The dawn of the Iron Age

Aeros

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1326061468' post='2895897']
It's still sad to see you think like that, I would imagined a little bit time of would set you straight.

1) The problems we have with you and Then-Umbrella was never about military support
2) Umbrella already told those hitting OUR allies that you wouldn't intervene if they attacked which made them actually attack. I'm sure not saying anything would have deterred it.
3) Umbrella already sat out before a shot was fired.
4) You never brokered a deal, that was all on Mike who spent literally nights on end solving this.
5) MHA never attacked anyone on the NEW AA IIRC.
6) FARK was never generous. We never asked them to be easy on those few that joined NEW, they released them without much hassle because they would take a too big hit. It's obvious now why.
[/quote]

You didn't know about what we were doing since you weren't in the channels we were in. Like I told Impero, we would have gone in if a PB vote was taken and came in favor of defending NEW.

MHA hitting and absorbing PC was a possible solution that we arrived at and got agreed to by MHA. I can get logs, but I'd have to recover the documents of the Old Nausea.

The intentions were always good and we wouldn't have gone to such lengths if the rhetoric from you and others hadn't been so heated. You attributed that to stress. I can't think of a single major bloc that has really acted differently when placed in a similar situation.

edit: I always have said my biggest $%&@up in that was not posting a protection notice, but I didn't think NEW would actually do it.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1326061705' post='2895899']
Someone clearly has all the facts.
[/quote]

I can only imagine what little had to be said for you and your ilk to begin their IC slander and disgusting OOC attacks on someone they perceive as a threat and not too long ago worshiped as much as your beloved Archon.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326063185' post='2895917']
I can only imagine what little had to be said for you and your ilk to begin their IC slander and disgusting OOC attacks on someone they perceive as a threat and not too long ago worshiped as much as your beloved Archon.
[/quote]
How is an anglophone base member of FOK any threat to anyone? I also challenge you to find anyone in MK who ever considered Roquentin anywhere near Archon's equal.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326063185' post='2895917']
[/quote]I have known the nation leader Antoine Roquentin for well over four years and I am discussing his behaviour in this context. I still accept his achievements in internal affairs and CN knowledge (as much I mentioned) as much as I ever did, but he's talking nonsense.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326068192' post='2895993']
Meh, I don't really like that Myth is being made into a target.
[/quote]
He definitely didn't walk directly into it or anything without the firsthand knowledge of most of those discussing it currently.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1326068284' post='2895995']
He definitely didn't walk directly into it or anything..
[/quote]

Yes, but I'm the real villain here. Anyway, I've given the logs I talked about to some concerned parties. They can choose to ignore it or not.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326068192' post='2895993']
Meh, I don't really like that Myth is being made into a target.
[/quote]
it came totally out of the blue. myth is a gentle giant at heart really

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326068382' post='2896001']
Yes, but I'm the real villain here. Anyway, I've given the logs I talked about to some concerned parties. They can choose to ignore it or not.
[/quote]Are you confused? He said I have no idea about who you are, I said that's not exactly true. Crime of crimes!?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326068382' post='2896001']Anyway, I've given the logs I talked about to some concerned parties. They can choose to ignore it or not.[/quote]
now you've done it.. mKarma is an inevitability...

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326060985' post='2895889']
Here goes though: I always saw the NEW attacks on DF as retaliatory for DF in Karma. I was tacitly responsible for knowing and not trying to stop it or anything because it was in the best interests of the coalition. I could not support actions in defense of retaliation against that. Given NEW had suspended MADPs because a war was based on raiding(http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79126), I saw it as justifiable for PC and iFOK to do likewise given the parallels.

Originally, a large coalition was going to attack NEW and then a deal was brokered for it to be limited to DF's treaty partners at the time of their disbandment. Afterwards a large grouping of nations moved onto the NEW AA and caused a massive !@#$storm. I didn't really see it as fair to Fark/TPE/Int given they had been willing to take a bigger hit, so I was pretty upset over it. They were upset as well. So given I saw the likelihood of Fark calling allies into deal with the upper tier nations, we tried to broker a deal which would limit the impact of doing so since PC was insistent on attacking if there was retaliation against those nations. The deal was MHA hitting the iNEW and absorbing the PC counter. Eventually, Fark was more generous than expected and gave an easy peace to help iFOK/FOK out.
[/quote]

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1326061468' post='2895897']
It's still sad to see you think like that, I would imagined a little bit time of would set you straight.

1) The problems we have with you and Then-Umbrella was never about military support
2) Umbrella already told those hitting OUR allies that you wouldn't intervene if they attacked which made them actually attack. I'm sure not saying anything would have deterred it.
3) Umbrella already sat out before a shot was fired.
4) You never brokered a deal, that was all on Mike who spent literally nights on end solving this.
5) [b]MHA never attacked anyone on the NEW AA IIRC.[/b]
6) FARK was never generous. We never asked them to be easy on those few that joined NEW, they released them without much hassle because they would take a too big hit. It's obvious now why.

Oh we know. But GOONS never actually went behind our backs to cause us trouble. Umbrella did.
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326061767' post='2895900']
You didn't know about what we were doing since you weren't in the channels we were in. Like I told Impero, we would have gone in if a PB vote was taken and came in favor of defending NEW.

MHA hitting and absorbing PC was a possible solution that we arrived at and got agreed to by MHA. I can get logs, but I'd have to recover the documents of the Old Nausea.

