War is Over

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1324671914' post='2885030']
You would be hard pressed to convince me GOONs aren't the same alliance they were four years ago.
[/quote]
I was waiting on that response, didn't take long, get over it. we are cool kids now.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be hard pressed to convince me GOONs aren't the same alliance they were four years ago.
[/quote]

No, our S has apparently gone lower-case. You are a very observant man.

[quote name='REGHAR73' timestamp='1324632619' post='2884740']
Personally I'm not anarchied and not ZI'd?
[/quote]
you're in my range but i am in nucelar anarchy and unable to declare on you. if i were able, i'd set you up for a nuke at 2359 hours on christmas eve just so you understand what a real war is.

you aren't in anarchy because you pick fights with people that are easy targets. i pick fights with people that are bigger than me and have nukes. i don't seek out fights with people i know i will beat handily- that was foisted on me by my alliance in it's war declarations. but you know, sometimes you just have to roll the little guy, right?

i changed you to DEFCON 4 since i can't declare open war on you. i'm saddened by the fact that i won't get to attack you since your alliance has taken peace, but hopefully the people that are attacking you will enjoy your diminished state of readiness.

moral of the story: don't pat yourself on the back when you really haven't accomplished anything at all.

as for the peace, i welcome itfor my old alliance. i've had a wonderful time fighting my old friend jrkee and he is by far the classiest opponent i have ever faced. it hurt me a little inside to have to attack a friend and former alliance-mate, but i got over that pretty quick. out of the nine people i've fought, he and one other person have actually given me a decent fight. i guess the only way this round of wars could have been any better is if i had gotten to fight AndrewHG as well.

good job, BFF and allies. not much else to add. we know what's going down. chax on my mom, probably. love you, dad.

[/quote]

Nice zinger!

Also you are bad at being smug.

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1324676412' post='2885071']
you're in my range but i am in nucelar anarchy and unable to declare on you. if i were able, i'd set you up for a nuke at 2359 hours on christmas eve just so you understand what a real war is.

you aren't in anarchy because you pick fights with people that are easy targets. i pick fights with people that are bigger than me and have nukes. i don't seek out fights with people i know i will beat handily- that was foisted on me by my alliance in it's war declarations. but you know, sometimes you just have to roll the little guy, right?

i changed you to DEFCON 4 since i can't declare open war on you. i'm saddened by the fact that i won't get to attack you since your alliance has taken peace, but hopefully the people that are attacking you will enjoy your diminished state of readiness.

moral of the story: don't pat yourself on the back when you really haven't accomplished anything at all.
[/quote]
That's a lot of bravado from a guy in a coalition of 66 alliances against 34. What're you, 5'3", 5'4"?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1324678765' post='2885090']
That's a lot of bravado from a guy in a coalition of 66 alliances against 34. What're you, 5'3", 5'4"?
[/quote]

Ah gee, Schatty, it certainly seemed like he was talking one-on-one, there...interesting diversion, though. You should have tried a wall of text in response, instead. Those are better at getting unnoticed.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1324663036' post='2884946']
By now, you probably should have figured already it's better for you when you shut up.
[/quote]
And who are you? And why is that. Now i'll be on the boards commenting more thanks for the encouragement.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1324670776' post='2885021']
you know, if you keep declaring victory like this, I'm going to start thinking your surrender wasn't very heartfelt.
[/quote]
Did you actually read what i was referring too? Or just seen what i wrote and figured you would put your two cents in.

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1324676412' post='2885071']

as for the peace, i welcome itfor my old alliance. i've had a wonderful time fighting my old friend jrkee and he is by far the classiest opponent i have ever faced. it hurt me a little inside to have to attack a friend and former alliance-mate, but i got over that pretty quick. out of the nine people i've fought, he and one other person have actually given me a decent fight. i guess the only way this round of wars could have been any better is if i had gotten to fight AndrewHG as well.

good job, BFF and allies. not much else to add. we know what's going down. chax on my mom, probably. love you, dad.
[/quote]

Parandiac .......... We were placing bets on who would face you..As you see Jrkee won :)
Good luck and Happy holidays.

0/Para

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1324670776' post='2885021']
you know, if you keep declaring victory like this, I'm going to start thinking your surrender wasn't very heartfelt.
[/quote]

[quote]thanks, At least one person gets it. Now if only you can school these haters on the concept of going into war and then leaving war. I'll try again[/quote]

Didn't declare victory there

[quote]We go in to defend an ally, we leave when the ally leaves.[/quote]

Not here either.

Nor here.

Oh look, he didn't declare victory in this sentence either.

Surprise, no declaration of victory

Still waiting for this declaration of victory :unsure:

[quote] We go in to defend an ally, we leave when the ally leaves. [/quote]

Still waiting...

[quote]Maybe saying it more then once, you will understand. If not i teach the uneducated at a discount rate, because of the holidays.[/quote]

Still no declaration of victory.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='REGHAR73' timestamp='1324632619' post='2884740']
Personally I'm not anarchied and not ZI'd - people we defended got peace - to us that's job done - depends on your view of winning- As you are from GPA I would expect peace being declared as being a victory - or do you not follow your own...
[/quote]

Victory claimed right there.

That's one hell of a warped victory. Took a pasting and left their allies behind, nice.

