A minor note on pixel blob labelling

Ogaden

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1353813907' post='3056910']
[color=#0000ff]but you quickly threw them under the bus to cozy up to NPO; a whole lot of good you did from them. You give yourself too much credit. You always have.[/color]
[/quote]

Not quite. Our problems with SF arose from the fact that they were willing to throw us under the bus to keep NPO down. It's ironic that now they are hoping NPO sides with them just to beat us.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1353829144' post='3056941']
Not quite. Our problems with SF arose from the fact that they were willing to throw us under the bus to keep NPO down. It's ironic that now they are hoping NPO sides with them just to beat us.
[/quote]

Haha what?
Yeah SF's mean attack on NPO in the middle of PB/NpO, oh wait that was you, not SF.

Which party will get the highest quality of guests: the drunken bash or the orgy fest of 2012?? By the time it's over, I bet everyones going to be buying tech to sell for next seasons get together.

Edited by kwell

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1353829920' post='3056942']
Haha what?
Yeah SF's mean attack on NPO in the middle of PB/NpO, oh wait that was you, not SF.
[/quote]

No I'm pretty sure he means SF's temper tantrum when MK signed with TOP because you didn't trust them (as far as your leadership were concerned we should've bagged Polar instead who were clearly far more trustworthy and hadn't betrayed anyone in the previous war...), leading to the GOD-GOONS cancellation and attempts to distance yourselves from where the fight was to be fought by picking targets which were ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because the major players didn't want to play ball your way and you were unwilling to compromise (That's why you got your faces danced on afterwards remember?) Pretty sure SF were totally down for the idea of NPO eating another beatdown, just so long as it was someone else doing the dirty work and unfortunately for you your ruse was pretty transparent to the rest of us.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Oh stop talking crap... DH was scared !@#$less of the new XX bloc.

SF, Polar etc they were just your scapegoat to initiate the war and swing in the numbers you needed to isolate and neutralise the growing perceived XX threat before it got out of hand. You can stand here and make up stories about why you did it for NPO or due to Xiph outbursts all you like but no one realy buys it. You saw an upcoming power sphere that you saw as a threat and you went for it exploiting old rivalrys in their supporting spheres to maximum effect to build the coalition you needed.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1353885870' post='3057063']

SF, Polar etc they were just your scapegoat to initiate the war and swing in the numbers you needed to isolate and neutralise the growing perceived XX threat before it got out of hand. You can stand here and make up stories about why you did it for NPO or due to Xiph outbursts all you like but no one realy buys it. You saw an upcoming power sphere that you saw as a threat and you went for it exploiting old rivalrys in their supporting spheres to maximum effect to build the coalition you needed.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone actually perceived XX as a "upcoming power sphere." Most people already figured much of it's stats were about as useless as mammary glands on a male bovine. MHA wasn't exactly known for doing anything, and Sparta was generally viewed very negatively in terms of combat ability.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1353885870' post='3057063']

[/quote]

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1353889734' post='3057070']
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Wait... you're serious?
[/quote]

Potato summed it up nicely

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1353816246' post='3056917']
[color=#0000ff]I have yet to see a single Polar member celebrate this association.[/color]
[/quote]

RV we are treatied to two members of SF and get on extremely well with the other two as well, do I count as a member?

Edited by Dajobo

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1353867771' post='3057002']
No I'm pretty sure he means SF's temper tantrum when MK signed with TOP because you didn't trust them (as far as your leadership were concerned we should've bagged Polar instead who were clearly far more trustworthy and hadn't betrayed anyone in the previous war...), leading to the GOD-GOONS cancellation and attempts to distance yourselves from where the fight was to be fought by picking targets which were ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because the major players didn't want to play ball your way and you were unwilling to compromise (That's why you got your faces danced on afterwards remember?) Pretty sure SF were totally down for the idea of NPO eating another beatdown, just so long as it was someone else doing the dirty work and unfortunately for you your ruse was pretty transparent to the rest of us.
[/quote]

You know, if you would have listened to me when you were busy playing yourself into an inferior position you wouldn't have to sound like a sad, sad broken record everytime you attempt to bring out the boogeyman.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1353891723' post='3057081']
Wait... you're denying it?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
[/quote]
No offense Wally, but you aren't right on this one. No one saw XX as a real danger; it was a massive cluster of NS, alliances, and nations, yes, but it wasn't alliances that were a) going to pose a huge threat to the people in power, and b) were essentially all in the same sphere anyways. The fact that XX was never particularly proactive in attempting to isolate DH and their allies was essentially just the icing on the cake.

