Viva Cuervo!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why exactly do we need the luck? It's the other people who are screwing up. The Continuum-era aura of invincibility you attribute to the existing power structure is repulsive. I mean, we even have arexes noctem here.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1332375183' post='2941358']
Interesting, I didn't realize that anyone considered the nations flying the AA Paraguas to be a legitimate alliance.
[/quote]

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Also, this is pretty cool. Thanks to those who helped make this happen!

o/ Spartans and Paraguas[i]ians[/i]

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1332375183' post='2941358']
Interesting, I didn't realize that anyone considered the nations flying the AA Paraguas to be a legitimate alliance.
[/quote]

Why not? I signed an MDoAP right out of the gate. If I had wanted to be Blackstone Collusion or something, I'd have said it. Perhaps your perceptions as usual are mistaken. Of course, what is a matter of common sense for some, is usually BS.

descriptive song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfcnpJRf0Q&ob=av2e

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332376809' post='2941386']
Honestly, mostly because Tulak had been gone before and there hadn't been enough discussion to warrant an MDoAP at this time. I'm sure over time, we can upgrade.
[/quote]
Roq, you just need to chill, you look really desperate when [i]every other[/i] reply in this thread is you. Haters will hate, just let it go.

Glad to see this.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332375873' post='2941369']
Why not? I signed an MDoAP right out of the gate. If I had wanted to be Blackstone Collusion or something, I'd have said it. Perhaps your perceptions as usual are mistaken. Of course, what is a matter of common sense for some, is usually BS.

descriptive song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfcnpJRf0Q&ob=av2e
[/quote]
Well, you consider yourself the "True Umbrella." Because I am in the true Umbrella, and there isn't another one, I can only consider you to be flying a joke AA, with a few other nations along for the ride.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1332403537' post='2941515']
Well, you consider yourself the "True Umbrella." Because I am in the true Umbrella, and there isn't another one, I can only consider you to be flying a joke AA, with a few other nations along for the ride.
[/quote]

That's a rather absolute statement and doesn't take into account the fact that we have taken building an alliance seriously. Simply because it clashes with a world view where you determine the parameters of what constitutes a "joke AA," just makes your statement dumb at best. I have already listed my reasons in the past for not considering the aa "Umbrella" as true. Few nations would be a dumb way to describe it, and you seem to have trouble not making inaccurate statements like that.

[/quote]

One built Umbrella the other handed over Umbrellas sovereignty to MK. One built one of the most impressive alliances in history and the other neutered it. You are like a 3 day old flea on a dog taking credit for the things the dog has done in its lifetime. Any announcement that has out house crying like babies is a good one in my book, congrats.

[/quote]
Considering it was Roquentin and other members of Umbrella who are all retired by now that once made Umbrella a great alliance, I'm inclined to believe you guys are the joke AA more than what Roq is doing. That you or your current leaders want to drag you guys down to the same level as GOONS in what everyone should consider you guys makes it hard to respect Umbrella like I once did. I would rather sign a treaty with Paraguas over the current Umbrella any day of the year. After Umbrella signed with GOONS, that is where you put your loyalties signaling the end for Citadel no matter what anyone tried to do to save it.

If you guys want to be remembered on the same level as GOONS and going down with GOONS when their time comes, that is your alliance's choice to make. Although I highly respect the decision of anyone from Umbrella who decides to join Roq, who was the last good leader of Umbrella even if he made some mistakes (such as allowing Umbrella to end up in Doom House in the first place).

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332417194' post='2941535']
Considering it was Roquentin and other members of Umbrella who are all retired by now that once made Umbrella a great alliance, I'm inclined to believe you guys are the joke AA more than what Roq is doing. That you or your current leaders want to drag you guys down to to same level as GOONS in what everyone should consider you guys makes it hard to respect Umbrella like I once did. I would rather sign a treaty with Paraguas over the current Umbrella any day of the year. After Umbrella signed with GOONS, that is where you put your loyalties signaling the end for Citadel no matter what anyone tried to do to save it.