The intentions were always good and we wouldn't have gone to such lengths if the rhetoric from you and others hadn't been so heated. You attributed that to stress. I can't think of a single major bloc that has really acted differently when placed in a similar situation.

edit: I always have said my biggest $%&@up in that was not posting a protection notice, but I didn't think NEW would actually do it.
[/quote]

Wow, how did our war became showed up in this thread? But it's good since i got clues about what happened back that day. For myself, NEW-DF war was really our retaliation against what DF did in the past. DF was the only personal matter within NEW membership, we even did that with full knowledge that we would be alone in the battlefield, we didn't expect our allies to help us, but there are true friends that helped us, and we really appreciated that. Now with no more DF, we will just building our nations for the sake of true friends that helped us in the past :)

Forgive me about this OOT, but since i rarely post in OWF, please bear with it :wub:

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1326068576' post='2896004']
Are you confused? He said I have no idea about who you are, I said that's not exactly true. Crime of crimes!?
[/quote]

Find where I said that. Here, I'll save you some time: You won't.

I said that I'm sure that what was said to bring on the despicable behavior of you and your ilk (which, in the way of debunking, you've done a marvelous job in the following pronouncements,) was not warranted.

But continue with your M.O., I'm liking the direction its heading already.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='K1L1On1Mr4' timestamp='1326071689' post='2896032']
Wow, how did our war became showed up in this thread? But it's good since i got clues about what happened back that day. For myself, NEW-DF war was really our retaliation against what DF did in the past. DF was the only personal matter within NEW membership, we even did that with full knowledge that we would be alone in the battlefield, we didn't expect our allies to help us, but there are true friends that helped us, and we really appreciated that. Now with no more DF, we will just building our nations for the sake of true friends that helped us in the past :)

Forgive me about this OOT, but since i rarely post in OWF, please bear with it :wub:
[/quote]

It came up because Arexes is irked that Roquentin is a member of FOK now. Not only because he is an anglophone (Making an alliance strictly one race/religion is actually illegal per the admin,) but because Arexes is a bully and he knows FOK post Cheeky will not be pushed around. From what I can tell, Roquentin probably called MK on their !@#$%^&* and now they're crying about it for everyone to see how quickly former friends become enemies for them. It's fun to watch because no matter the slander and malfeasance thrown Roq's way, he still ends up looking like the same classy leader he has always been, and...well, the others look like themselves.

I can only wonder as to the dynamic inside of Umbrella right now. Allies, now friend and former leader. What's next?

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326071979' post='2896035']
Find where I said that. Here, I'll save you some time: You won't.

I said that I'm sure that what was said to bring on the despicable behavior of you and your ilk (which, in the way of debunking, you've done a marvelous job in the following pronouncements,) was not warranted.

But continue with your M.O., I'm liking the direction its heading already.
[/quote]Wow, if only I could be so detached and ironic.....

You implied I don't know Roq any more than you do, I've known him for a long time and this is a stupid discussion. You can try and distract from that, wander down any rhetorical alleyway you like, but ultimately it comes down to moralising, and you're not even doing that well.

For what it's worth, the dynamic within Umbrella seems to be lovely, if a little embarrassed on a minor issue about which they needn't worry. I'm sure Umbrella could enlighten you more, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had better things to do.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1326068770' post='2896007']
now you've done it.. mKarma is an inevitability...
[/quote]

I was referring to the PC/iFOK stuff.

[quote]Wow, how did our war became showed up in this thread? But it's good since i got clues about what happened back that day. For myself, NEW-DF war was really our retaliation against what DF did in the past. DF was the only personal matter within NEW membership, we even did that with full knowledge that we would be alone in the battlefield, we didn't expect our allies to help us, but there are true friends that helped us, and we really appreciated that. Now with no more DF, we will just building our nations for the sake of true friends that helped us in the past :)

Forgive me about this OOT, but since i rarely post in OWF, please bear with it[/quote]

Yeah, it was more because I knew that's what it was about and couldn't support it consequently. No issues with NEW now, but it caused a lot of trouble for PB.

also as a note. I've never said I'm better than Archon. In fact, the belief I hold that his writing is better is why I asked him to write the DoW. I defended him and it to a great extent and said frequently, "You're taking advantage of the fact he's not around."

Edited by Roquentin

I'm not distracting from anything. I'd ask you to show where I implied that fictional story you've made for yourself but I'm certain I'd get the same response as when I asked where I said it. Throwing around words like moralism might make you think you seem intelligent and are brandishing another fairy-tale foe as an ironic satan, or something, but you just look silly.

You are right about one thing, this certainly is a stupid discussion.

Wake me up when you graduate from spitting on your former friends and taking the hate OOC.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326073732' post='2896047']
I'm not distracting from anything. I'd ask you to show where I implied that fictional story you've made for yourself but I'm certain I'd get the same response as when I asked where I said it. Throwing around words like moralism might make you think you seem intelligent and are brandishing another fairy-tale foe as an ironic satan, or something, but you just look silly.

You are right about one thing, this certainly is a stupid discussion.

Wake me up when you graduate from spitting on your former friends and taking the hate OOC.
[/quote]"I can only imagine what little had to be said for you and your ilk"

There. I suppose the issue is beneath you by now though, have a good day scaling the unbelievable heights your life has clearly reached.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1326073998' post='2896050']
Your current obsession with your past NpO and your reputation is unhealthy, Roq. Come off of it.
[/quote]

You probably aren't the best person to be lambasting someone for an obsession.

/cough NpO /cough

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1326074173' post='2896052']
"I can only imagine what little had to be said for you and your ilk"

There. I suppose the issue is beneath you by now though, have a good day scaling the unbelievable heights your life has clearly reached.
[/quote]

That is the sentence (nevermind out of context, because your point is still without standing,) where I supposively "said", and then later I "implied," that I know Roquentin better than you.

I really see where you're coming from.

...Bravo.

Edited by IYIyTh