A FOK!ing announcement

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334078788' post='2950735']
Personally, I think you just like typing the words 'Doom House'.
[/quote]
Personally, I think the way in which your allies you hold your highest level treaty with (GOD) were attacked and since it was in Doom House's interests you didn't help GOD in that war, you didn't help them only further proves my point. They let VE be pride so they can take advantage of your pride to make you think you hold meaningful position, but when that position only causes your hands to be tied when your oldest ally is under attack your position is just one of servitude and not one of real influence.

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334078972' post='2950737']
Personally, I think the way in which your allies you hold your highest level treaty with (GOD) were attacked and since it was in Doom House's interests you didn't help GOD in that war, you didn't help them only further proves my point. They let VE be pride so they can take advantage of your pride to make you think you hold meaningful position, but when that position only causes your hands to be tied when your oldest ally is under attack your position is just one of servitude and not one of real influence.
[/quote]

Once again Methrage, you've shown us all the light.

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1334077843' post='2950733']
Leaving PB would only make my ship vulnerable for alliances that are waiting to destroy us or the whole of PB. We're seen as the 'weak'side of PB. We are not.
[/quote]
Who's waiting to destroy you and who views you as the weak side of PB?

I mean, honestly, Impero given you've raised similar objections to the influence of DH over the workings of PB, I'm not sure if you can really say what Methrage is stating is entirely inaccurate.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1334083339' post='2950754']
Who's waiting to destroy you and who views you as the weak side of PB?
[/quote]

I have an idea of who he thinks is out to destroy to FOK, but I'm not sure it's an accurate view. Up to them to straighten it out, though. In addition to those, probably you.

In addition, you may not negotiate with MK, but you do with MK proxies like GOONS, Umbrella, and NG.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334083170' post='2950751']
Once again Methrage, you've shown us all the light.
[/quote]
I know you're being sarcastic, but deciding which alliances get to attack your MDoAP partner (or was it MDAP at the time?) isn't assisting them and upholding your treaty at all. You dishonor your own alliance when dishonoring a long standing treaty like that in order to save your skin and please those in PB who wanted to see them get rolled. Especially when its with an alliance like GOD who has made clear on many occasions that they think a treaty is always active regardless of whether help is requested or not. So you dishonored your treaty with GOD in order to please your PB friends who didn't want to disappoint MK, sometimes I wonder if upon joining PB you guys lost all sense of pride and think the word being connected with your alliance due to your PB membership is the same thing as having real pride.

Edited by Methrage

Hrmery.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1313039177' post='2777293']
Makes me wonder what super fun we would have had if I was here/of present mind in the summer months.

Would have been more ballsy if it wasn't strategically placed post roq and while I'm off though.
[/quote]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1313040839' post='2777331']
Actually, reverse that, just a matter of seizing the blow-horn for masking purposes. Think ottomans, etc. In the end though it's just a matter of simply catching a lucky break with a few legit grievances popping up and lack of attentiveness and maxed out patience on the part of others.
[/quote]

Ottomans refers to MK, and you can just read the thread.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334083352' post='2950755']
I mean, honestly, Impero given you've raised similar objections to the influence of DH over the workings of PB, I'm not sure if you can really say what Methrage is stating is entirely inaccurate.
[/quote]

And you also know Methrage is wrong in regards to almost everything he says during his stream of non paragraphed sentences, making the difference between entirely inaccurate and ninety nine percent inaccurate moot. You also know how things evolved over time and what criticisms are modernly outdated.

There are a number of things people could go after FOK for, or us for that matter, but his tired line isn't one of them. If anything, him spouting the same crap over and over again to whoever responds just gives those who he dislikes more perceived power which doesn't really exist.

Fair enough. Though I still like the Ottomans analogy. OOC: I'm Lawrence of Arabia

In addition, the parties mentioned know who they are since it's been communicated to them. Hopefully we see some progress on that front, can't have FOK thinking x,y, z are gunning for them because they aren't!

Edited by Roquentin

Well, one of my goals while I was ghosting with permission was to help get them going internally again. I even wrote a full plan for Harry with my econ ideas, so I'd say yes, I do.