Also, I'm pretty sure the major reason that XX was on that side of the war was because they had a mass number of treaties with the anti-DH side, including having RnR as a member of both XX and SF. It's like claiming that XX's side of the TOP/IRON-NpO war was only in it in order to stifle the increasing power of the up and coming Mjolnir bloc; in other words, factually and intellectually false.

I'll let Ardus do the talking for me if you want.

[quote]
I see XX, a bloc tethered to the whims of a liar and a cheat, reduced so that it can no longer be an implicit [b]threat[/b] hanging over us.

I can't sit by and just let Xip isolate and smash one of the few alternative sources of power that remain. I worry that if such occurs, we cross a threshold where Xip's influence derived from XX becomes too great to keep in check, not without recruiting people far worse than Mjolnir and far more willing to cut our throats.
[/quote]

Keep denying it was discussed though if you must.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1353891036' post='3057078']
RV we are treatied to two members of SF and get on extremely well with the other two as well, do I count as a member?
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]Wow. You guys really have sunk that deep. Do yourselves a favor and bring back Sponge. As much as I like RandomInterupt, he is a Captain Shanks to Sponge's Captain Murphy. That is to say he's a disappointing and will never be able to fill his shoes. I mean, seriously. Allying with a SF alliance? Oh, the shame.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Also, is Gibsonator serious about that XX comment? It is a bloc that contained both both MHA and Sparta. The last group to have those two in it was the Toilet Seat. We all know how that ended.[/color]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1353893471' post='3057085']
No offense Wally, but you aren't right on this one. No one saw XX as a real danger; it was a massive cluster of NS, alliances, and nations, yes, but it wasn't alliances that were a) going to pose a huge threat to the people in power, and b) were essentially all in the same sphere anyways. The fact that XX was never particularly proactive in attempting to isolate DH and their allies was essentially just the icing on the cake.[/quote]

Actually it was because they were allied to alliances "on the DH side."

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1353893471' post='3057085']
Also, I'm pretty sure the major reason that XX was on that side of the war was because they had a mass number of treaties with the anti-DH side, including having RnR as a member of both XX and SF. It's like claiming that XX's side of the TOP/IRON-NpO war was only in it in order to stifle the increasing power of the up and coming Mjolnir bloc; in other words, factually and intellectually false.
[/quote]

Or it was because DH actively made threats, isolation attempts and spread blatant lies in an attempt to cripple the bloc and its allies.

One of us is right.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1353892818' post='3057084']
I was in such absolute shock and horror when XX formed, I involuntarily pushed its existence out of my mind.
[/quote]

Oh, how to tackle this one.

You've certainly had a great deal of things involuntarily be pushed out of your mind recently. Such as what an ally is, what it means to be allied et al. I'm much more forgiving for you than others in this regard. ;)

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1353893915' post='3057086']
I'll let Ardus do the talking for me if you want.

Keep denying it was discussed though if you must.
[/quote]

You mistake recognizing a potential political threat with being "scared !@#$less"

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You've certainly had a great deal of things involuntarily be pushed out of your mind recently. Such as what an ally is, what it means to be allied et al. I'm much more forgiving for you than others in this regard. [/font][/color] ;)[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[/quote]

I think we're both well aware of the full context of what happened there.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1353896138' post='3057093']
[/quote]

Remember how you involuntarily pushed all thought of XX from your mind? They've voluntarily pushed all knowledge of the context of that situation (if they ever knew it, many of them have never spoken to us or LSF) from their minds. It's a fantastic case study in masturbatory, self-induced ignorance.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1353896138' post='3057093']

[/quote]

Perhaps.

Maybe it was involuntarily pushed from my mind.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1353895515' post='3057089']
Or it was because DH actively made threats, isolation attempts and spread blatant lies in an attempt to cripple the bloc and its allies.

One of us is right.
[/quote]
See, the problem with that line of thinking is that it implies that XX had any sort of chance of being close to DH, but that DH's "threats, isolation attempts, and blatant lies" made them drift away. Both you and I know that the treaty web doesn't work that way, and that XX was antagonized by DH from the get-go do to differing foreign directions, the same way that XX wasn't on good terms with, say, MJ or PB. Politics made those groups enemies, not threats, not isolation attempts, and not lies. Any actions you mentioned were a result of political differences, not a cause of them.

So, yeah, one of us is right.