' post='3076302']

Vibi speaks English as a second language as does all of NEW. The nuances of english are oft lost on them as well as most western politics.
[/quote] We all need to remember that many different people are active here, and many traditions and cultures, That is one of the great things, exchange of ideas, we are not that different. I salute others who can speak a native language and learn another, even if broken, It takes large hangy downs to post here and be laughed at. Hell I am so stupid I speak only english. so lighten up,

I gotta agree with magic here; the evidence provided doesn't change a whole lot at all. Now if we saw the other 49/50 of the logs, well that'd clear some up (and actually be interesting), but at this point it seems to me to be a he-said she-said.

Goldie reports, you decide.

Okay so I have read the thread. There is some good talk her about BFF supporting/wanting or some such nature an attack on the NPO. I have not seen this please point this out. Furthermore you say this is 1/50th of the log and we shouldn't make assumptions on it.... so show us the whole thing so proper decisions and review can be had.

I have to agree with GATO on this one, what I am seeing is not changing much in what I understood happened. Is this because I am only seeing 1/50th of the log... sure I can accept that. But you cant put that up, then make leaps (Chax wanted NEW to hit NPO) and then say trust us. Nothing in this situation gives any form or base on the grounds of trust.

US - sorry there is seriously nothing coming out of your mouth at this point anyone can trust. You have played this little game well so frankly I would rather just see the sources than get your commentary.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1358200495' post='3076351']
Okay so I have read the thread. There is some good talk her about BFF supporting/wanting or some such nature an attack on the NPO. I have not seen this please point this out. Furthermore you say this is 1/50th of the log and we shouldn't make assumptions on it.... so show us the whole thing so proper decisions and review can be had.

I have to agree with GATO on this one, what I am seeing is not changing much in what I understood happened. Is this because I am only seeing 1/50th of the log... sure I can accept that. But you cant put that up, then make leaps (Chax wanted NEW to hit NPO) and then say trust us. Nothing in this situation gives any form or base on the grounds of trust.

US - sorry there is seriously nothing coming out of your mouth at this point anyone can trust. You have played this little game well so frankly I would rather just see the sources than get your commentary.
[/quote]

It wasn't intended to make [b]you[/b] change your understanding.

Edited by Robster83

Yet comments are being tossed around like trying to get NEW to hit NPO? If the name of my alliance is being used in that way, I want to see it. If you were me wouldn't you? Then expand that to include my allies NSO and NG who were also directly commented on as if there is more to it.

[quote name='Land of True Israel' timestamp='1358201134' post='3076359']
Might as well pin it all on a single member to escape collective responsibility for betraying a good ally. Classy move.
[/quote]

I seriously just said that in so many words to Mary (about pinning it on one person).

Edited by Brehon