Polls Are Open - CN Awards 2011

Unknown Smurf

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that think CN forum polls would have been sufficient, please recognize that only 3 poll questions can be made per topic, which would result in 17 topics for these awards...

If you feel we should or shouldn't have 18 (17 + the results topic) for this, please send me a PM. I'll do whatever the ..lets say 7th.. person who PMs me tells me to do.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1326103744' post='2896240']
For those that think CN forum polls would have been sufficient, please recognize that only 3 poll questions can be made per topic, which would result in 17 topics for these awards...

If you feel we should or shouldn't have 18 (17 + the results topic) for this, please send me a PM. I'll do whatever the ..lets say 7th.. person who PMs me tells me to do.
[/quote]

How do we know you are going to be honest about what the 7th person wrote you, you can rig this! <Sarcasm>

[/quote]
Literally nobody wants you to manage this. Give up.

[/quote]

Yeah, that's usually how the awards have been done the last two years at least.

Really the best recourse for you now is to declare your method has failed, let someone else do the awards, and post in moderation asking that this thread be closed so other people don't get confused when we do the legit awards.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1326134467' post='2896382']
Well intentioned, flawed execution. A few dozen voting threads has worked before in the past, and there's no reason it can't work again now.
[/quote]

If it were me, I'd get rid of the very minor categories and simply put in the major categories for whom the choices are very obvious. Problem solved. Less polls necessary, less stupid options.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326134782' post='2896385']
If it were me, I'd get rid of the very minor categories and simply put in the major categories for whom the choices are very obvious. Problem solved. Less polls necessary, less stupid options.
[/quote]
That just sounds like a ploy to give MK fewer awards

Edited by ktarthan

There are definitely some awards that are dumb and should go away.
Best Meme....? Memes are terrible, especially CN memes, and if a meme is so good that it deserves an award then someone will nominate the person that originiated it for Best Quote or Post or something, as it stands, its an award that goes to no one for something that is horrid.
Awards for metrics should be nixed: Most growth? Why would you vote on that, it's not subject to debate except in absence of records. Most Immoral, Most Hated, Worst Diplomatic Move? Those aren't awards.
The self-nomination in this was nice for a change for categories like Best Thread, Sig, etc, because no matter how good a thread is how many people remember threads from last January much less last summer, but there was no mention of seconding and the nominations were private, so in the end its useless.
Taking it off-site was a bad decision, changing the rules mid-stream on some categories and failing to mention other caveats made it worse.
I also don't know why you asked people to post a small elaboration of why nominees in some categories deserved it, then didn't include those elaborations in the process at all. "Best Sig....Schattenmann...Black background - zooms onto some vampire looking guy" I'm not a vampire, I don't RP a vampire, not even on Halloween. "Doitzel's random rant" ok, because I [i]totally[/i] know what that means.

I know that you put work into this, but each year is a chance to at least do it well, and maybe improve it, this didn't do it, nor does the other one.

I would like to nominate this post for best WoT.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326137781' post='2896408']
"Best Sig....Schattenmann...Black background - zooms onto some vampire looking guy" I'm not a vampire, I don't RP a vampire, not even on Halloween.
[/quote]

tbf it's not a far stretch to infer that, based on your current choice of avatar. That said, I agree with the post. Including the nomination at the end.

[quote name='feestaap1' timestamp='1326139206' post='2896419']
I voted schattenmann for most hated poster and now I can remember why...
[/quote]
The world had its chance; I didn't even make it to round two of MK's Worst Poster cagematch. :smug:
Edit: Actually, I guess "worst" and "most hated" aren't the same.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1326138453' post='2896414']
tbf it's not a far stretch to infer that, based on your current choice of avatar. That said, I agree with the post. Including the nomination at the end.
[/quote]
Point taken; however, I have had this avatar for maybe 3 days, and I've been around not being a vampire for 5 years. Until this avatar, in fact, I specifically stayed away from Lugosi images with capes.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1326062951' post='2895915']
And Aloha is the winner with a mighty 100% activity!

Nothing wrong with a large, active alliance winning the category.
[/quote]

I accept, but I'm not showing up at the awards ceremony.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326137781' post='2896408']
Most Immoral, Most Hated, Worst Diplomatic Move? Those aren't awards.
[/quote]

C'mon, there should be awards Crymson can win, too. We can't get rid of these.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1326145445' post='2896447']
Why the @#%# was my vote deleted, do you know who I am?
[/quote]

There was two votes under your name.. one for a variety of options throughout which I assumed was you, and then one that voted MK for everything which I assumed was not you. Also the one that voted MK for everything was in the middle of a bunch of votes (time wise) by a bunch of rulers that were faked, myself included.