A R&R announcement

EgoFreaky

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/V7fRP.gif[/img]

Dear citizens of planet Bob,

It is my pleasure to announce that today is the 6th anniversary of the R&R alliance. Until the end of the month we will have a little get together with anyone that wants to come by and say hi, no matter if you are an old friend or just someone curious to find out more about us. Feel free to drop by our forums at [url="http://www.RnR-Alliance.org"]RnR-Alliance.org[/url] or our IRC channel #RnR on coldfront. Cookies, beer and entertainment for everyone, you all know the drill. During these 2 weeks we will also be awarding several awards as well as deciding on new entries into our Hall of Fame. A final announcement about this will be posted together with the results of our recruitment competition with Pacifica.

It has been a wild ride, from our first steps on the red sphere, to our home on orange. Through Orange Unity, LEO, SuperFriends and eventually Dos Equis. The wars and the alliances we fought, so many of them. So much has happened that it would really be a waste of everyones time to put our entire history here.

Instead I would like to do a little shout-out so prepare to be bored!

We would like to thank all current and former members, you are the ones that made us what we are today and for better or worse... well this is the result you got :P

We would also like to thank all former R&R government:
GoFastLeft, who for many years was the face of the alliance, it wasn't a pretty face but you get what you deserve.
Cmf0203, DemonSpawn and VG who stepped up in R&R's hour of need.
All other former deputies, secretaries, ministers and triumvirs. I am not going to list all of you because of the character limit to posts, but your contributions will never be forgotten.

We would also like to thank ourselves, the current government. Because self appreciation is the best kind as well as that it gives us an excuse to announce our current government (which has been overdue).

[color=#ff0000]Executive Branch[/color]
President - EgoFreaky
Vice-President - Bambi

[color=#0000cd]Foreign Affairs[/color]
MoFA - FinnishCommie
DMoFA - Garion
DMoFA - MutedFaith

[color=#ff8c00]Defense[/color]
MoD - Archers92
DMoD - ElSheepo
DMoD - GreyOps

[color=#008000]Interior[/color]
MoI - Roxas (Snowy)
DMoI - Doc

[color=#2f4f4f]Econ[/color]
MoE - jraison
DMoE - Katashimon13
DMoE - Garrett (aka the banned one)

[color=#add8e6]Courts[/color]
Chief Justice - Alex987
[/center]
[center]
We also thank our current allies:

[color=#ff8c00]MD(o)AP[/color]
Superfriends (RIA, GOD, CSN and NPL)
Dos Equis (MHA, Sparta and Fark)
FOK (We still consider the treaty valid, deal with it)
Guru Order
NATO

[color=#ff8c00]oDP[/color]
Echelon
CRAP
SWF

[color=#ff8c00]Protectorates[/color]
RIOT

Now that we sneaked in a treaty list, lets move on. We also thank all our former allies, some long gone others that we simply drifted apart from, and all diplomats, both from allied as non allied alliances. And of course all the gov from other alliances we have dealt with (except Ramirus.. still trying to get rid of the headache).

Special shout out to people like DarkLordTim, who just visited one day and now keep returning no matter how often you beat them with a stick.

And last but not least:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Zx5q7.png[/img]

In our time on this planet we fought many wars, I am generally a lazy person so I am not going to list all the people we ever fought, but without all of you our time here would have been boring, so thanks to all of you for keeping us entertained over the years!

I do think some people will kill me (Jon) if I don't give a special shout-out to our all time favorite enemy UPN, we have had some good and bad times on the battlefield, but one thing never changed, no other alliance could get our war mojo going like you.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/juslen/RecruitingPoster.jpg[/img]

There is one thing R&R has always excelled at, recruiting. So far this year alone R&R recruited over 500 people (counted by posted applications). These are the people that recruited more than 10 new members so far this year:

71.830 katashimon13
67.500 Jacklint
50.000 Demento
48.500 SeanB
32.500 Garion
27.500 SnowyRose
22.830 EgoFreaky
12.830 IYIyTh
11.500 MonkeyKing

It is thanks to these people as well as others that have single-handedly recruited between 1 and hundreds of new recruits over the years that we are able to keep a lively community. Now if someone can teach us how to keep them around we can finally rule Bob. But to all these people I only want to say 1 thing:

Why the hell are you reading this crap, go back to recruiting you lazy !@#$%^&*, we have a competition to win!

Which brings me to the next points: after 14 days I want to give a little update on our recruitment competition with NPO that will wind up at the end of the month. After a quick lead from NPO in the first days our recruiters were beaten heavily. They came back and played the second quarter of their lives, resulting in the following halftime score:

NPO - 23
R&R - 49

This also gives us our first B-Day present this year:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/QJIR5.png[/img]

Our applicant AA is now the 52nd alliance in member count, also giving it enough strength to join the sanction race (120 strongest alliances in score). Timing is everything right. Which makes me even more happy is that today's recruits are tomorrows community and hopefully this means R&R will still be around for a while longer. My sincerest apologies to the haters out there, we wont be posting our disbandment notice any time soon.

Our second little present came later today, as stated before, R&R still sees the FOK treaty as valid. FOK's charter didn't allow them to officially disband we consider them an (inactive) alliance until the day the last official member leaves the AA, so our treaty was reaffirmed to ensure they will always be looked after. Seeing as we still tech deal with FOK members, and that some of them fought in our defense last war, we'll stick to that. Now we all agree the R&R-FOK treaty still lives, due to the IRON cancellation on TOP earlier today, we now hold the oldest military treaty in the cyberverse. Even though FOK is only a shadow of its former self, we would like to take a minute to honor one of the greatest alliances this world has seen.

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100902215239/cybernations/images/thumb/0/09/Flag_of_FOK.svg/200px-Flag_of_FOK.svg.png[/img]

Well, I think we've wasted enough of everyone's time now, so don't be a stranger and feel free drop by and wish us Happy Birthday![/center]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:awesome:

Very awesome stuff guys. Happy Birthday R&R! Welcome to the 6 year club! It has been a pleasure to have been your (super)friend for over 4 of them! May our friendship (and thus ourselves) live on for many more!

o/ R&R Edited by ShadowDragon

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1352955074' post='3052630']
[center] Seeing as we still tech deal with FOK members, and that some of them fought in our defense last war, we'll stick to that. Now we all agree the R&R-FOK treaty still lives, due to the IRON cancellation on TOP earlier today, we now hold the oldest military treaty in the cyberverse. Even though FOK is only a shadow of its former self, we would like to take a minute to honor one of the greatest alliances this world has seen.[/center]
[center]
[/center]
[/quote]

Happy BD attentions whores, always knew Ego was one and that ambassador of yours who RPs and writes in big fonts and blinding colors. (no seriously, Happy BD guys)

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1352956220' post='3052660']
Happy BD attentions whores, always knew Ego was one and that ambassador of yours who RPs and writes in big fonts and blinding colors. (no seriously, Happy BD guys)
[/quote]

But shah.. I never made a secret of it so you should know ;)

Also to any IRON'er reading, no harm intended it's not like we're celebrating your loss, it just goes back to an old running FOK-R&R joke that we had to disband you guys just to get the oldest treaty.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1352958870' post='3052680']
Disappointing Ego, after our little talk the other day I was expecting a resignation from you!

:awesome:
[/quote]
... we talked?
:P

Edited by EgoFreaky