The dawn of the Iron Age

Aeros

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1326056760' post='2895852']
Ok fair enough. I didn't say Roq was a bad leader, but some people think too highly of him in my honest opinion.
[/quote]
[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1326050347' post='2895811']
[...]

I have always wondered why Roq got all those praises, but I guess the majority came from non-allies. Those that haven't worked with Roq closely. Sure he did a lot for Umbrella and I'm sure most Umbrellians still thank him for that, but to paint him as God's greatest gift is just inane. Roq sure as hell isn't better than Archon or any of PB's current [b]or[/b] former leaders.
[/quote]
What? You know nothing arexes. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. Roq definitely deserves credit here, he is among those who have played a bigger role then most in shaping the world as we know it.

And it's not like you can say anything about Archon, you weren't there during his prime.

I think it's mostly Impero that is on the same page as you, [b]FOK's current leadership knows !@#$ all about working with you[/b] and GOONs, well they are GOONs. Can't say much about those other alliances.
[/quote]
So cute. Whereas our relationship was quite good thank you (Umb and FOK were able to cooperate closely with each other well before the founding of PB - PB was just reaffirming this), all you've been able to provide is pitty arguments and causing infighting.
Think about it, perhaps the disturbing factor here was you. I know, scary thought.

I've been through many allied leadership but tbh I haven't seen anyone more neurotic, frantic and frightened as yourself. Being careful is a good trait but you are taking it into the extreme and considering the world we live in it is quite retarded.
[/quote]
Yes, this is a classic arexes argument. Please, continue.

I never said I was better than you, I do get pissed when things don't go my way. But so far I have always got my way.[/quote]
Really? Such a bold statement for someone who has recently complained about how the big bad Tromp was not doing what arexes wanted years back. Really, don't overestimate yourself, you've been more of an instrument/loose cannon than anything else.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1326057514' post='2895863']
Do you want a medal? Tromp is 1/5 of FOK and hasn't even been in gov for the entirety of PB's existence.
[/quote]
This is true, but it's not like this is my first time in office. Neither Harry's, by the way.

Anyway, carry on.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326072233' post='2896038'][b]
It came up because Arexes is irked that Roquentin is a member of FOK now. Not only because he is an anglophone (Making an alliance strictly one race/religion is actually illegal per the admin,)[/b] but because Arexes is a bully and he knows FOK post Cheeky will not be pushed around. From what I can tell, Roquentin probably called MK on their !@#$%^&* and now they're crying about it for everyone to see how quickly former friends become enemies for them. It's fun to watch because no matter the slander and malfeasance thrown Roq's way, he still ends up looking like the same classy leader he has always been, and...well, the others look like themselves.

I can only wonder as to the dynamic inside of Umbrella right now. Allies, now friend and former leader. What's next?
[/quote]
A minor correction. Roq isn't a full FOK member. He enjoys our protection, but that's it.

Second, "Dutch" doesn't equal "race". We're based on nationality... And even that is not a requirement to become a member. All we ask is that you speak proper Dutch. So Flemish people can join, as can Afrikaners/Boers.

Edited by Tromp

I'm going to avoid a lot of this for what is probably obvious reasons, but a few small points.

First, I agree with the sentiments expressed by Sardonic, Quiz, and perhaps others as well (those two posts stuck out to me)

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1326054317' post='2895836']
To be fair, Archon never kept his alliance consistently about 90% slot efficiency like Roq did, heh. Umbrella's tech numbers are in a huge part due to Roq's countless efforts in the tech field.
[/quote]

I was never much of an IA guy. Probably my biggest failing. :(

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1326070155' post='2896017']
NEWSFLASH: Roq was overrated.

Subheading: So was every other successful alliance leader since Ivan.

More at eleven.
[/quote]

To be honest, Ivan was also overrated (Note: this does not mean he wasn't good). It comes with the territory. To be honest, when being evaluated purely on what they did while in a position of leadership, I think the only alliance leader who wasn't overrated was Dilber. His short reign as Emperor of the NPO was a work of art. But he wasn't able to rule for very long due to issues beyond his control (OOC), and it's also possible that I'm forgetting a few negative events. I'm also not counting any of his time later as part of the NPO's FA force, but purely his time as Emperor (the 'alliance leader' of the NPO).

Edit: To be honest, I think I used to be honest too much. To be honest, I think it was because I was doing a few other things while writing this.

Edited by Archon

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1326074776' post='2896060']
Edit: To be honest, I think I used to be honest too much. To be honest, I think it was because I was doing a few other things while writing this.
[/quote]
To be honest, I think you did it on purpose.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326074384' post='2896055']
That is the sentence (nevermind out of context, because your point is still without standing,) where I supposively "said", and then later I "implied," that I know Roquentin better than you.

I really see where you're coming from.

...Bravo.
[/quote]Oh sorry, you implied it rather than saying it outright, I'll walk home in shame now. Supposively.

To be honest, Ivan was also overrated (Note: this does not mean he wasn't good). It comes with the territory. To be honest, when being evaluated purely on what they did while in a position of leadership, I think the only alliance leader who wasn't overrated was Dilber. His short reign as Emperor of the NPO was a work of art. But he wasn't able to rule for very long due to issues beyond his control (OOC), and it's also possible that I'm forgetting a few negative events. I'm also not counting any of his time later as part of the NPO's FA force, but purely his time as Emperor (the 'alliance leader' of the NPO).

[/quote]
My bad. I meant since Ivan to be inclusive of Ivan. IE, every successful leader. Ironically, I would say he is now underrated based on NSO's level of success.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1326075235' post='2896065']
This thread is pretty great by the way.
[/quote]

It really kind of is. I'm happy someone pointed it out to me.

