Final Pillowfort Announcement

Centurius

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1353502044' post='3055523']
To provide a unified FA path for alliances similar in makeup and membership to provide security and community for each of the signatory alliances.
[/quote]
He's not going to understand your sound logic and clear statement. If you try something a little bit more paranoid combined with randomness and an obsure point or two you may find you have better luck with him. It will also help if you keep changing your mind. Quantity over quality! The more posts you make the more right you must be.

To provide a unified FA path for alliances similar in makeup and membership to provide security and community for each of the signatory alliances.
[/quote]
I knew if anyone could tell us it would be a Grämlin. Fair enough. None of the signatories really needed security and you guys apparently never settled on the unified path. There was a lot of directions that could've been taken if one were settled on, but its good that you cut it out when it was time to face up.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1353549879' post='3055951']
PB gone...PF gone..yet SF still remains, how that is possible I have no clue...
[/quote]
it's amazing the difference between blocs for genuine friendship and those for political position.

[/quote]

Oh?

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1353519086' post='3055603']
Can't say I'm sad to see this one go. It was a dysfunctional bloc from the get-go, as its member alliances had different aspirations.
[/quote]

Oh.

Glorious.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1353566073' post='3056114']
Oh?

Oh.

Glorious.
[/quote]
We're in range. Just thought I'd mention that, no reason why. Also may want to look at your AA's tech per nation, I hear it's stellar these days.

Thing with PF is because it was made up of a bunch of alliances that all felt secure within themselves and assured of their directions, it was bound to have tension. Any bloc made up of those kind of alliances will. Other than DR ( :wub: ), no bloc has ever really accounted for that. !@#$ happens and time moves on. To denigrate PF is to take a stand against every idealist bone within yourself. We tried, we succeeded for as long as we could, and when success turned to failure, we didn't lie to ourselves. Sorry for being a bloc that told the truth.

I've been an alliance leader in several blocs over the years and all of them are unique in their own way. Alliances join blocs for different reasons and most of the time those reasons differ. So trying to categorize them usually makes you wrong on some account. PF was comprised of some of the finer alliances on Bob. Looking back, I can say that as a bloc they were successful. I believe the annals of history will recall them as such. Congrats on a great run PF. Condolences that it had to come to an end.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1353567428' post='3056121']
We're in range. Just thought I'd mention that, no reason why. Also may want to look at your AA's tech per nation, I hear it's stellar these days.
[/quote]

This is the best you can do? :facepalm:

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1353614595' post='3056327']
You're under arrest for violation of the temporal prime directive.
[/quote]

hey! no arresting people crymson!

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1353622504' post='3056352']
Some people recognize when it's time to hang it up
[/quote]

this is very true... the SF alliances have like 8 overlapping blocs too @.@

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1353549879' post='3055951']
PB gone...PF gone..yet SF still remains, how that is possible I have no clue...
[/quote]

Not really that surprising if you look at history. Many blocs have been created and broken up in our lifetime considering SF is the oldest bloc on Planet Bob and has been for awhile now. We formed long before PB or PF during the death thoes of the Initaitive and the Unjust Path. We lived through their fall and many of those that came after including BLEU, One Vision, the Continuum, the Citadel, Frostbite, the Common Defense Treaty, Pandora's Box, Mjolnir, and now PF. The original goal of the SuperFriends was to always have each others backs, to stand united even if it was against the entire world. The world is constantly changing but we have learned to adapt and live on. Like all those before us, I'm sure there will be a time when we cease to exist but that time has yet to come.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1353622504' post='3056352']
Some people recognize when it's time to hang it up
[/quote]

Our bond remains strong thus we live on. We have a strong community and long friendship which has built an immense implicit trust and understanding in eachother. It has been tested against time, glory, and ruin many times and has adapted to each. Your statement may have some truths to it but that time has yet to come for us.

[quote name='Rogal Dorn' timestamp='1353809891' post='3056892']
this is very true... the SF alliances have like 8 overlapping blocs too @.@
[/quote]

What can I say. We love our blocs. We've been around for so long that we've gained so many good friends throughout the years. Also 8 is totally an exaggeration. :P

Anyways to the topic at hand, good luck to each of the former PF alliances in moving forward. Always sad to see a bloc fade into the sands of time.

This Bloc allowed me to meet and interact with a whole bunch of new and interesting people. Some were pleasant, some not so, but they were all people to to learn something from.

Additionally, we made this bloc for us, the members of PF, not for the peanut gallery. We don't need to answer to any of you.

[quote name='Shaazzam' timestamp='1353941239' post='3057147']
This Bloc allowed me to meet and interact with a whole bunch of new and interesting people. Some were pleasant, some not so, but they were all people to to learn something from.

Additionally, we made this bloc for us, the members of PF, not for the peanut gallery. We don't need to answer to any of you.
[/quote]
Am I in the pleasant category?