A FOK!ing announcement

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334094727' post='2950831']
Yes, but MK gunk like Azaghul and Leet know who you are and the fact that you weren't pro-Tromp and pro-Harry, hence your derision of them in this thread.[/quote]
I congratulated Timmehh because he has always been one of my favorite FOKers and we used to talk a decent amount back in the day. I can't do much more than guess on what his current leanings are as it's unfortunately been a while since I've talked with him.

Edited by Azaghul

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1334095164' post='2950833']
I congratulated Timmehh because he has always been one of my favorite FOKers and we used to talk a decent amount back in the day. I can't do much more than guess on what his current leanings are.
[/quote]

Guess? I don't really think that's necessary from viewing his posting. I do know he does like people like R&R, but I don't know if "defend all allies" is a good long-term strategy, so it's either that, ditch PB, or side definitively with MK and proxies. Because at the end of the day, the interests of some of their allies are fundamentally counter to the interests of others.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334091475' post='2950807']
Not really, NG and FOK were on the outs during the previous government's term for various reasons.

Have you not noticed most of them(MK) were cheering your recent election/appointment for a reason?I did take your position on the last war into account, but for the most part, you do take pro-NG stances.

Leet Guy knows its in his interests for you to be high gov.
[/quote]
Oh no, a guy we like was elected whereas a guy we couldn't trust or even talk to went inactive. How very [b]malevolent[/b] of us. Death to MKKK.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1334096635' post='2950839']
Oh no, a guy we like was elected whereas a guy we couldn't trust or even talk to went inactive. How very [b]malevolent[/b] of us. Death to MKKK.
[/quote]

I dunno about malevolence, people will generally prefer governments that act in their interests, as it was put that Tromp was going along with my plan, despite the distrust between the two parties existing before I came back.

Kind of like how JA was more well-liked than I was. "It's easier to get along with you" or something along those lines that Azaghul said.

With regards to Umbrella: "You were created by the magicians; return to your dust."

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334097705' post='2950844']
I dunno about malevolence, people will generally prefer governments that act in their interests, as it was put that Tromp was going along with my plan, despite the distrust between the two parties existing before I came back.

Kind of like how JA was more well-liked than I was. "It's easier to get along with you" or something along those lines that Azaghul said.

With regards to Umbrella: "You were created by the magicians; return to your dust."
[/quote]

Do you ever know how to shut up? Sheesh. Go somewhere else with your conspiracies.

[quote name='Leerjet' timestamp='1334111655' post='2950941']
Do you ever know how to shut up? Sheesh. Go somewhere else with your conspiracies.
[/quote]

How is that a response to anything I said? I mean if I want to bring up a nonsequitur, there's certainly ammo to use on you.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334111741' post='2950942']
How is that a response to anything I said? I mean if I want to bring up a nonsequitur, there's certainly ammo to use on you.
[/quote]

Its a response to the 3 pages worth of mumble jumble you continue to ramble on with.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334112731' post='2950955']
Me too, I'm wondering how it wouldn't make sense unless you don't have clue about what I'm talking about.
[/quote]

I never said it didn't make sense moron.

You ramble on and on about the same stuff in every thread, but I guess thats only feeding your ego. We get you hate MK, Umbrella, and everyone else that doesn't have your viewpoint. Now go cry about it on your radio show.

I mean, there were specific points addressed in this thread, rather than it being a general rant.

1. Bomba said people are gunning for his alliance.
2. It's brought up that Tromp was following me or something like that.
3. I don't think those people are gunning for his alliance and have informed the potential hostiles that FOK thinks people want to kill them.
4. argument with arexes over my motivations in wanting to help FOK in Dec/Jan

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334113230' post='2950959']
I mean, there were specific points addressed in this thread, rather than it being a general rant.

1. Bomba said people are gunning for his alliance.
2. It's brought up that Tromp was following me or something like that.
3. [b]I don't think[/b] those people are gunning for his alliance and have informed the potential hostiles that FOK thinks people want to kill them.
4. argument with arexes over my motivations in wanting to help FOK in Dec/Jan
[/quote]

Look at those words, "I don't think." Meaning you don't know for sure, so why do you always think you're right...this leads me back to the whole "feeding your ego." Im done here. If you want to continue this worthless discussion feel free to message me on irc.