The greatest part is probably where the trend of MK backstabbing their friends continues to provide the lulz. First Polar, now Roq. Who's next?

Please MK, don't betray TOP.

inb4 someone doesn't realize I'm being sarcastic.

On topic, during the Bastion(Later named & when we jettisoned the name via the RIA-Rok-VE mini-bloc), discussions I asked if either FOK or R&R could give a reading on what IRON's intentions were. What I was told was that they hadn't really interacted since DarkMistress's departure. I believe the R&R relationship was reinvigorated after R&R canceled on ODN over the Prox/Arsenal C&G vs LEO 2.0 stuff and the VoNC talk on GFL.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1326076511' post='2896084']
Myth even provided comedic relief.
[/quote]

[img]http://blog.aacriminallaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/1001.jpg[/img]

Funny how?

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326077766' post='2896090']
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MxvIJJqRSYE/Tjr4pT2TJAI/AAAAAAAAAFw/a-S9-iGBYxM/s1600/Look-at-Me.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Sums up everything you've said in this thread.

Fakedit: and any thread during the last month

How? Limited to this thread, my only comments are about the ridiculous treatment an individual was receiving for no reason other than sharing a different viewpoint than another.

...oh wait.

Edit: Unless you count continuing to ask how something not logically possible was said by myself and then implied in the same sentence, because I was truly mystified by that. You got me there. And then being subjected to the same deplorable behavior aforementioned...

I suppose I "brought it on myself," and "deserved it," for speaking out, right?

My how far we've come!

Edited by IYIyTh

[/quote]

I can't think of many leaders that were well rounded in all aspects of running an alliance. To be good at everything requires an extraordinary time commitment. So yeah.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326073998' post='2896050']
Your current obsession with your past and your reputation is unhealthy, Roq. Come off of it.
[/quote]

100% agreed here.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1326057564' post='2895864']
I'm really not sure if that is something to be proud of or embarrassed of though.

There's a reason no other alliance can bother mimicking such efficiency. It's tedious and time consuming and for what result?
[/quote]

No one is embarrassed about it, I'll give you that much.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326072233' post='2896038']
I can only wonder as to the dynamic inside of Umbrella right now. Allies, now friend and former leader. What's next?
[/quote]

Umbrella's dynamic has been pretty much the same since Roq left.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[/quote]
This is why the attempts to compare you and Roq are comparing apples and oranges. Your focus and specialty has always been FA and keeping everyone getting along internally.

ETA: I agree with what Sardonic/Quiz said.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326084202' post='2896140']
Also if I write an actual dissertation, can you guys vouch for me that 5-7 paragraphs is enough? I'm going to need back up.
[/quote]

I prefer novelette size. Just have it shipped to me.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1326041858' post='2895758']
I can barely believe this is a post from a member of umbrella who had access to military channels and is not(?) mentally ill.

Assuming you are using the royal me to mean Umbrella, anyway, if not then your personality disorder is showing. The amount of childish, bragging nonsense that you and Natan threw at MK (who did all the fighting for our side while Umbrella did all the nationbuilding) meant that your alliance-mates had to throw you out. If it were up to me, the knives would've been out much earlier, but MK has a lot more respect for the members of Umbrella than that. Luckily, the members of Umbrella know a dried up old red cloud when they see one, and now we're free to ridicule your conspiracy theories if we need to. It's all very well feeling sorry for yourself, painting a vast canvas of injustice for yourself to critique. I'm sure you could list a thousand acronyms and their associated counters for every war since you joined us on this planet and before, in order to obfuscate the central point here: you didn't get the recognition you think you deserve. You aren't Archon, and you won't ever be perceived as an Archon. For all your efforts, you got no credit, and you're not going to get it by throwing your toys out of the pram and whining like you are in this thread. It's nauseating. [b]Your existence is nauseating.[/b] Stop it.
[/quote]

Did you [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausea_%28novel%29"]do this[/url] on purpose? I clapped a little.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1326094561' post='2896211']
Did you [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausea_%28novel%29"]do this[/url] on purpose? I clapped a little.
[/quote]

I'm happy with it because most people assume my name is pronounced in a lame Bob English-based way, when French is one of the premier languages in Nausea. Though the post is off-base.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326095230' post='2896214']
I'm happy with it because most people assume my name is pronounced in a lame Bob English-based way, when French is one of the premier languages in Nausea. Though the post is off-base.
[/quote]

To be fair, so is the entire thread.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1326095877' post='2896215']
To be fair, so is the entire thread.
[/quote]

I've always wondered how mass alliance economics like in IRON work, actually. It was only really taxing for me to manage it when I had coordinate a good chunk of the aid for GOONS, because there was no real break because it'd have to be re-upped every time the slots expired. It was burning me out.

Also honestly, when I got there Umbrella had severe activity issues(at least as far as elite alliances go) and didn't have too much of a direction following the WoTC. Maybe 10 founding members deleted in September of that year. They had gotten their long waited revenge on the New Polar Order.

edit: Not doing anything was going to kill the alliance and in the midst of the aftermath of WoTC, I kept throwing around the idea since NPO had soundly overreached its mandate during that war, "if NpO could be isolated and rolled, why can't the same happen to NPO?"

Consistent tech dealing was limited to the most proactive members, which resulted in a tech deficit in Umbrella's first real test as a fighting alliance against Valhalla.

So if not god's greatest gift, I can at least be the Bobian equivalent of OOC: Evita.

Edited by Roquentin