The Amazing Sanction Race

Logan

I think tier barriers would be better if they were just inserted wherever a 1 point gap shows up between unsanctioned alliances, or a 3 point gap between sanctioned alliances, just so they can actually be used to help read the graph in a logical way rather than just being random breaks with no correlation to score other than that of the 12th ranked alliance.

^This is essentially how they started. bak (?) added them in so that we, the readers, would have the opportunity to see, at a glance, when alliances were actually close in score or not. I.E., when NPO and IRON were about 15 pts ahead of the others, it was useful to add a tier barrier because then people would actually notice the enormous gap!

That is how I prefer it.

+1 to tier barriers if they indicate actual gaps between clumps of alliances. Whoever updates for the day can decide what constitutes a "gap" however they like. Or some rule can be made.

-1 to tier barriers as they are. As they are, they are meaningless and only confuse rather than educate. They don't tell me anything about how close alliances are to one another. They just tell me how far away they are from #12.

See, then why not have tier barriers? People complain about them being useless and meaningless, how would just putting breaks wherever you want be any less so?

Because the existence of tier barriers implies that there is some sort of reason other than just breaking up a large bloc of lines.

14-10 to the Tier Barriers.

+1 to tier barriers because I remember the days of no tier barriers... just go back about 500 or so pages and you'll see 12 neatly formatted alliances, the Great Sanction Line and then a big clump of alliances.

So 15-10 to the Tier Barriers now, I think.

Also I haven't done update in a long time... I shall take it today.