Dropping Dead Weight

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1336031399' post='2962744']
Looking further into this issue, earlier this year you make a post about whatever internal problems RoK was having, criticize RoK for not being in a strong enough position to stop Non Grata, FOK, and Umbrella from raiding one of their protectorates, now you say you RoK are bad allies? If you were a better ally maybe you could of helped RoK when their protectorate R.O.C.K. got attacked by helping them defend it, rather than get all the raiders white peace after they attacked their protectorate and then claimed to the hero now taking over for RoK in protecting them while you claimed your ally to be incompetent.

I'm surprised RoK kept their treaty with you guys after that. Something about allies not being suppose to use what they know of their allies internal dealings to make them look bad on OWF comes to mind, but I guess Combine was the 'good' ally in this relationship. This seems to be for the best for both alliances in parting ways, but what provoked you to call RoK bad allies? That they didn't drag you into a war with NG, FOK and Umbrella when their protectorate got attacked, but instead let you settle it for them by allowing the raiders to get away with all their stolen loot with no repercussions?
[/quote]

Wow that's an interesting view point.

Conversly one could view their actions as not necessary but extremely generous, as in they had no treay with R.O.C.K. so they (the combine) had no responsibilty to even get invovled. Instead, they got the raids to stop, and because ROK can't they (the combine) extended further protection against future raids to R.O.C.K.

Instead of frothing at the mouth anytime one of NG/GOONs/MK is mentioned, why not try a new approach, and rationally look at the situation then make an unbiased judgement? maybe just once?

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1336067092' post='2962919']

Conversly one could view their actions as not necessary but extremely generous, as in they had no treay with R.O.C.K. so they (the combine) had no responsibilty to even get invovled. Instead, they got the raids to stop, and because ROK can't they (the combine) extended further protection against future raids to R.O.C.K.

Instead of frothing at the mouth anytime one of NG/GOONs/MK is mentioned, why not try a new approach, and rationally look at the situation then make an unbiased judgement? maybe just once?
[/quote]

Let me try putting this in a way that we can all understand. We need to view your post from Methrage's eyes. I'll try below.

[quote]
[size="1"][s]Wow that's an interesting view point.[/s] [/size]
[size="2"][i][/quote][/i][/size]
[size="2"][i]
[/i][/size]
[size="2"][i] I don't find it interesting. I'm feeling slight discomfort in my intestines. Strange. [/i][/size]
[size="2"][i]
[/i][/size][quote]
[size="1"]Conversly one could view their actions as not necessary but extremely generous, as in they had no treay with R.O.C.K. so they (the combine) had no responsibilty to even get invovled. Instead, they got the raids to stop, and because ROK can't they (the combine) extended further protection against future raids to R.O.C.K.[/quote][/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size="2"][i]Argument seems sound...I mean, there are two sides to every story. Could this perhaps...I...no...I don't know. The pain in my rectal region is increasing. [/i][/size]

[quote]
Instead of frothing at the mouth anytime one of NG/GOONs/MK is mentioned, why not try a new approach, and rationally look at the situation then make an unbiased judgement? maybe just once?[/quote]

[i]Maybe there is something...wait a minute...what did he say? [/i]
[i]
[/i]
[quote]
one of NG/[b]GOONs[/b]/MK is mentioned,
[/quote]

[i]What is it in there that...it's something about the words...my rectal region is causing me tremendous pain all of a sudden...[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[quote]
[size="3"][b]GOONs[/b][/size]
[size="2"][/quote][/size]

[size="2"][i]It's...[/i][/size]
[size=2][b]
[/b][/size]
[size="2"][quote][/size]
[b][size="5"]GOONs[/size][/b]

[size="2"][i]I'm feeling angry...the rage is building...[/i][/size]
[b] [/b]
[size="2"][quote][/size]
[b][size="7"]GOONs[/size][/b]

[size="2"][i]GOOnS! But they're evil and terrible and literally the center of all things awful and oh god my butt is so hurt right now oh my goodness make it stop I'm getting angry. Rage. [b]Rage. METHRAGE. RAAAGGGEEE. [/b][/i][/size]
[size="2"][i][b]
[/b][/i][/size]
[size="2"]It is typically at this point that those afflicted with Methrage Syndrome begin posting semi-coherent rants about how GOONS are responsible for every war in the world, how GOONS run the film industry and the free world and because of that can brainwash the masses, how GOONS are just greedy, money-grubbing monsters who must be stopped. The victim then typically devolves into a semi-conscious state, their mind wandering to an imaginary place known in the scientific world as Spergatory, at which point mindless babble and nonsense pour out of the victim at an alarming rate.

