Dropping Dead Weight

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1336085620' post='2963098']
OK, first off, I don't care enough to look up on the wiki, but I'm assuming Combine is a NG protectorate considering they signed off on this decision...if not, I have serious doubts about your sovereignty.
[/quote]

Meh, I wouldn't read too much into that. I've "signed" Europa announcements before. I'd assume this is much of the same thing.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, first off, I don't care enough to look up on the wiki, but I'm assuming Combine is a NG protectorate considering they signed off on this decision...if not, I have serious doubts about your sovereignty.
[/quote]
They aren't.

[/quote]
We wouldnt never protect anyone who thought RoK was an alliance worth being tied to. Thats just silly

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1336087167' post='2963118']
this relationship was pretty much dead in the water the moment the only RoK people who valued it either left or were removed.[/quote]

That was the first thought that entered my mind too. Precedence of those still in RoK already show that contacting allies/aggressors is third on the list behind ....... Doing nothing.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1336104148' post='2963262']
RoK [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img]

How many treaties do they have now?
[/quote]

I thought it was just the NATO ODP but someone told me there was another unrecorded ODP the other day so could be two.

Not a great position to be in admitedly. :unsure:

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1336108114' post='2963285']
I thought it was just the NATO ODP but someone told me there was another unrecorded ODP the other day so could be two.

[/quote]

I see no way out of it unless they change [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1336087167' post='2963118']
NATO, your tie to RoK is looking awfully juicy right about now. Just saying.
[/quote]
I realise that it is tempting to exaggerate the implications of this publicity stunt. However, the fact is that The Combine had already declared that it was not prepared to defend RoK, and thus NATO's commitment to defend RoK does not look any juicier than it did previously :)

Edit: Clarification.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

-snip-
[/quote]

I asked two people that had their names on the original treaty, if they wanted to sign off on the cancellation. An Ode to those that brought us to this place in history.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1336109506' post='2963292']
I realise that it is tempting to exaggerate the implications of this publicity stunt. However, the fact is that The Combine had already declared that it was not prepared to defend RoK, and thus NATO's commitment to defend RoK does not look any juicier than it did previously :)

Edit: Clarification.
[/quote]

Not prepared to defend Ragnarok? We were more than willing to defend them, and numerous people can attest to this that the will was there to defend them. However after numerous political blunders and mistakes by the Revolutionary Government, continued arrogance, and continued inability to listen to those that offered advice that they should have taken no one in their right mind would be willing to jump into a fire for people that refuse to listen to them.

As far as you saying we had suspended the treaty, then perhaps you aren't aware that about a month ago, an attempt was put forth to make one last chance at salvaging a relationship that Ragnarok had shown to no longer be interested in by lifting the suspension. As it was a trivial matter it did not warrant an announcement. However with the relationship still remaining in the same place it was, no real moves were being set forth by Ragnarok in any attempt, levels of disrespect that were continued to be shown by Ragnarok, and the continued floating conversation where a high government member of Ragnarok basically said that they cared more to salvage relations with their old friends than to attempt to fix a fast dying relationship with a treaty partner.

It is for those reasons as well as others that lead to this, and I am probably correct in saying so that there is no love lost on either side.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1336202310' post='2963857']
Well suffice to say that this certainly is a few months overdue.
[/quote]

Yes. Twenty months overdue.

Thanks for letting me sign it. Wasn't too eager to do so at first but ah what the hell.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1336193770' post='2963753']
I asked two people that had their names on the original treaty, if they wanted to sign off on the cancellation. An Ode to those that brought us to this place in history.

Not prepared to defend Ragnarok? We were more than willing to defend them, and numerous people can attest to this that the will was there to defend them. However after numerous political blunders and mistakes by the Revolutionary Government, continued arrogance, and continued inability to listen to those that offered advice that they should have taken no one in their right mind would be willing to jump into a fire for people that refuse to listen to them.

As far as you saying we had suspended the treaty, then perhaps you aren't aware that about a month ago, an attempt was put forth to make one last chance at salvaging a relationship that Ragnarok had shown to no longer be interested in by lifting the suspension. As it was a trivial matter it did not warrant an announcement. However with the relationship still remaining in the same place it was, no real moves were being set forth by Ragnarok in any attempt, levels of disrespect that were continued to be shown by Ragnarok, and the continued floating conversation where a high government member of Ragnarok basically said that they cared more to salvage relations with their old friends than to attempt to fix a fast dying relationship with a treaty partner.

