Sandlot Declaration of War

Fort Pitt

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1323827467' post='2877121']
You are becoming harder and harder to follow bro. Haggling down a price is disgraceful? That is what is suppose to be done by someone in DT's position. OOC: Go watch Pawn Stars, youll see a lot of haggling down...[/quote]I would tell you to go read the damn thing, but you damn well know the process, you were in it. It is apparent from the logs that DT tried to play the witty merchant and failed, but you're too irrational to see it behind your hormones.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1323826577' post='2877112']
pretty sure you already "formally seceded" when you made an announcement about leaving CSN to fight your own battle. under the assumption that anybody gave a !@#$, might I add.

and you can footnote it all you want but you've already turned yourself into a rogue, and although I don't presume to know what DT's policy or actions will be, standard practice is that peace terms with CSN will not include you, so the fate of your nation is actually not in your hands at all :)
[/quote]Then I'll burn my nation fairgame. Better than the alternative of surrendering and conceding to what I know is wrong.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mesteut' timestamp='1323829452' post='2877143']
I would tell you to go read the damn thing, but you damn well know the process, you were in it. It is apparent from the logs that DT tried to play the witty merchant and failed, but you're too irrational to see it behind your hormones.[/QUOTE]
Really? Witty merchant? Based on what?
[QUOTE]Then I'll burn my nation fairgame. Better than the alternative of surrendering and conceding to what I know is wrong.
[/quote]
So what is it that's so wrong? Prominent members of your government have admitted that you had this coming. What are you martyring yourself for?

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1323830147' post='2877153']
Really? Witty merchant? Based on what?[/quote]Oh, right. No exposure to oriental culture. Or any culture. My mistake.

Witty merchant - merchant who tries to almost con people out of their money through a series of clever tricks and wordplay (except a witty merchant makes a good job). You have agreed to terms, withdrew terms, played around and haggled them to no end while going back and forth on your words. I'll say unsuccessful witty merchant, because a witty merchant actually sells their product to the one they're originally trying to sell. Failing at haggling by testing CSN's patience, you just decided to go through the PR route, on which people who already didn't like SF jumped.

[quote]So what is it that's so wrong? Prominent members of your government have admitted that you had this coming.[/quote]What is admitted is that war with DT was coming. Not that the current conditions are deserved.

[quote]What are you martyring yourself for?
[/quote]I am making sure it is heard enough that your self righteousness is !@#$%^&*.
This is a funny word from someone who "went Dark Taliban", by the way.

[quote name='Mesteut' timestamp='1323829452' post='2877143']
I would tell you to go read the damn thing, but you damn well know the process, you were in it. It is apparent from the logs that DT tried to play the witty merchant and failed, but you're too irrational to see it behind your hormones.

[/quote]

Dudes thats what the peace/rep process is. One alliance offers a higher number, one alliance offers a lower number and both hope they meet in the middle somewhere, if they dont something like the CSN/DT war happens and !@#$ gets out of hand quick.

[quote]Witty merchant - merchant who tries to almost con people out of their money [/quote]
So DT was trying to con CSN out of CSN's money, in this case tech?

It wasn't CSNs tech!

Dude in every arguement I see and get into I really try to see both sides and be somewhat rational...but I'm really not following your line of logic anymore. You have completely lost me, congrats

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1323832505' post='2877190']
Get in line.
[/quote]Plunging downwards anyways dear. Will try to catch if I can.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1323833159' post='2877202']
Dudes thats what the peace/rep process is. One alliance offers a higher number, one alliance offers a lower number and both hope they meet in the middle somewhere, if they dont something like the CSN/DT war happens and !@#$ gets out of hand quick.[/quote]Only those who fancy themselves witty merchants call for a meeting saying they're ready for agreement, and then demand completely different terms when the other side agrees to the demand.

I've seen too much of that haggling in my life by so many lowlifes that it sickens me now.

[quote]So DT was trying to con CSN out of CSN's money, in this case tech?

It wasn't CSNs tech![/quote]Con for an agreement. Don't play stupid, unless you aren't playing.

[quote]Dude in every arguement I see and get into I really try to see both sides and be somewhat rational...but I'm really not following your line of logic anymore. You have completely lost me, congrats
[/quote]Funny you claim to be rational when YOUR involvement in the war is completely irrational.
Hormones man. Things they can do to you.

Edited by Mesteut

[quote name='Mesteut' timestamp='1323830747' post='2877163']
Oh, right. No exposure to oriental culture. Or any culture. My mistake.

