Polls Are Open - CN Awards 2011

Unknown Smurf

Dear idiots,

Stop voting multiple times, I can see IPs of those who vote, multiple votes will not count.

The person who votes "Non Grata" for the first 3 and skipped the rest of the questions around 20 times is wasting his time...

I can't connect that IP to CN so I don't know who it is, but come on now, it's easy for me to delete.

At the very least don't use my name as the one submitting <_<

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part about this poll is at the end we know the results will be 100% meaningless because Smurf will be picking and choosing which votes he thinks are legitimate.

And no, I didn't bother voting. I'll wait til someone starts the polls up for real.

Edited by Seerow

:rolleyes:

Why does MK feel as though I'm not including you guys? You were nominated for 90% of the categories... and you're winning ~50% of those currently.

It's not a conspiracy, honestly. The only deleted votes so far are the 24 from someone who voted non grata for the first 3 options and left everything else blank. The IP was the same on all of those votes.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1326006063' post='2895532']

Why does MK feel as though I'm not including you guys? You were nominated for 90% of the categories... and you're winning ~50% of those currently.

It's not a conspiracy, honestly. The only deleted votes so far are the 24 from someone who voted non grata for the first 3 options and left everything else blank. The IP was the same on all of those votes.
[/quote]

This isn't about not being included. It's about you trying to use stupid methods and lies to do something so damn simple. I mean you repeat here that "the IP was the same" but its incredibly well established that GDocs don't let you see IPs. Coupled with you being the only one to see numbers and nominations and the whole thing stinks of being poorly run.

[/quote]

Just my opinion, you're being completely moronic about this whole damn process. You're telling people who they can and can't vote for, and for what reason? Plus what is wrong with using the poll feature on these forums, its much more transparent.

It's sad how people get so controlling of these awards that they've turned these fun yearly award threads into a trainwreck

<UnknownSmurf> <UnknownSmurf> Can you unban me from #mushroom? I'd like to discuss having an MK member oversee what I'm doing
<UnknownSmurf> <UnknownSmurf> to prove I'm not rigging the polls.
<UnknownSmurf> Thanks.
<babyjesus> there's nothing you can do to salvage these awards
<babyjesus> you $%&@ed them up too badly
<UnknownSmurf> Dude you guys are being excessively paranoid
<babyjesus> no we're not
<UnknownSmurf> Its a game, I really didn't rig them in any way shape or form.
<UnknownSmurf> I'm willing to show you the results of the submissions.
<babyjesus> stop lying about the ips you retard
<UnknownSmurf> I'm willing to have 1 MK guy over see what I've done.
<babyjesus> no
<UnknownSmurf> Give me someone you trust that isn't an idiot.
<UnknownSmurf> Then stop complaining -.-;;
<babyjesus> uh no
<babyjesus> uh no
<babyjesus> we want someone else doing the awards
<babyjesus> that's it
<UnknownSmurf> Then do them yourselves.

[quote name='rapmanej' timestamp='1326006367' post='2895537']
Just my opinion, you're being completely moronic about this whole damn process. You're telling people who they can and can't vote for, and for what reason? Plus what is wrong with using the poll feature on these forums, its much more transparent.

It's sad how people get so controlling of these awards that they've turned these fun yearly award threads into a trainwreck
[/quote]

Dude, I've never done the awards before. I saw [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108022]this[/url] thread and said '$%&@ it, I'll do them.' Noone else wanted to. The only reason I did it off-site was so I didn't have to make 100 topics for it or whatever like it was in previous years.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='rapmanej' timestamp='1326006367' post='2895537']

[/quote]
This, so many times this.

I think GPA aka Jerge would be good at organising this.

Save us GPA, you're our only hope.

Edited by The Pansy

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1326006736' post='2895543']
If that's what you want, but I think everyone here would like someone neutral to do them.
[/quote]

It's an OOC forum... I'm not bringing any bias' against MK into this. I said I'm willing to let you guys view the results (something noone else can do), if you'd rather have Jerdge or someone over see the results that's fine. I'd rather have him as well at this point <_<

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[/quote]
Because every year somebody new comes along with a "brilliant" idea to make the awards more "fair", which usually translates to some complication oriented toward not allowing us to blitz a straight vote. Every year the process just gets more complicated and we still walk away with most of the awards because (1) we're just that good :smug: and (2) looking at our competition in a number of these categories we're one of very few groups actually trying at this.

Part of the fun of these is also in watching the vote dynamics. If we were using regular polls on these forums we could all actually see MK and NG compete in a number of categories.

Also, this wouldn't be a CN awards if we didn't make you hate yourself for having the audacity to try and do it.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1326006844' post='2895546']
It's an OOC forum... I'm not bringing any bias' against MK into this. I said I'm willing to let you guys view the results (something noone else can do), if you'd rather have Jerdge or someone over see the results that's fine. I'd rather have him as well at this point <_<
[/quote]
No, these awards cannot be saved. As was pointed out by you and other people, it's very easy to use other the names of other people without any real method of verification. There is far too much potential for fraud from both you and from voters. That and the rules from the start were set up solely so we wouldn't win.