Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1319826967' post='2833768']
There are several reasons to join a war without the intention of victory. Political posturing, honoring an alliance regardless of the odds (a fleeting term known as honor), and in this case to make good on previous promises; are among them. I don't think you can sell for one second that IAA tried to win this war. They had 10 offensive wars for Admin's sake. NsO, I'll tip my hat to, however. But, as a collective, they in no way fought to win this war, they simply fought to not lose.
[/quote]

[ooc] And yet, the Vietnam War was lost because the Viet Cong fought to merely stay in the game. When the Americans packed up and went home, the only ones still standing were the Viet Cong [/ooc]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pearl' timestamp='1319829505' post='2833811']
Bruh, I've had this arguement, and no offense, it just exhibits ignorance. It shows that you don't know us, and hence ignorance. Getting into it, just becomes tl;dr.

I like RoK too, but why did you ally to NSO? :P You know what, *takes deep breath*. W/e. I'm cool with it. I am. I just like giving those guys a hard time.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As an alliance that has actually known hard times, rest assured, NSO does not consider you to be a "hard time." Most of us think of you and your ilk as being little more than a poor platoon of clowns.[/color]

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1319829749' post='2833817']
Admitting deafeat =/= white peace.
[/quote]

indeed. As previously stated in the thread, we don't want another GW1 scenario where NPO tried to e-lawyer it into a victory for them.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1319828897' post='2833803']
Well i hate to rain on your parade, but it's not going to last 6 months. It's not going to last another month. I'm sure agreements will be reached etc etc. But if you seriously demand NSO's surrender, you won't get it. White Peace or bust.
[/quote]

So you are saying that if Legion does not grant NSO white peace then ROK will roll us?

Now I am in no way part of Legion Gov. but personally I would rather face a ROK roll of us then give NSO white peace.

All NSO has to is to surrender, No reps, no apology or other 'funny stuff' and given all that is very reasonable terms.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1319828897' post='2833803']
Well i hate to rain on your parade, but it's not going to last 6 months. It's not going to last another month. I'm sure agreements will be reached etc etc. But if you seriously demand NSO's surrender, you won't get it. White Peace or bust.
[/quote]
Tbh, I don't think it matters at this point. When people look back on this war, white peace or surrender, they will remember Legion as the victors. Granted if I was Legion, I'd want to make them admit it either way.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1319830950' post='2833834']
Tbh, I don't think it matters at this point. When people look back on this war, white peace or surrender, they will remember Legion as the victors. Granted if I was Legion, I'd want to make them admit it either way.
[/quote]

I agree with this. Admit it or not, everyone knows NSO lost this war.

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1319830765' post='2833833']
All NSO has to is to surrender, No reps, no apology or other 'funny stuff' and given all that is very reasonable terms.
[/quote]

And they gotta mow my lawn.

I think a few things can be said for IAA here. Yes, they were in a rough patch when this all broke out. They still felt obligated to help NsO as best they could regardless of their circumstance. they could have easily said sorry, we're not in any real shape to put in as good an effort as is the norm. they risked a lot by joining the war. Had legion actually countered on IAA nations instead of ignoring them IAA could have sustained a lot of damage. They put themselves at risk for their friends and even if their show in this fight was not perfect I think going to bat for a pal under less than perfect conditions shows at the very least loyalty and respect. I can understand how NSO and Tetris can be a little upset that things didn't go better but hey IAA, BTA, and NsO never asked for this fight.

A side note of personal reflection:

As others mentioned, some props to NsO who did well for their size and came in with a great blitz.

Regardless of BTA's performance, they should get credit for putting themselves on the line.

Both of these alliances, who came to honor their treaties despite facing a larger foe equipped with a solid CB, should hold their heads high. Fortunately for us, justice is on our side, so I will simply give a respectful nod to these combatants and hope they find themselves in a war more deserving of their presence in the future.

As for IAA, their entrance into the war was... unfortunate. But I wish them good luck in getting their internal situation sorted out.

Tetris, NSO, let's wrap this up and move on. You prodded the wrong sleeping eagle this time, but now that we've tested each others mettle and the result is that we have the advantage, it's up you to conclude this war with some of your dignity intact. Don't throw away your nations just to prove how stubborn you are. Good luck.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1319828674' post='2833798']
Second, NSO has spent the last 6 months tearing into us at every turn. The collective rage and anger Legion possesses for NSO takes us beyond mere 'disgust'. In my opinion, this is a grudge match. It's not over until one of us dies. It's not going to be us, and they claim it's not going to be them. So I guess for the next 6 months or a year we'll be throwing CMs, Nukes, air strikes, navies, and ground attacks at each other. Eventually one side will simply be deleted out of existance.
[/quote]

Or you could use this opportunity to bond over beating each other up, and come out of it in a few months with a better relationship. It's been done before.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1319831541' post='2833848']
And why should two spying alliances get white peace? Because one is your ally? Grow up.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]First, neither NSO nor Tetris spied on Legion. Nothing has been proved. It is all fantasy by Legion. Secondly, Legion is in no position to demand anything. This war is not being won by Legion, regardless of how they might spin it.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319831801' post='2833855']
[color="#0000FF"]First, neither NSO nor Tetris spied on Legion. Nothing has been proved. It is all fantasy by Legion. Secondly, Legion is in no position to demand anything. This war is not being won by Legion, regardless of how they might spin it.[/color]
[/quote]

Now [i]that's[/i] fantasy. Look at the stats, and look at the proof. Everybody knows the truth, but some just cannot admit to it.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319831394' post='2833843']
[color="#0000FF"]This war is far from over.[/color]
[/quote]

Oh, it's over, at least as far as NSO winning it goes. Sure, you could bring in an ally this late in the game, and win the battle... but the fact that you have, indeed, lost to Legion after fighting them for nearly a month isn't going to just go away.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1319832008' post='2833858']
Oh, it's over, at least as far as NSO winning it goes. Sure, you could bring in an ally this late in the game, and win the battle... but the fact that you have, indeed, lost to Legion after fighting them for nearly a month isn't going to just go away.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As a smaller alliance NSO always knew the battle against Legion would be a long, uphill one. Yes, we have taken damage, but that does not mean we cannot achieve victory. The war is still very winnable.[/color]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1319832215' post='2833861']
LOL, RV, I miss you.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I would like for you to prove that NSO or Tetris has every committed acts of espionage against Legion. Until definitive proof comes out Legion has nothing but assumptions, and we all know what they say about people who make assumptions.[/color]

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1319832008' post='2833858']
[/quote]
Another reason why IAA and co did more harm than good for NSO and Tetris. Without the useless NS, it would have been easier for Sith to propagate that they were fighting with a significant disadvantage from the get go and got away with no terms after poking Legion for months. Now the msg is all muddled up.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1319832619' post='2833874']
If the war is winnable why are NSO looking for peace? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Another fantasy. But then again if you had any grounding in reality you would realize that NSO has no intention of bringing this to an end anytime soon.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319832535' post='2833872']
[color="#0000FF"]As a smaller alliance NSO always knew the battle against Legion would be a long, uphill one. Yes, we have taken damage, but that does not mean we cannot achieve victory. The war is still very winnable.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]I would like for you to prove that NSO or Tetris has every committed acts of espionage against Legion. Until definitive proof comes out Legion has nothing but assumptions, and we all know what they say about people who make assumptions.[/color]
[/quote]
You should probably rethink that statement, since it implies that Legion made an ass out of you.