A FOK!ing announcement

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CheeKy' timestamp='1333810448' post='2949571']
Are you serious or is this an attempt to troll?

Anyway congrats.
[/quote]

If I was trolling, I'd follow your example 'n do whatever I could to spend the next 6 months banned from FOK's public channel :v:

... and bitter isn't a look that suits you.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1333896699' post='2949980']
No Tromp in gov? I'm disappointed and don't really know most of those elected, so I'll just say good luck to those in gov who want to lead FOK beyond its current position.
[/quote]

He went inactive.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1333928627' post='2950131']
+ he is completely incapable of doing the job, is a terrible ally when he has power, and is an overall detriment to FOK foreign policy.
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Congrats on the new gov, FOK.

+ he is completely incapable of doing the job, is a terrible ally when he has power, and is an overall detriment to FOK foreign policy.
[/quote]

Tromp has always been a good friend of R&R. If you consider this a detriment to FOK! foreign policy due to last war events, so be it. Anyways, we have a very good relationship with Bomba too, so I'm looking forward to work with him and the rest of FOK! gov :)

[/quote]
+1 I am glad Tromp went inactive. I actually didn't expect him to be gov for another term anyway.

[/quote]
You only say that because he didn't think FOK's FA policy should revolve around wiping Doom House's ass whenever it gets dirty. There is no glory for FOK in their current position of being the meat shield in Pandora's Box, while having no power other than have their strings pulled by alliances like MK (with MK not even being a member of PB), thanks to MK having it under their control for the most part due to the heavy Doom House influence over PB. Anyone in PB who aren't in DH should either demand DH gets out or leave themselves, as its obvious DH will look out for DH over those in PB.

There is as much glory in FOK's current position as that of a puppet with someone else holding the strings. The puppet doesn't deserve any recognition for what its done, as its the one pulling the strings who is making the puppet do it. If the puppet is durable, then the puppet master doesn't need to worry about it breaking as easily, but its still only moving due to the will of someone else.

Anyone in FOK who wants to cut the strings attached to them which are allowing others to control their movements, I think would be a great asset to FOK if they are allowed into gov and to do whats needed.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1334076775' post='2950724']
He obviously knows everything about them
[/quote]
I know they are dutch and are an alliance of fun, good mannered people from back when I fought them in the BiPolar War. However I don't claim to know everything about them, but seeing how they are currently politically situated doesn't require vast knowledge of their inner workings. I would like them see them leave PB, as I hold them in higher regard than the type of alliance I would consider to be doing whats natural for themselves by being in a bloc who is the puppet of another bloc. MK does not consider members of PB to be their equals and members of DH who are in PB don't consider their allies in PB to be allies on the same level as those who are in DH.

Edited by Methrage

[/quote]

While the validity of such a statement may or may not be true, and it's obvious you're speaking from some unfortunate personal experience, I find airing such an opinion about your treaty partner's ex gov pretty... unusual.

I like Tromp just fine, personally.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334077173' post='2950726']
I know they are dutch and are an alliance of fun, good mannered people from back when I fought them in the BiPolar War. However I don't claim to know everything about them, but seeing how they are currently politically situated doesn't require vast knowledge of their inner workings. I would like them see them leave PB, as I hold them in higher regard than the type of alliance I would consider to be doing whats natural for themselves by being in a bloc who is the puppet of another bloc. MK does not consider members of PB to be their equals and members of DH who are in PB don't consider their allies in PB to be allies on the same level as those who are in DH.
[/quote]

Just leaving the bloc won't help anybody.. We would only forfeit our friends. The might and power of MK is generally overrated. I negotiate with PB-leaders, not with MK. Nobody of you actually knows how our innerpolitics work. And for the Non Grata guy, why doesn't NG leave?

Leaving PB would only make my ship vulnerable for alliances that are waiting to destroy us or the whole of PB. We're seen as the 'weak'side of PB. We are not.

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1334077843' post='2950733']
Just leaving the bloc won't help anybody.. We would only forfeit our friends. The might and power of MK is generally overrated. I negotiate with PB-leaders, not with MK. Nobody of you actually knows how our innerpolitics work. And for the Non Grata guy, why doesn't NG leave?

Leaving PB would only make my ship vulnerable for alliances that are waiting to destroy us or the whole of PB. We're seen as the 'weak'side of PB. We are not.
[/quote]
When whatever Umbrella and GOONS is pushing within PB is what MK would be pushing if they were there, then their influence is there even if you never deal with MK directly. What I would do is not leave PB without a backup plan, such as first plan for the formation of a bloc you can put together right away when you leave or before you leave which doesn't have members with a conflict of interest. Most blocs these days don't allow members to have membership in other blocs as well, because that is always sure to cause a conflict of interest for those who are in multiple blocs. If one of FOK's allies were hit by an MK led coalition, you would see Doom House side with Doom House without needing to think about it. They don't hold any real loyalty to PB alliances beyond how much they can make you guys bend to go along with the will of Doom House when the time comes for you guys to make a decision on whether to support them or your other allies.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334078252' post='2950734']
When whatever Umbrella and GOONS is pushing within PB is what MK would be pushing if they were there, then their influence is there even if you never deal with MK directly. What I would do is not leave PB without a backup plan, such as first plan for the formation of a bloc you can put together right away when you leave or before you leave which doesn't have members with a conflict of interest. Most blocs these days don't allow members to have membership in other blocs as well, because that is always sure to cause a conflict of interest for those who are in multiple blocs. If one of FOK's allies were hit by an MK led coalition, you would see Doom House side with Doom House without needing to think about it. They don't hold any real loyalty to PB alliances beyond how much they can make you guys bend to go along with the will of Doom House when the time comes for you guys to make a decision on whether to support them or your other allies.
[/quote]

Personally, I think you just like typing the words 'Doom House'.