The Amazing Sanction Race

Logan

I think tier barriers would be better if they were just inserted wherever a 1 point gap shows up between unsanctioned alliances, or a 3 point gap between sanctioned alliances, just so they can actually be used to help read the graph in a logical way rather than just being random breaks with no correlation to score other than that of the 12th ranked alliance.

I think tier barriers would be better if they were just inserted wherever a 1 point gap shows up between unsanctioned alliances, or a 3 point gap between sanctioned alliances, just so they can actually be used to help read the graph in a logical way rather than just being random breaks with no correlation to score other than that of the 12th ranked alliance.

I think you're onto something with this suggestion.

We've tried it and there was opposition to it (mainly from me). I don't like those kinds of barriers as they are dynamic and can change very quickly - and there is no numerical value for the breaks, with that, if implemented will have just random breaks in the line and to many a new reader, the first question will be "Why is there random breaks?" and we'll have to explain.

Traditionally, everything has been pinned to the 12th ranked alliance's score - be it the Add Line and Drop Line, now these Tier Breaks.

Why not get rid of them all together then? How many times have you had to explain how the add/drop lines work? I bet if the tier barriers actually meant anything, you'd get asked about them too. The only reason you don't, is because currently they mean $%&@ all and no one bothers asking. If they're gonna be there, they may as well be there for a good reason and to hell with whoever isn't intelligent enough to figure it out. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm sick of all the little dogs bringing this world down for the rest of us.

Viva la revolution and all that jazz.

Why not get rid of them all together then? How many times have you had to explain how the add/drop lines work? I bet if the tier barriers actually meant anything, you'd get asked about them too. The only reason you don't, is because currently they mean $%&@ all and no one bothers asking. If they're gonna be there, they may as well be there for a good reason and to hell with whoever isn't intelligent enough to figure it out. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm sick of all the little dogs bringing this world down for the rest of us.

Or, alternatively, a short note could be added at the end of the update explaining the formatting of the Sanction Race to newcomers. I think this would be good for future ASR competitions as well. Even Team Tour was pretty simple once someone explained it to you, but at first glance we all went "wait what".

-Bama

Or, alternatively, a short note could be added at the end of the update explaining the formatting of the Sanction Race to newcomers. I think this would be good for future ASR competitions as well. Even Team Tour was pretty simple once someone explained it to you, but at first glance we all went "wait what".

-Bama

It's called the "How To Update The Sanction Race" link. :P

I'm going to take this opportunity to show a tiny bit of favouritism and start off by pointing out the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance's half-point gain, about 165k NS, all done without adding a single nation.

Nope. Ya'll just bought 40,000 infra yesterday. And I'd like to remind you that slow and steady always wins the race. ;)

seconded, I really think they are useless.