An Imperial Decree

Rayvon

NSO seems to be tired of getting rolled for its allies. I mean, when was the last time we saw a cool stunt from you guys, like recruiting from neutrals, the RAD war, or challenging RIA to a one-on-one? I once loved the reckless abandon mentality that the Sith brought to the table, and I'm just afraid that you guys have become no different from other alliances. I hope that that is not the case, however, and wish you guys all the best in the future.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1327862331' post='2909579']
Rok still has an ODoAP with NATO. ROCK is essentially Rok. There's no one currently in the Ragnablok, and I don't believe that our individually signed treaty with NoR was cancelled along with MJ, unless i'm mistaken.
[/quote]
Well, it's good to know the Wiki page is still partly accurate.

Joe, tell it to us straight: are the NATO and NoR treaties still standing, or are they in the cancellation phase, as well?

What, exactly, is going on in Ragnarok?

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1327861676' post='2909564']
Months ago. Why, you need me to put in a good word/vouch?
[/quote]
please no. also please join a better alliance, at least i could respect you in CoJ :<

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327861847' post='2909565']
The current Empress was Lord of IA when you signed, Kait was Empress when you signed. Bob and Joe went insane and sent packing. If anything, this is a return to the government that NSO signed with.
[/quote]
Come on Schatt, relationships change. Due to the manner in which what we see as the rightful government was removed, we don't feel comfortable with a treaty with Kait/Adel et al.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1327862627' post='2909589']
Well, it's good to know the Wiki page is still partly accurate.

Joe, tell it to us straight: are the NATO and NoR treaties still standing, or are they in the cancellation phase, as well?

What, exactly, is going on in Ragnarok?
[/quote]

Last i checked they were both still standing. NATO was considering all avenues, and I don't know about NoR.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1327862648' post='2909590']
Come on Schatt, relationships change. Due to the manner in which what we see as the rightful government was removed, we don't feel comfortable with a treaty with Kait/Adel et al.
[/quote]
That is the nature of Moldavi's brainchild Democratic Autocracy. The government is a government to which you were previously amenable, Bob and Joe were removed for clearcut reasons, not on a whim. Just call it what it is: Rok is about to get rolled.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1327862990' post='2909602']
Haven't seen one of these mass cancellations on an alliance in awhile. Certainly brings back memories.
[/quote]

This does have a "throwback" ring to it. I suppose I'll add an old-school comment:

[i]Lines being drawn![/i]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327862963' post='2909601']
That is the nature of Moldavi's brainchild Democratic Autocracy. The government is a government to which you were previously amenable, Bob and Joe were removed for clearcut reasons, not on a whim. Just call it what it is: Rok is about to get rolled.
[/quote]
Or maybe the have decided since then that their relationship with KaitlinK isn't the same.

Or is change not possible anymore?

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Da DreadLord' timestamp='1327862926' post='2909600']
You must be so proud right now Joe
[/quote]

Yes i'm so proud the alliance i was apart for the better part of three years is about to get stomped.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1327863155' post='2909604']
Or maybe the have decided since then that their relationship with KaitlinK isn't the same.

Or is change not possible anymore?
[/quote]
Yeah, things have changed: Everyone thinks Rok is about to get rolled, and NSO is cancelling.

[/quote]
Yes NSO is well known for being scared of fighting a losing war.

The government of RoK changed in two ways which made this cancellation necessary: first, the manner of its changing. Our system is governed by strict controls. What happened in RoK was a mini-civil war. Second, even if the change had come about as a result of a "challenge" type of system, that doesn't mean we have to like the new government. By your logic, alliances should keep treaties forever even if they no longer like or agree with who's leading their allies.