Witty merchant - merchant who tries to almost con people out of their money through a series of clever tricks and wordplay (except a witty merchant makes a good job). You have agreed to terms, withdrew terms, played around and haggled them to no end while going back and forth on your words. I'll say unsuccessful witty merchant, because a witty merchant actually sells their product to the one they're originally trying to sell. Failing at haggling by testing CSN's patience, you just decided to go through the PR route, on which people who already didn't like SF jumped.

What is admitted is that war with DT was coming. Not that the current conditions are deserved.

I am making sure it is heard enough that your self righteousness is !@#$%^&*.
[/quote]

Sorry but your use of Witty Merchant was terribly wrong.

[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1323776151' post='2876447']
Neither conclussion leaves you in any good light. The former means you are just a bully and someone with enough lack of life to invest months and months of his life in abusing newbies. The latter means that, also, you are working for us, since thanks to you we can know whose newbies have balls and whose don't.
[/quote]

On the contrary, its very rare Hizzy isnt in a good light. He's enjoying the ride, nothing wrong with that. You and I served together in Monos Archein a long time ago so im going to offer you up a piece of advice here (should have pages ago) you should move along and let the hero's thump their chest for awhile. You can counter until you are blue in the face here, CSN had a beat down coming. Take solace in the fact that these idiots had to dog pile you to do it, not one of them alone likely could have on a one on one. They know it too, it was a good attack well timed and the outcome was easy to predict. A slam dunk war by no means represents their abilities at all, anyone with half a brain cell watching can see it, so you loose pixels but you'll always have principal.

Best thing to do is unload your cash and nukes into them, then delete.

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='Mesteut' timestamp='1323830747' post='2877163']
Oh, right. No exposure to oriental culture. Or any culture. My mistake.

[b]What is admitted is that war with DT was coming. Not that the current conditions are deserved.
[/b]
I am making sure it is heard enough that your self righteousness is !@#$%^&*.
[/quote]

That would be because that prior conditions told you that war was coming...eventually. Why? Because you had already given CB when your shenanigans became apparent.

[quote name='Strykewolf' timestamp='1323842190' post='2877448']
That would be because that prior conditions told you that war was coming...eventually. Why? Because you had already given CB when your shenanigans became apparent.
[/quote]First sentence factually correct and obvious. The reasoning that follows is technically incorrect, as there would be a casus belli independent of the publicity it receives, so this CB would be given when the said "shenanigans" were done, and not when they became apparent.

Now, we know that a CB exists, but the points that are discussed are independent from this. Let us look over:

- Is the CB actually justified?
- Is this attack justified?
- Are the CB from other nations valid?
- Why is Sarm so irrational?

These stuff are beaten to death in this thread, although I'll gladly hammer my points in the minds of anyone who tries to bring up one of these questions again. Somewhat because I do not want to see the people I have stood with talked off for no reason, although also because this is rather amusing beside the war treat.

Such a poor effort for a counter-argument.

Oh well, back to relatively gentlemanly war from lowly crude politics I go.

[quote name='Mesteut' timestamp='1323845203' post='2877547']
- Is the CB actually justified?
- Is this attack justified?
- Are the CB from other nations valid?
[/quote]
Would you prefer if I said:
-Yes
-Yes
-Yes

Or should I ask SoM, Goose, KOwens or other rational members of CsN?
I understand that you're upset that you're being triple teamed and that two of the alliances you're fighting were treatied to you around the last war... but that's what happens when your alliance acts the way it did. People don't like it.

In this thread I see people trying harder to defend an alliance verbally than through action. Not even people, one guy! One guy who doesn't understand why an alliance would try to lower an amount of reps and instead refers to his opponent as a "Witty Merchant." In my opinion, if DT tried to lower the reps they had to pay back and were given what they were given, I'd hate to have seen what you wanted before that!

Edited by gowfanatic

Everyone in CSN is avoiding questions about their knowledge of s'mores and The Babe.

I don't think they know what they/he are/is...

Let's first deal with the bigger issue: THE BABE.

HE'S THE GREAT BAAAAMM-BIIII-NOOOOOOOO!

Does that help, or do you still think it's some lady that likes to sign baseballs?

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1323868823' post='2877723']
Everyone in CSN is avoiding questions about their knowledge of s'mores and The Babe.

I don't think they know what they/he are/is...

Let's first deal with the bigger issue: THE BABE.

HE'S THE GREAT BAAAAMM-BIIII-NOOOOOOOO!

Does that help, or do you still think it's some lady that likes to sign baseballs?
[/quote]
You keep telling me that. Who is she?

How amusing that CSN is bawwing in this thread.

Back then CSN is insisting that DT had to pay reps, something about "lessons" for DT. I believe it is time for CSN to learn some lessons of their own.

Here's a link to history : http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98618