Royal Declaration from Sparta

Lukapaka

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1323234479' post='2866860']

2- To other people that keep the stupid bull crap about we being bigger than them, it was the same we heard when we hit exodus lastvwar

The peanut gallery went: "you should pick somebody at your size" !!!

Them we hit Aztec, who was bigger than us
the Peanut gallery went: "you are stupid, suicidal, youbwill be crushed"
[/quote]
You seem to have trouble finding a middleground.

Also, to be fair, AZTEC did a number on you guys. I would say the second two comments would have been fair without the intervention of others.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1323234778' post='2866873']
Liquid Mercury, do you actually think TOP would declare an aggressive war with a flimsy CB if they didn't think they had overwhelming majority support of the community? No offense dude, but seriously? I could go on and assault TOP's lack of balls for plotting said curbstomp, but I won't do that, because I do honestly think TOP is a good alliance with plenty of balls, but I can't deny the fact (and I can't see why you would either) that it is just plain stupid, to declare an aggressive war, with a silly CB, without having strawpolled for overwhelming support of the masses.

You of all people should know, Q which was the largest bloc in the game at the time, also got curbstomped after they had pushed their luck too far, so I really don't see where you are going with that argument. It doesn't really matter either. The war will play itself out and meh.
[/quote]

Yeah, Sparta managed to escape the curb stomp by turning it's tail. I don't think you dudes should be trying to bring up the need for "overwhelming majority support" to criticize another alliance. That's kinda your MO.

Liquid Mercury, do you actually think TOP would declare an aggressive war with a flimsy CB if they didn't think they had overwhelming majority support of the community? No offense dude, but seriously? I could go on and assault TOP's lack of balls for plotting said curbstomp, but I won't do that, because I do honestly think TOP is a good alliance with plenty of balls, but I can't deny the fact (and I can't see why you would either) that it is just plain stupid, to declare an aggressive war, with a silly CB, without having strawpolled for overwhelming support of the masses.
[/quote]

Is there any real estate left under the rocks you have been living under?

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1323235752' post='2866902']
Yeah, Sparta managed to escape the curb stomp by turning it's tail. I don't think you dudes should be trying to bring up the need for "overwhelming majority support" to criticize another alliance. That's kinda your MO.
[/quote]
Dilber, I didn't criticize any alliance. You know Q treated us like !@#$, but enjoy that line while you can bud, we aren't going anywhere.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1323235932' post='2866908']
Dilber, I didn't criticize any alliance. You know Q treated us like !@#$, but enjoy that line while you can bud, we aren't going anywhere.
[/quote]

buahahahahahaha. We treated you like !@#$ after everyone knew you were spying on us and going to the other side. Your king admitted it later ;)

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1323235658' post='2866898']
I'm not that great with history, so maybe you are talking about something I am forgetting, but in Bipolar you guys[i] thought [/i]you had support of the community, but you didn't. I can't discredit you for what you did, but I can't give you the credit you imply that you deserve either.
[/quote]

Ummm what? No we didn't. We thought it was our best chance at winning a war with the odds against us. You see, that's the difference between TOP and Sparta. When we saw the cards were stacked against us our first thought wasn't, "man how can we avoid damage and hope for our situation to improve?" Instead we went directly after the bloc we disliked and blew up as much !@#$ as possible. We may have lost, but at least no one will ever doubt that we put forward our best effort. I guess that's why people fear fighting TOP and treat fighting Sparta as a glorified tech raid.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1323236192' post='2866922']
Ummm what? No we didn't. We thought it was our best chance at winning a war with the odds against us. You see, that's the difference between TOP and Sparta. When we saw the cards were stacked against us our first thought wasn't, "man how can we avoid damage and hope for our situation to improve?" Instead we went directly after the bloc we disliked and blew up as much !@#$ as possible. We may have lost, but at least no one will ever doubt that we put forward our best effort. I guess that's why people fear fighting TOP and treat fighting Sparta as a glorified tech raid.
[/quote]
And so I return to how will pissing off our allies improve the situation?

Liquid Mercury, do you actually think TOP would declare an aggressive war with a flimsy CB if they didn't think they had overwhelming majority support of the community? No offense dude, but seriously? I could go on and assault TOP's lack of balls for plotting said curbstomp, but I won't do that, because I do honestly think TOP is a good alliance with plenty of balls, but I can't deny the fact (and I can't see why you would either) that it is just plain stupid, to declare an aggressive war, with a silly CB, without having strawpolled for overwhelming support of the masses.[/quote]

We never saw it as a flimsy CB. As for having a lot of support---politics are a central aspect of the Cyberverse, aren't they? Since when is it considered "weak" to gather support before a war such that one will have a good chance of winning it? It's a very basic mode of operation.

As for our willingness to declare a war without overwhelming support, look to our attack during the Bipolar War. It was one of the game's all-time greatest wartime gambles. I must agree with others on this: you have been living under a rock.