Please, donate today to help find a cure for Methrage's Syndrome. [/size]

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1336075829' post='2962966']
Let me try putting this in a way that we can all understand. We need to view your post from Methrage's eyes. I'll try below.

[/i][/size]
[size="2"][i]
[/i][/size]
[size="2"][i] I don't find it interesting. I'm feeling slight discomfort in my intestines. Strange. [/i][/size]
[size="2"][i]
[/i][/size][/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size="2"][i]Argument seems sound...I mean, there are two sides to every story. Could this perhaps...I...no...I don't know. The pain in my rectal region is increasing. [/i][/size]

[i]Maybe there is something...wait a minute...what did he say? [/i]
[i]
[/i]

[i]What is it in there that...it's something about the words...my rectal region is causing me tremendous pain all of a sudden...[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[/size]

[size="2"][i]It's...[/i][/size]
[size=2][b]
[/b][/size]
[size="2"][/size]

[size="2"][i]I'm feeling angry...the rage is building...[/i][/size]
[b] [/b]
[size="2"][/size]

[size="2"][i]GOOnS! But they're evil and terrible and literally the center of all things awful and oh god my butt is so hurt right now oh my goodness make it stop I'm getting angry. Rage. [b]Rage. METHRAGE. RAAAGGGEEE. [/b][/i][/size]
[size="2"][i][b]
[/b][/i][/size]
[size="2"]It is typically at this point that those afflicted with Methrage Syndrome begin posting semi-coherent rants about how GOONS are responsible for every war in the world, how GOONS run the film industry and the free world and because of that can brainwash the masses, how GOONS are just greedy, money-grubbing monsters who must be stopped. The victim then typically devolves into a semi-conscious state, their mind wandering to an imaginary place known in the scientific world as Spergatory, at which point mindless babble and nonsense pour out of the victim at an alarming rate.

Please, donate today to help find a cure for Methrage's Syndrome. [/size]
[/quote]

I Lol'ed so hard reading this! This perhaps was the funniest comment of the day lol!

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1336043451' post='2962788']

[20:42] <Swatch0[K]> [20:40] <~BloodFury> We technically have a treaty with Kaskus.
[20:42] <Swatch0[K]> [20:41] <~BloodFury> So we could honor it.
[20:42] <Swatch0[K]> ? o.o
[20:43] <BloodFury> ?
[20:44] <Swatch0[K]> Hmm never heard of that before :S
[20:44] <BloodFury> You aren't in the know.
[20:46] <Swatch0[K]> Damn
[20:46] <Swatch0[K]> im never in the know
[20:46] <BloodFury> We have an oDoAp
[/quote]

Well that's interesting. Please continue and this topic may be fun to read.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1336080041' post='2963007']
Well, RoK were bad allies to \m/ before this, and I attempted to cancel it back then. They've never really been good allies.
[/quote]

They were great allies under Rampage/Bob/Joe.

To the TRUE regime! :awesome:

OK, first off, I don't care enough to look up on the wiki, but I'm assuming Combine is a NG protectorate considering they signed off on this decision...if not, I have serious doubts about your sovereignty.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1336067092' post='2962919']

[/quote]

Attacks on a protectorate have always been attacks on the protectors. If they were in the middle of 2 of their allies (NG/GOONS/whoever and RoK) it's your duty to try to make it right, if you can't, stay out of it. The implication here is that they never tried, if ANY of what Methrage is saying is actually true (I have no idea, I'm not playing close attention at the moment OOC: Exam time, procrastinating, etc). That'd make them pretty bad allies to begin with.

That said, it's always nice to see people being frank with each other instead of the "Reasons have been communicated privately" !@#$%^&* that's normally thrown out. Sure, "bad allies" is cryptic as hell, but it shows there's some malice to it, which is spice.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1336085620' post='2963098']
That said, it's always nice to see people being frank with each other instead of the "Reasons have been communicated privately" !@#$%^&* that's normally thrown out. Sure, "bad allies" is cryptic as hell, but it shows there's some malice to it, which is spice.
[/quote]
PR is way overrated. Hostility is so much better.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1336080478' post='2963016']
They were great allies under Rampage/Bob/Joe.

To the TRUE regime! :awesome:
[/quote]
I still love your sig.

Also, this relationship was pretty much dead in the water the moment the only RoK people who valued it either left or were removed. I'm not really surprised about this tbh.

NATO, your tie to RoK is looking awfully juicy right about now. Just saying.