Another Statement from BFF

[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120812231024/cybernations/images/5/5f/Blood_For_Friends_alliance-flag.jpg[/img]

I come to you today with some very sad news. Ernesto Che Guevara, known to most as Chax, is a friend to many of us. A friend is someone you expect to have your back. A friend is someone you expect honesty from. A friend is someone you know you can trust. I expected all of this from Chax. I consider him one of my best friends; both in this world and outside of it. I trusted him more than anyone else trusted him and more than I trusted anyone else.

But he betrayed that trust. Earlier today, we finally received screenshots we'd been seeking in an attempt to either confirm or dispel the rumors that had been floating around of his deception. I didn't want to believe them. I demanded as much proof as could possibly be had, and today that proof was laid in my lap.

As per section 4.1 of the Blood for Friends charter, Chax is being put on a restricted access level of our forums and will be allowed to plead his case. Should he be found guilty, he will be stripped of his position and told to vacate our AA within 48 hours. I apologize to everyone involved in this situation for his deception, and especially for my own role in supporting him and unintentionally lying to you all. Below is a statement from Goldie, leader of VE, clarifying the situation.

[quote name='Goldie']After an impassioned night on Thursday of defending BFF's position in this war, based on the word of my ally and the logs provided that corroborated his story, it was presented to me on Saturday afternoon by Robster from UPN that the logs in question were not real. I was skeptical initially, but investigation was needed, and that is what happened. I got in contact with Chax, and he gave me the screenshots I needed, and I gave them to Robster. They looked suspect, but of course, I held out the best hope for their veracity. Robster told me he would get the same from Vibi, and that is where we left off on Saturday.

Today, Robster gave me the screenshots from Vibi, which completely served their purpose of debunking Chax' logs. The format is clear, there is no sign of any tampering, and most important of all, a BFF member was allowed to remotely access Vibi's computer to confirm their accuracy. When compared to my analysis of the screenshot Chax gave me, it seals the case in my mind that this whole situation was based off of false and fabricated information, that Chax leaked out to his alliance to build support for his desired outcome, and to his allies to build the defense base he personally would need to accomplish his goal.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yu8vm.jpg[/img]

In this case, L is Vibi, and A is Chax. I have highlighted the discrepancies I found in the screenshot, the alignment shifts where Chax added the text below "create war" and corrects itself the next time Vibi talks. There is also a spacing issue between the lines Chax added and the rest of the conversation. Other snips of the conversation have been added/adjusted, in order to make it look like this was a war NEW proposed over BFF's protest.

The real screenshots refute this completely.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qW2SH.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hibP5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/B1oji.jpg[/img]

Chax pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. He lied to his government, who trusted their fellow leader. He lied to his membership, many of whom were shocked at the situation. He lied to his allies, who committed to defend him. He lied to everyone in CN when he made his claims. And he lied to me, and I spent a day supporting his lies and working to undermine those who were questioning him. As an ally of BFF, it was my duty to help them in their time of need, but I owe an apology to those who I discredited based on the false information I had, regardless of the truth or veracity of their own statements, and I am sorry to those people. I am especially sorry to Robster, who worked the hardest to bring the truth to light, and ended up helping to do just that.

BFF needs allies now more than ever. VE will absolutely be there for them as they do what they need to do, period. Chax tried to hurt us all, and succeeded to a point. Now we will all grow past this, and become stronger, together, as a result.[/quote]

Sometimes the rumor mill contains little grains of truth. Au revoir.[/center]

Edited by Sniper Joe

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a damn shame when an individual you've worked with for such a long time to the point that you trust him above others pulls something like this. No matter what, INT will continue to support BFF.

We're here for you guys, you know where to reach us.

[center][img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2175/seallarge.png[/img][/center]

Edited by Momentum

And, of course, Deinos supports our Dinohouse brethren. I personally have counted Chax as a close friend for quite some time, and trusted him among my closest advisors for internal and external matters. We will be following BFF's internal proceedings very closely, and will thoroughly support BFF's decision.

Edited by New Frontier

[quote name='Momentum' timestamp='1358190260' post='3076201']
It's a damn shame when an individual you've worked with for such a long time to the point that you trust him above others pulls something like this. No matter what, INT will continue to support BFF.

We're here for you guys, you know where to reach us.

[center][img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2175/seallarge.png[/img][/center]
[/quote]

Just like NEW right?

I found it really hard to believe, as I took him to be an honest person. We're here for you BFF.

And I apologize to anyone who I argued with, I took an ally at his word and feel betrayed. I'm not afraid to admit when I was wrong and I want to thank Rob for helping prove this lie.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358191466' post='3076219']
Maybe I'm not catching context....but what is really the difference between the sets?
[/quote]

There is more, but I don't think its completely relevant for everybody to know what those complete logs entailed. The point the screenshots serve is to prove that Chax was deceitful, and it done just that.

It clearly shows NEW didn't "demand" the treaty to be activated and try to drag them into an unwanted war as Chax claimed. Not saying they are a *good* ally by any stretch of the imagination, but they aren't as terrible as Chax made them out to be.

As for BFF and their friends, I know you guys will be better off from this. Glad I could help.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1358191632' post='3076223']

There is more, but I don't think its completely relevant for everybody to know what those complete logs entailed. The point the screenshots serve is to prove that Chax was deceitful, and it done just that.

It clearly shows NEW didn't "demand" the treaty to be activated and try to drag them into an unwanted war as Chax claimed. Not saying they are a *good* ally by any stretch of the imagination, but they aren't as terrible as Chax made them out to be.

As for BFF and their friends, I know you guys will be better off from this. Glad I could help.
[/quote]

To what end though? If NEW said they didn't want help...why the spectacle? Wouldn't it have been simpler to have NEW say they didn't want allies involved? It's been done numerous times and BFF would've taken less flak than the cancellation brought.....maybe Chax is a huge moron.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1358190881' post='3076215']
I took an ally at his word and feel betrayed. I'm not afraid to admit when I was wrong and I want to thank Rob for helping prove this lie.
[/quote]

We all feel the same. I'm hoping we will be able to rectify the situation, not only with those members of the OWF who stood on the forefront of that heated debate, bit most importantly with NEW.

But this is politics. I'm just glad we were able to discover this before things got too out of hand. A lesson learned, now onward into the future.

This is certainly interesting. Not to mention highly disappointing.

Nonetheless, not that anyone waits with bated breath to see how Prototype moves, BFF has our continued support in these difficult times.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1358191566' post='3076222']
So what are the next steps here in terms of a war? Or is everyone going to sit back, wipe their brow and get back to infra building?
[/quote]

If the speed with which this world turns bores you you're free at any point to take action yourself.

edit: If I read too much into your questions then my apologies.

Edited by SirWilliam