[quote][*] Tech buying is the engine of growth in this game and it is not an internal matter only, the level of tech you have controls the damage you can do, and therefore your influence. As of now, FOK has many potential buying opportunities simply within its sphere of allies with VE, GO, and R&R. Establishing links to ensure constant access to sellers is priority in addition to keeping members active so they'll buy. For the individual normal FOK member, it is a minimal commitment of maybe 5 minutes to FOK forums a day to keep the alliance healthy and strong. I've noticed that for the most part emails are in profiles and that's a very good thing so long as the emails are ones that FOKKers check. [/quote]

That's one part of it.

[quote]*] Establish communications with alliances potentially angry with FOK(Mjolnir/DR) and explain the situation within the alliance prior to gov rehaul.

*Backcollect tech deals(can be done with other alliances too): money is sent in advance to finance a back collect and then tech is paid off over multiple cycles. Reliability is a must.

With FACs and DRAs, the deals are in total 81m/1800 tech. Individual buyers receive 400tech in the slot used for the deal once it is paid off.

Day one: seller collects, first round of aid is sent 27m in total through six slots with FACs. Seller sits on money.

Day ten: second round of aid(54m in total) is sent with seller being at 10 days inactive.

Day twenty: seller receives third round of aid, uses money to start buying infra and improvements, land among the way, should get to at least 3999.99 and have a good collection.

From then on the seller pays back the tech to the buyer nations over five cycles. An alternative to direct payback is that the seller pays another nation to pay off the tech deal, so they are only using 3 slots instead of six.

IA: I heard some people are talking about opening up to English speakers. That sounds like a good idea given the lack of iFOK. Maybe making it done in a limited fashion(10 people at a time) with basic dutch phrases and words outlined in specific threads would help a lot.

Use up all internal FOK tech dealers and keep active and reliable via emailing.[/quote]

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334088332' post='2950783']
Well, one of my goals while I was ghosting with permission was to help get them going internally again. I even wrote a full plan for Harry with my econ ideas, so I'd say yes, I do.
[/quote]

Sure because there was no agenda behind that :lol1:

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334084393' post='2950763']
And you also know Methrage is wrong in regards to almost everything he says during his stream of non paragraphed sentences, making the difference between entirely inaccurate and ninety nine percent inaccurate moot. You also know how things evolved over time and what criticisms are modernly outdated.
[/quote]
Its cute how you dismiss any facts you don't like as being entirely inaccurate without refuting any of the made claims, although posts like this one where you claim everyone else wrong when you don't like what they're saying has been your standard posting style for a while now. So I think its when reading an Impero post people already know they're reading a statement made by a source with no credibility who will say whatever he thinks will make you guys look better with the truth being irrelevant.

Although seeing you make posts opposite of the truth as you try to believe your own lies so you can think VE has a spine does remind me of back in the days when VE agreed to keep more than half the alliance off green and allowed GGA to decide a lot of your policies for you in exchange for letting you exist. Existing for you guys, even if an embarrassment to what VE was before you guys reformed, will always take precedent for you guys regardless of who you need to betray and who you need to obey.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334089181' post='2950789']
Oddly enough, under Harry and Tromp, FOK had good relations with Ragnarok under Rampage3, Bob, etc.
[/quote]
Considering RoK was one of the alliances who ended up getting screwed over by Doom House and PB, if Tromp wasn't a fan of DH and PB, I'm not surprised they got along better with Tromp in charge.

Edited by Methrage

That was after, though.

Also I've given a lot of secrets away in terms of econ D:. Some people see e-mails as a bit invasive, but meh.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334089453' post='2950791']
That was after, though.

Also I've given a lot of secrets away in terms of econ D:. Some people see e-mails as a bit invasive, but meh.
[/quote]
E-mail is nothing revolutionary. We only used it when people were close to deletion and used it a lot in wars.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1334090371' post='2950797']
E-mail is nothing revolutionary. We only used it when people were close to deletion and used it a lot in wars.
[/quote]

Not that by itself, and you're illustrating my point that it's not used in a lot of situations.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334088783' post='2950787']
I'm not going to deny that. A strong, independent FOK coincides with my interests.
[/quote]
This is incorrect. Only a FOK lead by Tromp, who worked along with your plan was in your interest. There have been times when we were stronger but independence is not something we lack.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1334090607' post='2950800']
This is incorrect. Only a FOK lead by Tromp, who worked along with your plan was in your interest. There have been times when we were stronger but independence is not something we lack.
[/quote]

I don't really think so, he had his stances he developed all by himself. I'm not sure about the current gov, because while I know where you(Pro-NG/MK) stand, I don't know where the rest do.

