Forging the Throne

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1332434840' post='2941669']
Yes. Plenty. Good morning Outer Heaven.
[/quote]

Yea any semblance of an argument you had went out the door when you mentioned Outer Heaven. Of course you would be bias against Magic, considering he basically dismantled you without firing a shot.

Regarding the OP, I am having strong mixed feelings about this alliance. On one hand, I am supremely happy to see Chimera back, and I like TIO quite a bit. However, Omni and Charles have not been on the best terms with GATO recently, and the fact that both are leaders of this alliance makes me worry that it will somehow die in a ball of flaming glory.

In short I will wish you all luck, I have a strange feeling you are going to need it.

Edited by kerschbs

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1332442574' post='2941702']
Regarding the OP, I am having strong mixed feelings about this alliance. On one hand, I am supremely happy to see Chimera back, and I like TIO quite a bit. However, Omni and Charles have not been on the best terms with GATO recently, and the fact that both are leaders of this alliance makes me worry that it will somehow die in a ball of flaming glory.
[/quote]

I haven't been "on the best of terms with GATO" since 09, but I do like you Krabs. So thanks for wishing me good luck I guess.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1332442920' post='2941704']
Good luck on this Omni. Should be decent with the cast you've gotten together.
[/quote]

Thanks mayne. Stop by the forums or irc!

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1332434840' post='2941669']
Yes. Plenty. Good morning Outer Heaven.
[/quote]

The OH situation is actually a testament to me being decent. I'm sure its no easy task to get MK to drop protection and we ended up only punishing the person responsible instead of the entire alliance. That OH failed miserably afterward is no fault of mine but I'll take credit if you insist.

Omni on the otherhand took it upon himself to declare our treaty with NSO void at a horiffic time, embarrassing us, and ruining what reputation we had managed to build to that point. TBH, I don't know if we've even fully recovered from that fiasco yet. Omni is fine out of power but once he gets a tiny piece he lets it go straight to his head. I'll be happy if I'm wrong. I always thought he could be pretty good if only he could get over himself.

[quote]
[9:31pm] Dre4mwe4ver: I missed your DoE, btw.
[9:31pm] Dre4mwe4ver: Should probably go say hi or something.
[9:31pm] Dre4mwe4ver: You know, I'll go do that.
[9:32pm] Dre4mwe4ver: 6 pages? Not gonna read all that. Just gonna pop in and post.[/quote]

Anyway, hi or something.

Good luck and congrats!

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1332458150' post='2941818']
As much as I want to buy into the hype I can't help but cheer against any alliance Omni is leading. Here's waiting on disbandment.
[/quote]

I hope it's forced disbandment by the hand of GOONS. :blush:

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1332464379' post='2941874']
Best of luck to you guys. Good lord Omni in charge... holy crap :)

Chim has to love the Protection of TIO and thus the link to NPO :)

fun times.
[/quote]

Lol yes, the irony is overwhelming. Thanks for the well wishing.

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1332442574' post='2941702']
Yea any semblance of an argument you had went out the door when you mentioned Outer Heaven. Of course you would be bias against Magic, considering he basically dismantled you without firing a shot.

In short I will wish you all luck, I have a strange feeling you are going to need it.
[/quote]

Last time I checked I was on excellent terms with GATO, something that a few members of your gov know extremely well. My opinion that lanore is an inexperienced joke of a FA minister does not bear on how I view GATO as a whole.

Just saying.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1332405006' post='2941517']
8th known law of the universe: Charles is in his prime when he has no leash.
[/quote]
Hence, why you're kept on your leash :P

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1332464379' post='2941874']
Chim has to love the Protection of TIO and thus the link to NPO :)
[/quote]
I should start a list of "The Irony of Chimaera's current position" or something....

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1332366697' post='2941277']
[center][i][size="5"]Vengeance is just[/size][/i][/center]
[/quote]

Vengeance against whom? For what? Or is vengeance generically just? Do you plan to ascend via the just path?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1332432106' post='2941641']
I can go back to having an entirely positive view of ODN.
[/quote]

Please don't. It sounds boring.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1332467036' post='2941915']
Last time I checked I was on excellent terms with GATO, something that a few members of your gov know extremely well. My opinion that lanore is an inexperienced joke of a FA minister does not bear on how I view GATO as a whole.

Just saying.
[/quote]

Thank God too.

Edit:

Notably I'm also one of the best people in terms of taking criticism and talking with people. You know during your time in GATO you could have simply told me I was a joke and what I was doing wrong. I'd have been apt to listen. I know people who are willing to listen in CN are rare but I'm actually one of them. Hell if you want to tell me why I'm horrible here, or in a query, feel free bro.

At least you get that I'm a joke though. The number of people that take me seriously 9 times out of 10 is actually concerning. I was wondering if my humor was just lost on people or what.

Edited by Lanore

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1332480718' post='2942055']
Thank God too.

Edit:

Notably I'm also one of the best people in terms of taking criticism and talking with people. You know during your time in GATO you could have simply told me I was a joke and what I was doing wrong. I'd have been apt to listen. I know people who are willing to listen in CN are rare but I'm actually one of them. Hell if you want to tell me why I'm horrible here, or in a query, feel free bro.

At least you get that I'm a joke though. The number of people that take me seriously 9 times out of 10 is actually concerning. I was wondering if my humor was just lost on people or what.
[/quote]

I don't have a sense of humour though I always have to have one of these included when I speak. :awesome:

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1332417607' post='2941537']
I'm unaware of who Dark_Temptation is, but outside of Omni, the members of this government are not Alliance Hoppers. So perhaps you should gain a little knowledge of who you're talking !@#$ on, before you talk !@#$ on them.
[/quote]

Xerxer has been in a ton of alliances and that's who Dark Temptation is so, idk.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1332389925' post='2941465']
This is clearly a move forged by Roquentin to help pull TIO away from TLR.
[/quote]
Also zoom: TIO and TLR don't really mesh FA-wise anyway. Didn't you see Jgoods tearing into their FA judgement in other threads? No pulling away needed. :)

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1332390201' post='2941470']
You missed out on Roq christening #odyssey with a rant. Nothing you haven't heard before though.
[/quote]

In addition, Charles, I don't think he has seen what I actually said before and given I have shown a lot more restraint than I would when approaching other stuff, you should consider it a good thing I got it out of the way in a small IRC channel.

Also lol SirWilliam.

Edited by Roquentin

No idea how TLR became involved in all this but okay. I make no secret that I dislike some of their allies, but hey, my opinion on the matter doesn't really matter and I'm fine with this fact. Dave and Skippy are dear friends of mine so I'm never too harsh on them. :>

Omni is also a friend, so is Chimmy and DT made the TLR flag. All good people in my books. I may not like Omni's political positions, but I still like the person behind them and I wish him the best as long as he doesn't $%&@ with TLR or any of our allies. :)