It is for those reasons as well as others that lead to this, and I am probably correct in saying so that there is no love lost on either side.
[/quote]

You really do live in a little world all on your own, don't you? If you wanted to cancel the treaty, just cancel it. We cared about you as much as you cared about us... that's basically the story. All the rest is attention seeking... Put it behind you and move on. We certainly have.

I for one (And probably the only one) am quite sad this happened. Since the \m/ days (The Original \m/) many members had kept good relations with RoK members, and seeing the Columbine/Rok treaty was a great treaty to see. I for one am going to miss you guy's friendship. :(

o/ RoK
o/ Columbine

Stupid treaty.

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1336111192' post='2963301']
I may not be fans of ROK.

However, this is one of the most classless cancellations I have ever seen. I wish you both a speedy disbandment.
[/quote]

I will first see admin disband CN than RoK disband. Or at least, not resurfacing within 5 days.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1336108114' post='2963285']

[/quote]

During the past 5 years I have only lost once, and it was to OTS (disbanded 2008 so the defeat was even longer ago). I guess I am not supposed to say this and it will be a lot of topic but I think that my hunger for war is growing bigger every day. Being in a situation where my nation's military potential has far exceeded its historical record, I'd say offer me a challenge ;) And our war department is actually running great. Maybe the best reforms in the past 1,105 days.

edit: I'd gladly take up to 6 proposals for a 6v1 war. Who wanna get beaten?

o/ RoK

Edited by Lysandros

[quote name='welshgazza1992' timestamp='1336208017' post='2963895']
You really do live in a little world all on your own, don't you? If you wanted to cancel the treaty, just cancel it. We cared about you as much as you cared about us... that's basically the story. All the rest is attention seeking... Put it behind you and move on. We certainly have.
[/quote]

Ohh, look make witty comment about "live in own little world" due to lack of anything significant to say. Followed by "we cared about as much as you cared about us" when in reality there was no caring after Bob and Joe were couped, and the amount of effort that was put into back channels to keep Ragnarok from being turned into a much needed blast crater shows that there were feelings from one side at one time. But then again you people at Ragnarok know how to really burn friends and allies so they want nothing to do with you again. It really is no wonder that all the good Ragnarok members have left already, or deleted.

[quote name='welshgazza1992' timestamp='1336208017' post='2963895']
-snip-
[/quote]

Oh that's nice....How's life over at RoK?

[img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425628_271594742917383_271590879584436_625056_1705209074_n.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1336030643' post='2962740']
:blink: We never had a treaty with Kaskus. :unsure:
[/quote]

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1336033093' post='2962748']
I'm sorry, i was confused, thanks for clearing that up. Here's the logs for whoever else thought that Kaskus and The Combine had a formal treaty:

<BloodFury> That would require a treaty to have existed in the first place.
<BloodFury> xfd
<Emperor_Whimsical> oh my bad
<Emperor_Whimsical> Razorade said you gave notice
<BloodFury> We had a friendship.
<BloodFury> But we never signed a treaty.
<Emperor_Whimsical> doesn't bother me, either way
<BloodFury> If they weren't going to get peace anytime soon, we were going to go to war for them.
<BloodFury> But that was about it.

You must understand my confusion, eh?
[/quote]

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1336043451' post='2962788']
Congratulations RoK :)

[20:42] <Swatch0[K]> [20:40] <~BloodFury> We technically have a treaty with Kaskus.
[20:42] <Swatch0[K]> [20:41] <~BloodFury> So we could honor it.
[20:42] <Swatch0[K]> ? o.o
[20:43] <BloodFury> ?
[20:44] <Swatch0[K]> Hmm never heard of that before :S
[20:44] <BloodFury> You aren't in the know.
[20:46] <Swatch0[K]> Damn
[20:46] <Swatch0[K]> im never in the know
[20:46] <BloodFury> We have an oDoAp
[/quote]

This is all pretty funny. The fact is, they would not have had the stones to declare in support of Kaskus, but I wish they would have. Hell, they apparently cant even decide whether or not they have a treaty with them. Stay classy Combine.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1336232876' post='2964013']
This is all pretty funny. The fact is, they would not have had the stones to declare in support of Kaskus, but I wish they would have. Hell, they apparently cant even decide whether or not they have a treaty with them. Stay classy Combine.
[/quote]

Ohh look who decided to crawl out of the nursing home. We had discussed a treaty a couple times, but nothing was ever signed. I would have used the preface of the unsigned treaty and relationship we had to move in if the conflict was sorted out in a reasonable time, and if Kaskus and MONGOLS were being reasonable during negotiations that took place. However that situation never arose. However my personal relationship aside with Razor, a treaty between us would have never worked out, its perhaps why no one got around to signing it. So how about you inquire facts before opening your mouth to speculate.