[quote name='Indian Bob' timestamp='1324675357' post='2885063']
Congrats on peace NAC. It's nice having friends that know the meaning of a treaty and follow through on it.
[/quote]

:rolleyes: Thanks .. This was a fun War .. short lived but still fun, considering some of the war chests I saw I figured it would go a little longer. In any case the nations I had the pleasure to dance with made it interesting a few times and seemed cool the little we chatted.

o/NA[s]D[/s]C

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1324684934' post='2885156']
Didn't declare victory there

Not here either.

Nor here.

Oh look, he didn't declare victory in this sentence either.

Surprise, no declaration of victory

Still waiting for this declaration of victory :unsure:

Still waiting...

Still no declaration of victory.
[/quote]

You have to stop doing that when i'm drinking, laughing so hard it came through my nose. :lol1: also i don't take into people trying to spin someones words around, i would be the first one to admit defeat, but an honorable defeat it was. Like i said in my earlier post, MOST people we were at war with were classy, and then you have the ones who were nuked and are bitter. That's the ones who do the most bad mouthing.

Great show by us and great wars all around, i had fun and can't wait to do it again. we did what we had to do and we were well prepared, even if we did take a beating.

It's sad that people are still hung up on MCXA and can't seem to give credit for anything we do. But it don't matter if it's 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 10 we will do whatever we can to help our friends. And i think these last 3 wars proves that, even if people don't want to admit it.

Happy Holidays everyone

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1324678765' post='2885090']
[/quote]it's me dressing someone down because they are claiming to have somehow come out of this on the positive side with the claim to define winning in a manner that is contrary to the actual definition.

MCXA lost 49% of their total NS. that isn't winning. just because one guy is having an easy go of things and hasn't been anarchied doesn't mean crap. if he wants to have a friendly little war outside the realm of our alliances, i would be happy to entertain him.

[quote name='Taliburn' timestamp='1324682885' post='2885128']
Parandiac .......... We were placing bets on who would face you..As you see Jrkee won :)
Good luck and Happy holidays.

0/Para
[/quote]i was actually waiting for two more of you guys to counter my attack on jrkee but it never came.

When your alliance surrenders, no matter the reason, it's best to just shut up and lay low. I get it, you came in to assist your allies and left when they left. That's honorable. You fought overwhelming odds. Again, honorable. But any honor or glory you may have earned by this war is being tarnished by idiotic low-level posters using words like "noob", refusing to understand simple statistics, and the like.

Yes, you were outnumbered. Yes, our victory was always assured. Yes, you left when your allies did. But that doesn't change the fact that you lost. It's really that simple. Stop trying to find justification to feel better about yourself and just move on, concentrate on rebuilding.

Para arguing with his adversaries does not reflect an overwhelming majority. He's one nation. Just because his arguments are less retarded doesn't mean you need to swing the "overwhelming coalition" card. In addition to this, the coalition wasn't formed to take down the mighty MCXA. It's called target spread, buddies. Many of our nations were in anarchy already and we didn't have enough low-level nations, hence calling in our good friends at GOONS. Also, they wanted some war, same with Umbrella. Admin knows NPL isn't giving them much.

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1324687483' post='2885205']

i was actually waiting for two more of you guys to counter my attack on jrkee but it never came.
[/quote]

I'm not going to lie, i was watching your NS and was hoping you got beat down just a little more. But it never happened :( Kinda sad, but knew i would have gotten beating down so kinda GLAD :) We did build our nations to according to your plan.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1324687858' post='2885215']
Many of our nations were in anarchy already and we didn't have enough low-level nations, hence calling in our good friends at GOONS. Also, they wanted some war, same with Umbrella. Admin knows NPL isn't giving them much.
[/quote]

We are doing our bit dont worry... unfortunetly 30:1 odds against you isn't very conducive to presenting your enemy with an even matched war. :P

Regardless the challenge has been an enjoyable and fun one, nothing like blooding the new recruits with a curbstomp to test their resolve. If anything I see it as a positive in the making heading into future wars.

[quote name='Taliburn' timestamp='1324687862' post='2885216']
I'm not going to lie, i was watching your NS and was hoping you got beat down just a little more. But it never happened :( Kinda sad, but knew i would have gotten beating down so kinda GLAD :) We did build our nations to according to your plan.
[/quote]
i purchased around 1800infra just to stay ahead of the curve. it's amazing what a healthy warchest can do for you. you're actually in my range right now, but i see you're enjoying some anarchy as well.

i'm glad some people over at MCXA are still building according to my plan. it is somewhat frightening that my legacy in MCXA is being used on me and my friends.

also, as chax stated, anything i post here is my personal opinion and does not reflect the greater hive mind that is BFF leadership. i am not a member of government, nor do i make statements on their behalf.

[quote name='obscurus' timestamp='1324628483' post='2884725']
And now it's all patting on your backs and telling each other you did good on emmm, how it's said? Being "diversely winning". <_<

o/ to your peace though - well done [s]MK[/s], Umb, etc etc
[/quote]

Not to knock on GLOF too, but the reason you're probably still at war is STA won't peace without Polar and the only nation that was a huge threat to AZTEC was Jyrinx's, so not too much different from this front.

Edited by Roquentin