[quote]
You of all people should know, Q which was the largest bloc in the game at the time, also got curbstomped after they had pushed their luck too far, so I really don't see where you are going with that argument. It doesn't really matter either. The war will play itself out and meh.
[/quote]
Q did not get "curbstomped." It withered via departures. These departures occurred because the bloc no longer had purpose after the WotC. By the time Karma arrived, Q was no longer the undisputed superpower in the game.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1323233087' post='2866763']
The war worked out the way you planned it. You wanted a curbstomp, and you got it. What do you want us to do? You're shooting fish in a barrel brah. We know you've got people lined up to hit us. Don't try and play us a fool.
[/quote]
Mathematically, we hold something close to a 1.6 to 1 advantage. That is without factoring the fact that a lot of that is wasted on some fronts.

We planned it to make it work. It is working. This is far from a curbstomp, however. If your leadership is telling you that to save their own face, they are lying to you.

Also, your comment on TOP not attacking without strong community support is golden.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

Hey crymson o/ GL in the war

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1323236603' post='2866936']
We never saw it as a flimsy CB. As for having a lot of support---politics are a central aspect of the Cyberverse, aren't they? Since when is it considered "weak" to gather support before a war such that one will have a good chance of winning it? It's a very basic mode of operation. [/quote]
Yes, you are 100% correct. I can't, won't, and didn't deny any of that, but it still sucks for us lol :(

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1323236603' post='2866936']
Q did not get "curbstomped." It withered via departures. These departures occurred because the bloc no longer had purpose after the WotC. By the time Karma arrived, Q was no longer the undisputed superpower in the game.
[/quote]
MMmmMMmmMMmMMMmMm.....those were certainly different times, I guess I won't argue that statement.

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1323236075' post='2866916']
buahahahahahaha. We treated you like !@#$ after everyone knew you were spying on us and going to the other side. Your king admitted it later ;)
[/quote]
Two small things:

He was our Ephor (Minister) of Foreign Affairs at the time.
He was speaking figuratively.

It really gets me every time someone makes that claim.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1323233786' post='2866825']
.... this is the first war since XX was signed.. such a long standing XX tradition :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Eh. To just say 'sparta' is inaccurate, since every alliance in your bloc work on the same pattern. 'The alliances that consitute XX' is a little wordy for the statement.
So i'm happy with 'It's interesting to see XX's traditional 'pick the weakest opponent' still in swing during a direct conflict. You'd think they'd at least try and do something other than watch the oA's sweep over them.' It's pretty straightforward i think.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1323240134' post='2867090']
Eh. To just say 'sparta' is inaccurate, since every alliance in your bloc work on the same pattern. 'The alliances that consitute XX' is a little wordy for the statement.
So i'm happy with 'It's interesting to see XX's traditional 'pick the weakest opponent' still in swing during a direct conflict. You'd think they'd at least try and do something other than watch the oA's sweep over them.' It's pretty straightforward i think.
[/quote]

Or you could just own up to the fact that you aren't as clever as you think you are.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1323233714' post='2866823']

There are ways to circle reserve nations for a long nuclear war, but this is not one of them. Seriously, we went through 4 months of this earlier this year.
[/quote]

Yes, courtesy of your coalition. Were do you get off criticizing them?

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1323240134' post='2867090']
[/quote]
Generally traditions have to be based in consistency.

I mean I get it, you don't like us, or something, and you can't give any ground on your opinion (it's only natural) but glazing over any of the counter-examples and latching on to the ones that support your preconceptions is just silly .

[ooc]Also, this is a primarily text-based game and you are afraid of coming off as wordy? :P[/ooc]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1323240233' post='2867092']
Or you could just own up to the fact that you aren't as clever as you think you are.
[/quote]
Well that certainly hasn't been proved. But hey, if i can muster the faculty to leap off the sinking ship and go over to the other side i will be as smart as you i guess. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1323240690' post='2867104']
Generally traditions have to be based in consistency.

I mean I get it, you don't like us, or something, and you can't give any ground on your opinion (it's only natural) but glazing over any of the counter-examples and latching on to the ones that support your preconceptions is just silly .

[ooc]Also, this is a primarily text-based game and you are afraid of coming off as wordy? :P[/ooc]
[/quote]
I think you're pre-dismissing any examples i have there...
But to be frank, the last conflict i can think of wherein an XX alliance attacking an even remotely dangerous target is Karma - Fark vs IRON or Sparta vs NPO. In both of those scenarios you were joined by significant additional support, and from what i recall Rok and VE really did put in the lions share on NPO.
I would be more than happy to revise my opinion, however. Do have any examples of an engagement during which any of you fought for an extended period and against a target you were either on par with or had declared upon with the presumption that it would be a brutal campaign?

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1323240831' post='2867106']
Well that certainly hasn't been proved. But hey, if i can muster the faculty to leap off the sinking ship and go over to the other side i will be as smart as you i guess. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

You got me.