If you guys want to be remembered on the same level as GOONS and going down with GOONS when their time comes, that is your alliance's choice to make. Although I highly respect the decision of anyone from Umbrella who decides to join Roq, who was the last good leader of Umbrella even if he made some mistakes (such as allowing Umbrella to end up in Doom House in the first place).
[/quote]

Actually a lot of them aren't retired and are still in Umbrella but by all means keep talking about something you know nothing about, it is after all what you do best.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1332420768' post='2941549']
Actually a lot of them aren't retired and are still in Umbrella but by all means keep talking about something you know nothing about, it is after all what you do best.
[/quote]
Looking at your wiki these are your leaders,

President - Roquentin
Vice President - threefingeredguy

Cabinet

Field Marshall - Pudge1975
Head Envoy - Lusitan
Envoys - JohnnyApocalypse, Raken, Daikos
Economist - Tayloj
IA Chief- Chief Savage Man
Generators - mrcalkin, Natan

Roq is now Paraguas, if mrcalkin is still in your gov that is a good leader you still have left. threefingeredguy was a grunt back in the Citadel days, but he was cool. Although if none of you guys are going to realize while you still hold power in Umbrella that being MK and GOONS attack dog doesn't earn you any respect, then the alliance is doomed to be remembered as nothing more than the ones struggling to keep MK/GOONS in power, while not really doing anything important yourselves. You guys have proved true to your Genmay roots in aligning with former Unjust Path type alliances, but it doesn't seem you guys will ever advance past taking your marching orders from MK. I'm sure it felt good when you guys were told to drop Sparta, who was a long time ally so MK's plans would work out. Next time you need to drop an ally to make room for Doom House to do what's decided by others, I'm sure you guys will go along with that to. Unless you guys suddenly get leaders who decide being MK's attack dog isn't the future you want.

Edited by Methrage

mrcalkin is an MK toadie and always has been, which is why we don't get along. domisi is the president and he's been in gov forever, but mostly on IA.

GOONS wasn't related to any allegiances. It was simply that I saw them as competent given their exploits in outer space. If you remember when GOONS initially launched, MK was trashing them. In fact, I considered it a diplomatic coup that we signed with GOONS before they did and it stands as GOONS' oldest treaty.

No one who had been instrumental in the Sparta relationship in its hey day is still around in an active capacity, which was me and Sceptor more or less, so this could have been Kegerator Accords Reborn for what it's worth.

There is one anti-MK person in the government you listed, but he lost the election for the Presidency because of that, in spite of having my endorsement.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332421768' post='2941551']
mrcalkin is an MK toadie and always has been, which is why we don't get along. domisi is the president and he's been in gov forever, but mostly on IA.

GOONS wasn't related to any allegiances. It was simply that I saw them as competent given their exploits in outer space. If you remember when GOONS initially launched, MK was trashing them. In fact, I considered it a diplomatic coup that we signed with GOONS before they did and it stands as GOONS' oldest treaty.

No one who had been instrumental in the Sparta relationship in its hey day is still around in an active capacity, which was me and Sceptor more or less, so this could have been Kegerator Accords Reborn for what it's worth.
[/quote]
I remember back in the Citadel days getting along with mrcalkin good, which is what I was going by. Although back in the Citadel days it was FCC who was first to sign with MK, then Gremlins and Umbrella followed suit after, so we kind of had the same agenda back then. I don't remember domisi, but signing with GOONS was a bad decision. Umbrella was a highly respected alliance, but by allowing GOONS to get away with whatever they want by giving them unconditional support Umbrella is no better than GOONS these days.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332422013' post='2941554']
I remember back in the Citadel days getting along with mrcalkin good, which is what I was going by. Although back in the Citadel days it was FCC who was first to sign with MK, then Gremlins and Umbrella followed suit after, so we kind of had the same agenda back then. I don't remember domisi, but signing with GOONS was a bad decision. Umbrella was a highly respected alliance, but by allowing GOONS to get away with whatever they want by giving them unconditional support Umbrella is no better than GOONS these days.
[/quote]

GOONS wasn't really doing anything for most of 2009. The treaty was signed around a month after they formed and it was highly beneficial in many respects. I don't regret signing it. While I don't agree with some of their practices like the one week raids or some of the Mercy Board stuff, I don't regret signing it.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332422132' post='2941555']
GOONS wasn't really doing anything for most of 2009.
[/quote]
I agree for the first year or so of their existense they were trying to pretend they were nothing like the old GOONS, maybe they weren't with their previous leader. Although with Sardonic in charge, they use their position to get away with being the most greedy alliance out there in asking reps and making it no secret they get their fun from ruining it for others.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332422132' post='2941555']
The treaty was signed around a month after they formed and it was highly beneficial in many respects. I don't regret signing it. While I don't agree with some of their practices like the one week raids or some of the Mercy Board stuff, I don't regret signing it.
[/quote]
I don't regret supporting Umbrella for entry into Citadel or supporting it when FCC signed a treaty with MK either, things were different then though. Regrets are pointless, decisions made back then might of been good back then. Although the treaty with GOONS is dragging Umbrella down these days, as GOONS have made clear they represent everything Citadel (and even MK to some extent) once opposed.

Edited by Methrage