Edited by Leerjet

Fine, I actually am somewhat certain they don't want to do it for the most part. Maybe 70-90% chance. But yeah, it's going nowhere, so I'll stop.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334113230' post='2950959']
3. I don't think those people are gunning for his alliance and have informed the potential hostiles that FOK thinks people want to kill them.
[/quote]

That's why they are working to an exclusion of FOK! and go around asking support for a war against FOK!

And once again nobody really knows how our politics work and where our friends are. You guys imply that GOONs and Umbrella won't support us just because they're in DH. That's just nonsense.

It's unfortunate that another potentially positive thread informing the community about a change in gov has turned into this. I would have thought that the "Savior of Cyber Nations(tm)" would know better than to think that airing his issues in public would actually accomplish something.

/Once again, congrats to FOK!'s new gov, all of them.

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1334145476' post='2951055']
That's why they are working to an exclusion of FOK! and go around asking support for a war against FOK!

And once again nobody really knows how our politics work and where our friends are. You guys imply that GOONs and Umbrella won't support us just because they're in DH. That's just nonsense.
[/quote]

Who is actually doing that?

GOONS and Umbrella are naturally unreliable allies. If DH and your interests clash, not hard to see where they'll go.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1334151708' post='2951066']
It's unfortunate that another potentially positive thread informing the community about a change in gov has turned into this. I would have thought that the "Savior of Cyber Nations(tm)" would know better than to think that airing his issues in public would actually accomplish something.

/Once again, congrats to FOK!'s new gov, all of them.
[/quote]

Um, considering it wasn't me that turned it negative. ie. it started with people trashing Tromp and then Methrage's exchange with Impero and Arexes. If there is an inaccuracy, I will point it out.

I mean, considering the issue was originally aired in public by Bomba in response to Methrage or someone else, I'm not really sure you can blame me for that. My original few posts were actually positive, but lol.

I love the private channels ftw reasoning behind this post and that the thread was entirely positive until big bad Roq came around. What do you think I've been doing?

No one cares about certain stuff in private and no one will care about it in public. Censoring myself unless there is a specific reason to do so, ie. x is causing y, so doing z will help is kind of pointless. I'm afraid I won't adopt radio silence. Sorry.

edit: That came off harsher than I intended, but please read the thread since the real issue I have is generally with how things are done here since it limits access most people have to information and makes things a lot boring for the vast majority, but I can't really be blamed for stuff coming out in this thread.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334164218' post='2951112']
[s]GOONS and Umbrella are[/s] Roquentin [color="#FF0000"]is a[/color] naturally unreliable [s]allies[/s] ally. If [s]DH and[/s] your interests clash, not hard to see where [s]they'll[/s] [color="#FF0000"]he will[/color] go.[/quote]

I've made a few adjustments. GOONS and Umbrella have done nothing but work to the mutual benefit of themselves and FOK. As for the Kingdom, I'd still happily pledge my nation to the defense of the Dutch.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1334184458' post='2951187']
I've made a few adjustments. GOONS and Umbrella have done nothing but work to the mutual benefit of themselves and FOK. As for the Kingdom, I'd still happily pledge my nation to the defense of the Dutch.
[/quote]

Well, I don't know how that's unreliable. If my interests clash with yours, of course I'm going to not be with you. The issue though, in the example I set up is if DH clashes with non-DH ally x, it is more likely that they will side with DH regardless of who it is.

[quote]What I would do is not leave PB without a backup plan, such as first plan for the formation of a bloc you can put together right away when you leave or before you leave which doesn't have members with a conflict of interest[/quote]

Revive LEO imo. :awesome:

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1334145476' post='2951055']

[/quote]
If you're fighting an enemy of DH, they'll support you since it would be in their interests. If you're fighting a friend of DH they won't support you and if one of your allies get attacked by DH they won't support you. Although as the saying goes, "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer", so I can see the logic in you guys not leaving PB as it would put a target mark on you guys.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1334192239' post='2951226']
You guys probably would sign onto three blocs. xfd
[/quote]

Sure. Always on the forefront of the battle for incompetence and horribleness.

Nevermind the fact that other, more prominent alliances are in 2 blocs too :P