Centurius

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1353470808' post='3055398']
Someone tell us what the goal, vision, or purpose of PF was:
[/quote]

To eventually disband due to inactivity for the sole purpose of providing you with ammunition for your GiveMeAttention gun. We also envisioned a wonderful dissolution announcement topic filled with rampant, drooling assumptions and speculation.

Looks like we accomplished both far better than we could have ever hoped.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1353462491' post='3055335']
When I first joined Argent I was soooo excited to be a PF member. I told all my friends how great it was going to be. Then the forums went down before I could read them, OMFG disbanded, I never got back into the channel, BN disbanded, and now this!

In other words, I joined Argent and all I got were these pony videos. Talk about false advertisement!

Also good luck and stuff to my ex-bloc mates.
[/quote]

Lesson learned: accept omni and your bloc will fail. :P

[quote name='Vorenus' timestamp='1353475792' post='3055436']
To eventually disband due to inactivity for the sole purpose of providing you with ammunition for your GiveMeAttention gun. We also envisioned a wonderful dissolution announcement topic filled with rampant, drooling assumptions and speculation.

Looks like we accomplished both far better than we could have ever hoped.
[/quote]That's great, I love irony, direct attention [b]to me[/b] rather than to my question, call me an attention whore. Brilliant.
[i]Another [/i]PF member who can't tell us what PF's purpose, goal, or vision was.

As I said: "This is a bloc that never had any evidence of a particular direction or purpose other than to exist. In that context, just existing in the past couple years was no big deal given the climate, but the tectonics of late remove that luxury." It is the observation I made at your birth, it is the eulogy I give at your interment.
I didn't say anything that everyone else isn't saying, I just didn't slap a half-assed condolence on the end. So, you have at least two talking points in the reply that irks you (neither of them is "Schattenmann" {but you flatter me}) go:

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1353481672' post='3055467']
That's great, I love irony, direct attention [b]to me[/b] rather than to my question, call me an attention whore. Brilliant.
[i]Another [/i]PF member who can't tell us what PF's purpose, goal, or vision was.

As I said: "This is a bloc that never had any evidence of a particular direction or purpose other than to exist. In that context, just existing in the past couple years was no big deal given the climate, but the tectonics of late remove that luxury." It is the observation I made at your birth, it is the eulogy I give at your interment.
I didn't say anything that everyone else isn't saying, I just didn't slap a half-assed condolence on the end. So, you have at least two talking points in the reply that irks you (neither of them is "Schattenmann" {but you flatter me}) go:
[/quote]

They did at least roll Polar.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1353481672' post='3055467']
That's great, I love irony, direct attention [b]to me[/b] rather than to my question, call me an attention whore. Brilliant.

[/quote]

To provide a unified FA path for alliances similar in makeup and membership to provide security and community for each of the signatory alliances.

[quote name='Mompson' timestamp='1353450702' post='3055188']
Good luck Argent and Gramlins. Of couse you aren't the guys that'll need it.
[/quote]

Aren't you precious.

[img]http://www.kimballstock.com/pix/DOG/05/DOG_05_RK0035_13_P.JPG[/img]

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1353502044' post='3055523']
To provide a unified FA path for alliances similar in makeup and membership to provide security and community for each of the signatory alliances.
[/quote]

Yep.

Everyone can feel free to stop with the trite, transparent statements of "good luck" and variations thereof. This whole process has gone on countless times before.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1353502044' post='3055523']
[/quote]

Just as a sticking point, pretty much every bloc ever made (with few exceptions) are created for this very reason. Blocs end when the alliances stop being similar. It's not to say you should never have a bloc, because at times they are very good for the security of alliances at certain points at time. Good alliances adapt, and when a bloc is no longer necessary, it's fine to end it, as what happened here with PF.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1353504233' post='3055536']

Aren't you precious.

[img]http://www.kimballstock.com/pix/DOG/05/DOG_05_RK0035_13_P.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

I don't think he meant your alliance, Umbrella is safe out of range of friends and foes...

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1353519086' post='3055603']
Can't say I'm sad to see this one go. It was a dysfunctional bloc from the get-go, as its member alliances had different aspirations.
[/quote]

There's a galactic understatement.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1353515206' post='3055585']
Just as a sticking point, pretty much every bloc ever made (with few exceptions) are created for this very reason. Blocs end when the alliances stop being similar. It's not to say you should never have a bloc, because at times they are very good for the security of alliances at certain points at time. Good alliances adapt, and when a bloc is no longer necessary, it's fine to end it, as what happened here with PF.
[/quote]

You would think this would have been so obvious I would not have had to say it, eh?