Re: Reavers

HeroofTime55

It is human nature to blame the powers at be on the state of this world.

Umbrella and TOP are doing what they think is best for their respective alliance. They are not obligated to provide fun for everyone else.

If you are not having fun in this world, you can only blame yourself.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than complaining about what it could be. The game has already survived in its current state for far longer than Admin originally envisaged. It does not reward alliances for going out on a limb, or being "ballsy", or even being honourable for the sake of it. It rewards those with long term goals that are able to harness or exploit the self-interest of other alliances, build support for and isolate opposition to those goals, and execute when the timing is right.

That said, I do find the war aspect of the game more enjoyable that other posters in this thread appear to.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1350288012' post='3041558']
A couple of things:

First; HoT you could have done more. You are in intelligent, I wont begrudge you that in any way. But instead of doing something, you created an alliance with a theme honestly many have trouble taking seriously. By doing this you limited yourself. If you hadn't, you could do more vs just going rogue on someone. So if there is fault, there is a good deal on your own shoulders. That doesn't even address NOT making a new alliance and adding it to the other alliances out there to bolster their numbers while you work to move yourself into a position of power. My point - you had choices and you made the ones that allowed you to NOT be in a place to move the world. Don't be mad at others for that.

Second; As it has been pointed out, war in this game IS boring, but the act of war is fun. The build up, the work, the political moving before and after. That is part of why I play. I don't need a war every couple of months. Do you have any idea how fun it has been working on behalf of my Comrades in Pacifica? That is why I come back every day. War is just the pause and redirection of that work as needed. If I want some pretty and what not, I have my xcom, my ck2 and my raids in the mmo I play. My point, none of us are here for the war system.

Third: I have what 500-600 players enjoying something right now. You don't like it, you have spoken against it, but in the end I walk away with a smile but we are doing something.

TOP is not to blame, Umbrella is not to blame, NPO is not to blame nor is any other alliance you want to put blame on. If you really want to do something and its not happening, blame yourself, or better yet, fix it and reevaluate what you want out of this and what you are willing to do to gain "your" fun.
[/quote]

Well said Brehon

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1350233009' post='3041332']
Hardly unbeatable if those fighting them had an advantage in the upper middle tier..

TOP had a ridiculous upper tier going into Bipolar, but we were still able to beat them with more numbers and by dragging them down and then swarming those nations.
[/quote]

Nations 101-1000 are what we call the middle tier nowadays imo. Theres a huge drop off around the 100 nation mark in NS. The top 1,000 nations covers over 50% of the nation strength range (90k to 200k).

So the issue is that there is no advantage in the middle tier either. There is a slight advantage in the lower tier (assuming you can get the DR minus TOP, NPO+co, Legion&co, Arizona, Polar&co and SF/XX to work together. But nothing a few 3mill aid packages can't solve as shown by the legion tetris war that was really even until legions upper tier beat out NSOs and was able to funnel massive amounts of aid to its active lower tier.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1350316122' post='3041603']
Nations 101-1000 are what we call the middle tier nowadays imo.
[/quote]
Who is we? In general, mid tier is considered to start somewhere round the 10k-8k tech range and bottom out around the 3k-5k tech range. You're the only person I've ever seen refer to only top 100 as top tier.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1350317701' post='3041609']
Who is we? In general, mid tier is considered to start somewhere round the 10k-8k tech range and bottom out around the 3k-5k tech range. You're the only person I've ever seen refer to only top 100 as top tier.
[/quote]

Around the 520 nation mark we average about 10k tech and around nation #1200 we average around 5k tech. First time we get to 3k tech is nation #1239 but we don't average 3k tech until around nation #3200.

Considering tech goes as high as 50,000 per nation, and the 100th nation only has 16,500 tech, I consider the top 100 the uppermost tier since they really can't fight anyone else. Though I see where you are coming from.

EDIT: Fun fact: Considering ~42% of CN has never made it past 10k NS, I don't take them into consideration. That means the top 100 nations represents 1.42% of CN aka the 1%ers.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1350288012' post='3041558']
A couple of things:

First; HoT you could have done more. You are in intelligent, I wont begrudge you that in any way. But instead of doing something, you created an alliance with a theme honestly many have trouble taking seriously. By doing this you limited yourself. If you hadn't, you could do more vs just going rogue on someone. So if there is fault, there is a good deal on your own shoulders. That doesn't even address NOT making a new alliance and adding it to the other alliances out there to bolster their numbers while you work to move yourself into a position of power. My point - you had choices and you made the ones that allowed you to NOT be in a place to move the world. Don't be mad at others for that.[/quote]
With due respect, my friend, you are talking out your ass. The only part you got close was that outsiders to the Brony culture "don't understand us," but at the end of the day, we never really cared. I don't think we should be denied the right to exist because you just don't "get" us. We don't care about the haters, because we know our community is growing, exponentially, every day. To claim that a Brony theme is in any way limited in the scope of who it can attract to it's ranks, is to lie.

Are you also suggesting some fault of mine for not popping out another micro when I moved out? I don't believe good ideas can be forced, nor do I want another personality cult following me around, like 64Digits was, and like I am proud to say UE isn't.

The core of it is, that you are blaming me for getting shut down by others. Though I don't know how much the word "victim" might apply, this is certainly a case of blaming the victim.

[quote]Second; As it has been pointed out, war in this game IS boring, but the act of war is fun. The build up, the work, the political moving before and after. That is part of why I play. I don't need a war every couple of months. Do you have any idea how fun it has been working on behalf of my Comrades in Pacifica? That is why I come back every day. War is just the pause and redirection of that work as needed. If I want some pretty and what not, I have my xcom, my ck2 and my raids in the mmo I play. My point, none of us are here for the war system.[/quote] Yes, war itself is !@#$. Yes, the political maneuverings and manipulations to get to war are fun. But...

