An Announcement from TLR and NPO

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1331014857' post='2934491']
This is what I don't get. There have been several posts from TLR members in this thread that pretty much said MK/ODN screwed you guys over in the DH/NPO war. Yet you disband/merge your alliances and still roll merrily along riding in MK's shirt pocket all the same. Maybe this treaty is a way to begin to break away from that chain but that would be quite a surprise.
[/quote]
There was a breakdown in communication. Everyone assumed that someone else was keeping people in the loop. That's hardly screwing them over. We sat down and talked it out like big kids before anyone freaked out about it.

That said, I've already pledged to nuke anyone who let it happen to =LOST= (and now TLR) again.

Edited by flak attack

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leet Guy: Going to let you in a little secret, if people like NG and TLR have to declare 3 off wars, it means Fark did something right. Just because they couldn't capitalize on it doesn't mean it couldn't have turned out better for them.

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1323862420' post='2877686']
[font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]A huge shout out to [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=263991"]US Democracy[/url] of Fark for showing genius tactics during war.[/size][/font]

[size="2"]Maybe he should write a special guide when this is all done because new players would find it invaluable.[/size]

[size="2"]1. [b]Always rebuy infra when somebody attacks you[/b]. GA, CM, AC and nukes don't hurt you if you rebuy back up to 9999.99 after every single attack. (NB this was done several times per day)[/size]

[size="2"]2. [b]Stock up on CMs. [/b]But don't use them[/size]

[size="2"]3. [b]Don't buy planes[/b].[/size]

[size="2"]4. [b]Rebuy soldiers and tanks[/b]. But don't use them[/size]

[size="2"]5. [b]Don't restock your nukes.[/b][/size]

[size="2"]6. [/size][b][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Don't use your spies[/size][/font][/b]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]7. [b]Above all, make sure you collect in nuclear anarchy[/b][/size][/font]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Spy op 5[sup]th[/sup] December[/size][/font]

[size="2"]9[sup]th[/sup] December[/size]

[size="2"]13[sup]th[/sup] December[/size]
[/quote]

It's been made clear a lot of them messed up in less severe ways, but still messed up regardless.

Edited by Roquentin

So in conclusion, Fark 10 for planning, 1 for execution. There's also stuff like the wouldestous just not being there at all case.

[quote]By declaring instead on Pacifica, Farkistan intended to fulfill its obligation to defend NpO, while sidestepping the obvious trap and forcing the other side to regroup and target them through far more tenuous chains and politically unpopular ghost declarations.[/quote]

Spot on, but ghost DoWs aren't a big deal.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1331071042' post='2934715']
Is there a pre-empt in the pipeline? :v:
[/quote]
I'm laying the framework.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1331070828' post='2934714']
So TOP are gunning for TLR now? :awesome:
[/quote]
I like TLR, GATO on the other hand... :((

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331072583' post='2934735']
That's not going to work. You're booked for ODN. Hmph.
[/quote]
I think I can fabricate some hatred for them. Why ODN though?

Also, I'm going to need you to send me the lineup sheet, por favor.

I dunno, man, giving away all of it so early on seems kind of bad.

I can explain the rationale in private.

Edited by Roquentin

I'm kind of disappointed to see this tbh. I was going to point out the irony of NPO being de facto treatied to C&G, but I believe that point's been beaten to death.

All I have to say now is that I thought that the NPO was independent enough to want to either start their own faction or provide the counterpoint to the current dominant faction, instead they seem to have fallen in line and become docile, which is quite a shame. No more fiery rhetoric, treatises about Francoism, or even active belligerence towards anyone in particular.

This treaty is a sign of the times that makes me miss the old days.

Even all that said, I won't leave on doom and gloom, in spite of this and anything else, there's always hope that something interesting will happen, we'll just see who makes the first move.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1331088398' post='2934874']
I'm kind of disappointed to see this tbh. I was going to point out the irony of NPO being de facto treatied to C&G, but I believe that point's been beaten to death.

All I have to say now is that I thought that the NPO was independent enough to want to either start their own faction or provide the counterpoint to the current dominant faction, instead they seem to have fallen in line and become docile, which is quite a shame. No more fiery rhetoric, treatises about Francoism, or even active belligerence towards anyone in particular.

Even all that said, I won't leave on doom and gloom, in spite of this and anything else, there's always hope that something interesting will happen, we'll just see who makes the first move.
[/quote]
They were relatively independent (whether by choice or not) after Karma and through Bipolar, including fiery rhetoric and belligerence, and that led to DH/NPO. I'm not trying to start a debate about DH/NPO, just pointing this out as a fact.

Successful revolutions that supplant a ruling force, in this world and without, almost always include divisions within the ruling power structure, under the surface intrigue, and forces within the system working against it. Regardless of what NPO's long term goals are, plugging themselves into the current system is a good move.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1331094074' post='2934933']
They were relatively independent (whether by choice or not) after Karma and through Bipolar, including fiery rhetoric and belligerence, and that led to DH/NPO. I'm not trying to start a debate about DH/NPO, just pointing this out as a fact.

Successful revolutions that supplant a ruling force, in this world and without, almost always include divisions within the ruling power structure, under the surface intrigue, and forces within the system working against it. Regardless of what NPO's long term goals are, plugging themselves into the current system is a good move.
[/quote]
Oh, I don't deny that, but it doesn't necessarily change my opinion at all.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1331073247' post='2934744']
I think I can fabricate some hatred for them. Why ODN though?

Also, I'm going to need you to send me the lineup sheet, por favor.
[/quote]
Roq has a thing for orange on orange.

[/quote]
I don't think it's a sign of NPO being docile, or anything like that. After getting rolled once, retreating into their shell, then getting rolled again for it, they decided to send feelers out to people. They found that they liked TLR. It happens.

[/quote]
NPO isn't going to win by being independent of the treaty web, their best shot at making a come back would be to steal away some allies from MK, rather than be against the world.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1331138765' post='2935064']
Roq has a thing for orange on orange.

I don't think it's a sign of NPO being docile, or anything like that. After getting rolled once, retreating into their shell, then getting rolled again for it, they decided to send feelers out to people. They found that they liked TLR. It happens.
[/quote]

Gets it