The dawn of the Iron Age

Aeros

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1326532973' post='2899336']
Lets also give due credit to those who switched sides towards the end.
[/quote]

You mean all the alliances which came up with really creative ways to avoid initially honoring the NPO treaties (I think MCXA takes the cake with 4 though) and therefore killed any cohesive strategy the Hegemony could have had?

Or the alliances Bob mentions which were ignored and kicked out the door by NPO/co's diplomatic team in the days leading to the war?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1326543806' post='2899358']
Not to mention Sparta and MHA. Those three alliances were all still part of Continuum and had to e-lawyer their way out of the Hegemony side, and had the other Continuum powers got their diplomacy right, those alliances could almost certainly have been convinced to at least stay out of the Karma side. TOP and MHA, after all, counted NPO as one of their oldest friends before then.
[/quote]

None of TOP, Sparta and MHA were members of Q when NPO attacked OV. Sparta made a convenient choice, then attacked NPO later on. MHA, as they are wont to do, dove to the winning side as quickly as they could, completely disregarding their permanent treaty with the NPO (which they later canceled). The relationship between TOP and NPO was more or less listless and deceased by the time all of this came around. We'd come to the conclusion some time before that we were were more or less just a strategic piece to them. The attack on OV was the third time in less than a year that they'd shown an utter disregard for our wishes and for our own agenda despite the reverse absolutely not being true. The attack on OV, and the manner in which it was launched, was just the final straw.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326584718' post='2899742']
None of TOP, Sparta and MHA were members of Q when NPO attacked OV. Sparta made a convenient choice, then attacked NPO later on. MHA, as they are wont to do, dove to the winning side as quickly as they could, completely disregarding their permanent treaty with the NPO (which they later canceled). The relationship between TOP and NPO was more or less listless and deceased by the time all of this came around. We'd come to the conclusion some time before that we were were more or less just a strategic piece to them. The attack on OV was the third time in less than a year that they'd shown an utter disregard for our wishes and for our own agenda despite the reverse absolutely not being true. The attack on OV, and the manner in which it was launched, was just the final straw.
[/quote]

Your post contains two lies, but you already knew that.

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1326760081' post='2901189']
Care to point them out for those of us too drunk on Crymson's coolaid to tie our shoelaces?
[/quote]
I can help here i think!
1. The permanent treaty that obliged MHA to defend NPO during that war along with all other ties possibly dragging them into the losing side were suspended (read: nah nah nah, i cant hear you). Probably one of the most absurd acts of base cowardice hitherto witnessed, but i guess you can't blame the karma alliances for not taking them to the cleaners for it, given that the effective remaining ties linked them to some significant karma alliances.

2. The treaty was cancelled through the karma terms.

We followed the defensive part actually, against any bandwagoners. Our treaty obligations were tipped completely to the Karma side and our ROK MDP was clearly activated. Still, me saying that won't prevent certain people from carrying on about it like it was only yesterday.

The second was that MHA didn't cancel the treaty, it was part of NPO's surrender terms. If the formerly Karma alliances have such a problem with that treaty being cancelled, they shouldn't have made NPO do it.

I'm not following the thread very well but I'm not sure what this has to do with IRON becoming the #1 alliance.