[/quote]
Obviously we have a differing interpretation of events than you do. As I said, we don't support the current government and their actions in removing Bob and therefore canceled the treaty. Are you seriously saying that once you sign a treaty with someone you should stay allied with them forever?

yes because nso never fights obv

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327863306' post='2909609']
Yeah, things have changed: Everyone thinks Rok is about to get rolled, and NSO is cancelling.
[/quote]
Rok certainly feels insecure; they are running to peace mode. - [url="http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=RagnaroK"]Peace Mode Vikings[/url]

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1327863129' post='2909603']
This does have a "throwback" ring to it. I suppose I'll add an old-school comment:

[i]Lines being drawn![/i]
[/quote]
More like being erased :P

Best of luck to RoK in the very near future, seems you're gonna need all the luck you can get.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1327862527' post='2909584']
NSO seems to be tired of getting rolled for its allies. I mean, when was the last time we saw a cool stunt from you guys, like recruiting from neutrals, the RAD war, or challenging RIA to a one-on-one? I once loved the reckless abandon mentality that the Sith brought to the table, and I'm just afraid that you guys have become no different from other alliances. I hope that that is not the case, however, and wish you guys all the best in the future.
[/quote]

Stone we used to be sith at one time. Its still that fun reckless alliance it used to be, but the last war brought about almost half its membership to disappear.

I can understand why they wouldn't want another war right now.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1327863495' post='2909613']
Rok certainly feels insecure; they are running to peace mode. - [url="http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=RagnaroK"]Peace Mode Vikings[/url]
[/quote]
Their new fearless leader wills it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327861847' post='2909565']
The current Empress was Lord of IA when you signed, Kait was Empress when you signed. Bob and Joe went insane and sent packing. If anything, this is a return to the government that NSO signed with.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually Kaitlin had next to nothing to do with the formation of the NSO-RoK relationship. It was pretty much everyone else in that alliance. Bob and Joe especially had much to do with it. I cannot really blame NSO for not wanting much to do with Kaitlin.[/color]

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1327863468' post='2909611']
The government of RoK changed in two ways which made this cancellation necessary: first, the manner of its changing. Our system is governed by strict controls. What happened in RoK was a mini-civil war. Second, even if the change had come about as a result of a "challenge" type of system, that doesn't mean we have to like the new government. By your logic, alliances should keep treaties forever even if they no longer like or agree with who's leading their allies.
[/quote][quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1327863483' post='2909612']
Obviously we have a differing interpretation of events than you do. As I said, we don't support the current government and their actions in removing Bob and therefore canceled the treaty. Are you seriously saying that once you sign a treaty with someone you should stay allied with them forever?

yes because nso never fights obv
[/quote]
I love when people extrapolate wild and idiotic things out of my very plain comments. Of course I don't think that allies should stay allied forever. The simple fact of the matter is that you're in here talking about being unable to work with RoK's current gov when it is in fact pretty much the same gov you signed the treaty with. It's water-thin.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1327863880' post='2909623']
[color="#0000FF"]Actually Kaitlin had next to nothing to do with the formation of the NSO-RoK relationship. It was pretty much everyone else in that alliance. Bob and Joe especially had much to do with it. I cannot really blame NSO for not wanting much to do with Kaitlin.[/color]
[/quote]
And if this is true, how sad is it that RV can explain this better than yourselves?

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327864009' post='2909625']
I love when people extrapolate wild and idiotic things out of my very plain comments. Of course I don't think that allies should stay allied forever. The simple fact of the matter is that you're in here talking about being unable to work with RoK's current gov when it is in fact pretty much the same gov you signed the treaty with. It's water-thin.

And if this is true, how sad is it that RV can explain this better than yourselves?
[/quote]
Not sad at all since he was involved in the relationship?

Four of the six NSO signatories on that treaty are no longer in active gov. Five of the seven RoK signatories are no longer even in the alliance. That alone should be explanation enough for a serious shift. Factor in recent events, and yeah.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1327864608' post='2909633']
Wasn't there a whole mega deal about GATO cancelling on NSO when it got rolled, like "wait until after the war before cancelling", etc, etc.

Not that I care, but seems a bit weird.
[/quote]

Timing.

As it sits, it's just a lot of hearsay about the attacks pending on RoK. There's no active DoWs, nothing. And we, as has been stated, have no desire to continue to work with them or wait for such events to happen. When GATO cancelled, iirc to those hazy days gone past, there was already a posted DoW.

Edited by Rayvon