The worst part of the whole thing is if Uncle Harry hadn't vanished, there'd be nothing for me to worry about. Keep in mind you are only getting your way(pro-NG/MK) because someone went MIA. In other words, a mere twist of fate.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334090736' post='2950801']
I don't really think so, he had his stances he developed all by himself. I'm not sure about the current gov, because while I know where you(Pro-NG/MK) stand, I don't know where the rest do.

The worst part of the whole thing is if Uncle Harry hadn't vanished, there'd be nothing for me to worry about. Keep in mind you are only getting your way(pro-NG/MK) because someone went MIA. In other words, a mere twist of fate.
[/quote]
You have no idea what my way is, you don't even really know me. I was happy with with the decisions we made last war and actually pushed for that decision. FOK has been pro-NG, pro-PB since NG and PB were founded. I have no idea why you bring MK up, we have been good allies for a good time but now we don't really communicate that much with each other.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1334091338' post='2950804']
You have no idea what my way is, you don't even really know me. I was happy with with the decisions we made last war and actually pushed for that decision. FOK has been pro-NG, pro-PB since NG and PB were founded. I have no idea why you bring MK up, we have been good allies for a good time but now we don't really communicate that much with each other.
[/quote]
Not really, NG and FOK were on the outs during the previous government's term for various reasons.

Have you not noticed most of them(MK) were cheering your recent election/appointment for a reason?I did take your position on the last war into account, but for the most part, you do take pro-NG stances.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1333826651' post='2949660']
I don't think this is the FOK announcement we were expecting...

Congrats nonetheless to Timmehhh and all.
[/quote]

Leet Guy knows its in his interests for you to be high gov.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334091475' post='2950807']
Not really, NG and FOK were on the outs during the previous government's term for various reasons.

Have you not noticed most of them(MK) were cheering your recent election/appointment for a reason?I did take your position on the last war into account, but for the most part, you do take pro-NG stances.
[/quote]
I was part of that previous government. Only Tromp and in a lesser extent Ome Harry had some issues with PB and vice versa because they leaked stuff to you.

I am probably more known than BombaAriba, because I have been around for a while longer while he is relatively new.

This is going to be my last post.

Edited by Timmehhh

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334078252' post='2950734']
When whatever Umbrella and GOONS is pushing within PB is what MK would be pushing if they were there, then their influence is there even if you never deal with MK directly. What I would do is not leave PB without a backup plan, such as first plan for the formation of a bloc you can put together right away when you leave or before you leave which doesn't have members with a conflict of interest. Most blocs these days don't allow members to have membership in other blocs as well, because that is always sure to cause a conflict of interest for those who are in multiple blocs. If one of FOK's allies were hit by an MK led coalition, you would see Doom House side with Doom House without needing to think about it. They don't hold any real loyalty to PB alliances beyond how much they can make you guys bend to go along with the will of Doom House when the time comes for you guys to make a decision on whether to support them or your other allies.
[/quote]
I think Impero is right, you just like saying "doomhouse".

What you're saying is almost 100% conjecture and most if it way off base or just plain wrong. For example in the run-up to the last war, the PB alliance most committed to the TOP/MK side wasn't even in DH.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1334091955' post='2950813']
I was part of that previous government. Only Tromp and in a lesser extent Ome Harry had some issues with PB and vice versa because they leaked stuff to you.

I am probably more known than BombaAriba, because I have been around for a while longer while he is relatively new.

This is going to be my last post.
[/quote]

Yes, but MK gunk like Azaghul and Leet know who you are and the fact that you weren't pro-Tromp and pro-Harry, hence your derision of them in this thread.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1334094306' post='2950827']
I think Impero is right, you just like saying "doomhouse".

What you're saying is almost 100% conjecture and most if it way off base or just plain wrong. For example in the run-up to the last war, the PB alliance most committed to the TOP/MK side wasn't even in DH.
[/quote]

Yes, I'm sure Impero didn't like being pushed around by Non Grata, either.

I mean, people like arexes used to have an issue with DH but since they allied you and your immediate interests happened to be similar, they have been in lockstep. I mean, Ardus even went so far as to describe them as being integral in his plans.

I mean it doesn't matter if the other two DH alliances weren't as committed as an alliance that had wanted to kill Fark a long time. They are your lapdogs at the end of the day(ie JoshuaR) and you can abuse them as much as you want and they'll still follow.

So essentially, a brainless Golem in Umbrella, and GOONS who don't really care.

Edited by Roquentin