[quote]Third: I have what 500-600 players enjoying something right now. You don't like it, you have spoken against it, but in the end I walk away with a smile but we are doing something.[/quote]...Your little war isn't a real war. It's a sham war. It's a fake war that only serves to affirm the stagnation of the world. This is why it is to be found as exciting as a WWE fight. Because it's fake. At the end of the day you're going to count up how many planes you each lost and declare a winner. There is no spirit or real emotion to it.

[quote]TOP is not to blame, Umbrella is not to blame, NPO is not to blame nor is any other alliance you want to put blame on. If you really want to do something and its not happening, blame yourself, or better yet, fix it and reevaluate what you want out of this and what you are willing to do to gain "your" fun.
[/quote]The blame lies with each and every one of us, and no specific alliance. We got where we are as a group effort, and it would be wrongful to only give certain subsets all the credit.

I don't think you get it. This little "Oh just tell the OP he has to do something instead" reversal game? It's !@#$@#$ insulting. It's insulting because I gave it the best go I could. I did my best, was shut down for going against the flow (and simply for being who I am), and honestly, I've been actively debating leaving this world entirely. Many of you are individually quite intelligent, and it is insane how you come together to form a moronic collective.

None of you want to do anything. This is not an effort to change how things work. This is an observation of an immutable fact. You are all boring people content with what you openly admit is an impossibly boring status quo. And so it will stay, and no single man will ever have the power to change things, because that single man will be shut down by the rest of the system.

I'm not offering treatment for the disease, I am giving the prognosis: It is terminal.

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1350327739' post='3041649']
Losers whine about doing their best. Winners go home and F%$# the prom queen.

That is all.
[/quote]For the record, if "sides" can even be considered to exist in this world, I am on the "winning" side. But again, thank you for your stellar intellectual contributions.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1350327655' post='3041646']
This means we get rid of topics like this, posters like you and general mongoloids everywhere? Im down.
[/quote]

This is probably the best thing since sliced bread.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

To provide a bit more balance: it's true that the vast majority of AA leadership and membership play the game in an extremely conservative fashion. I completely understand the frustration of wanting to make something happen but not having enough (anyone?) people to partner with to make it worth sticking your neck out. Plenty of people from different groups complain about how the treaty web leads to stagnation, but almost no one (excluding neutrals) is willing to take the "risk" of any serious independence from the web.

I've been having a blast trying to keep peace intact. Pushing for certain parties [i]not[/i] to want to war with each other is just like pushing for certain parties to [i]want[/i] with each other. It's all about doing the best you can for your alliance in any given environment. Sometimes it's war you want, sometimes it's peace. It's not about more war, or about more upheaval, it's about getting from where you are to where you want to be. Sometimes it's a house of cards you're trying to keep standing.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1350325362' post='3041633']
And so it will stay, and no single man will ever have the power to change things, because that single man will be shut down by the rest of the system.
[/quote]

Well that's your problem right there. Clearly you need to be more like us women and learn patience, because no one likes good things to be over too soon.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1350325362' post='3041633']
With due respect, my friend, you are talking out your ass. The only part you got close was that outsiders to the Brony culture "don't understand us," but at the end of the day, we never really cared. I don't think we should be denied the right to exist because you just don't "get" us. We don't care about the haters, because we know our community is growing, exponentially, every day. To claim that a Brony theme is in any way limited in the scope of who it can attract to it's ranks, is to lie.

Are you also suggesting some fault of mine for not popping out another micro when I moved out? I don't believe good ideas can be forced, nor do I want another personality cult following me around, like 64Digits was, and like I am proud to say UE isn't.

[...]

The blame lies with each and every one of us, and no specific alliance. We got where we are as a group effort, and it would be wrongful to only give certain subsets all the credit.

I don't think you get it. This little "Oh just tell the OP he has to do something instead" reversal game? It's !@#$@#$ insulting. It's insulting because I gave it the best go I could. I did my best, was shut down for going against the flow (and simply for being who I am), and honestly, I've been actively debating leaving this world entirely. Many of you are individually quite intelligent, and it is insane how you come together to form a moronic collective.

None of you want to do anything. This is not an effort to change how things work. This is an observation of an immutable fact. You are all boring people content with what you openly admit is an impossibly boring status quo. And so it will stay, and no single man will ever have the power to change things, because that single man will be shut down by the rest of the system.

I'm not offering treatment for the disease, I am giving the prognosis: It is terminal.
[/quote]

If you don't see/get how a Brony alliance could alienate people, you're dumber that I gave you credit for. You created an alliance whose theme is one of the most hated thing on the internet: you thus shoved away a lot of people who didn't like you to start with as well as people who liked you. Just with your theme and the kind of people it attracts.
I don't want to get into a debate about whether it's right or wrong to have something against Bronies but, surely, you ought to know there is some sort of stigma surrounding the whole community. And NOW you complain people don't want to back you and/or support your cause?

On top of that (and I probably missed it so feel free to enlighten me), I haven't seen UE do much out of the box thinking. UE may not be a 64Digits copycat or just another micro but I haven't seen you guys do much other than sitting on your thumbs.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Litha Riddle' timestamp='1350339767' post='3041702']
Well that's your problem right there. Clearly you need to be more like us women and learn patience, because no one likes good things to be over too soon.
[/quote]
Brilliant, best post I've seen all day ;)

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote]Or even why should they?

It is not for them to entertain you. Why should they throw themselves on the proverbial sword just to keep you amused?[/quote]

Guess who else this applies to?

It is more in counterpoint to Jerdge; if your complaint as a neutral is that the game is stagnant and that no one will do anything about it, what about you?