Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1319813404' post='2833596']
Nice work Legion. You finished off the side dishes, now remember to clean your plate.

edit: also the other 3 alliances should be thoroughly embarrassed by their performances.
[/quote]

I believe that the other side still has something on their plate as well

[img]http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/eating%20crow.jpg[/img]

Congrats to both sides on an entertaining, painful, and revealing war.

now dust yourselves off and go have a beer together.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pearl' timestamp='1319820571' post='2833703']
Tbh, I couldn't give a !@#$ less. All I see, is NSO e-lawyering their way out of a defeat like NPO did back in the day with GW1, until Karma made they admit defeat in Karma.

I know NSO. I know how this game works. I know they are going to try and pull some political garbage to spin it like some kind of victory. The bottom line is they are losing, and they deserve to lose for supporting spying. Don't try and elawyer out of it. It was an unjust cause, hence why the alliances didnt want to fight to begin with. If those alliances didn't come in, NSO would be !@#$%*ing and bawing about how they are losing because they didnt get any support from their allies.

So, tl;dr, No, I don't give a $%&@. Don't blame your allies who came into to help support you when you spied.
[/quote]
You post really moronic things.

You "know" the NSO? I have no idea who you are, Mr. Generic-NSO-is-Bad Poster #143, so I'm pretty sure you don't "know" us half as well as you think you do. Every analysis you make of our alliance is rooted in superficial stereotyping, hysteria, and stale propaganda.

Your analysis of the war is just obviously nonsense. No NSO allies have even joined the fight, at least not yet. We have endured nearly four full rounds bearing the brunt of a much larger opponent's attacks and there still isn't any decisive edge. I realize there are plenty of insecure children who just can't abide the idea of an alliance that isn't shy about telling the truth (Sparta is worthless), and that your lack of self-esteem makes it difficult for you to assess any situation we are involved in with any honesty or objectivity, and I am sorry for your handicap, but really maybe you should just stay quiet rather than spouting off constant nonsense.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319820358' post='2833699']
Why?

Did they join this fight to protect NSO ?, I thought everyone joined to protect Tetris.

NsO joined to support Tetris
IAA joined to support NsO
BTA joined to support NsO

So tell me why should they say sorry to NSO? they did not join this war for NSO.
[/quote]

It doesn't matter who they joined the war for, that's irrelevant. The fact is they hit Legion, and sucked while doing it. I was promised (along with dilber) by IAA/BTA that they were ready and willing to fight. It turns out to be neither. When you hit someone together it's sort of a coalition. This one was a rag-tag one, but the point is still there. They all have Tetris's best interests in mind, and IAA/BTA did not live up to it.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1319821179' post='2833713']
You post really moronic things.

You "know" the NSO? I have no idea who you are, Mr. Generic-NSO-is-Bad Poster #143, so I'm pretty sure you don't "know" us half as well as you think you do. Every analysis you make of our alliance is rooted in superficial stereotyping, hysteria, and stale propaganda.

Your analysis of the war is just obviously nonsense. [b]No NSO allies have even joined the fight, [color="#FF0000"]at least not yet[/color].[/b] We have endured nearly four full rounds bearing the brunt of a much larger opponent's attacks and there still isn't any decisive edge. I realize there are plenty of insecure children who just can't abide the idea of an alliance that isn't shy about telling the truth (Sparta is worthless), and that your lack of self-esteem makes it difficult for you to assess any situation we are involved in with any honesty or objectivity, and I am sorry for your handicap, but really maybe you should just stay quiet rather than spouting off constant nonsense.
[/quote]

I am sure even NSO will understand by calling in allies this late in the war you are admitting defeat to the world, the only reason you will call in your other allies now is because you have bitten off more then you can chew and your losing.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319821570' post='2833716']
I am sure even NSO will understand by calling in allies this late in the war you are admitting defeat to the world, the only reason you will call in your other allies now is because you have bitten off more then you can chew and your losing.
[/quote]
We didn't "bite off" anything.

And we can continue to exchange bombs with Legion indefinitely. The question is quickly becoming: Why?

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1319821534' post='2833715']
It doesn't matter who they joined the war for, that's irrelevant. The fact is they hit Legion, and sucked while doing it. I was promised (along with dilber) by IAA/BTA that they were ready and willing to fight. It turns out to be neither. When you hit someone together it's sort of a coalition. This one was a rag-tag one, but the point is still there. They all have Tetris's best interests in mind, and IAA/BTA did not live up to it.
[/quote]

There you go again, IAA and BTA join this war in support of NsO it does not matter if you all joined together (you did not as BTA and IAA joined two days after the war had started), Until NsO calls IAA and BTA out publicly or privately on the support IAA and BTA had given NsO, they have nothing to be sorry for.

Please keep in mind, NO ONE has joined this war in support of NSO, so why is NSO unhappy with the support given as none of the support that was bought in had anything to do with NSO, so take your !@#$%*ing and crying about IAA and BTA to NSO forums, I am sure you will fit right in.

Well done to NsO, IAA and BTA for staying in a war that turned out to be nothing more then NSO trying to act hard.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319822027' post='2833722']
Read their DoW it clearly states why they joined the war.
[/quote]
I'm not sure why you're so gung ho about this since I was actually making a case for why BTA's lackluster deployment was at least understandable, but okay.

Congrats on your victory vs. some of the alliances, Legion.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319819094' post='2833672']
That said, I do get a small laugh from you people cheering on Legion (which you all despise, whether you have the courage to admit it or not), exalting it as a competent and respectable alliance (which you all know isn't true, whether you have the courage to admit it or not)[/quote]

Respectfully, you're wrong. There are plenty of nation leaders here who only "know" anything about Legion's history because of what they've been told by their elders or close friends, including myself and I'm hardly a "noob" at 1221 days old. I respect the opinions of my elders and friends, but by Admin, you're not Admin. About 80% of the time from what I've seen of you, Rebel Virginia, we agree. But don't project your personal experience onto the rest of us. We are capable of forming our own opinions.

In terms of NSO, one of my oldest friends is in NSO, and although he doesn't need it as he's an excellent military man, I wish him success in this war. Don't assume everything is about NSO.

Pull back and take a look at this war (and everything leading up to it) from the perspective of someone who wasn't around until 2009 ish plus. I think it would help strategically when dealing with public relations.

Edited by White Chocolate

Glad to see Legion is making every effort to end this war professionally. Considering how opposed the remaining are to merely agreeing to an admission of defeat this could certainly drag on forever, but that is their right.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319819461' post='2833681']
[color="#0000ff"]You're right. What was I even thinking? Of course the world needs more alliances like MHA, or even Lururin's beloved MHA, Jr.

And on that note I'd also rather complain about how boring things are than possibly try to enjoy myself. Why, that would just be inconceivable.[/color]
[/quote]

Embrace the Froodiness, Sith. You know you want to.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1319819973' post='2833687']
You do know all of NSO has been publicly shaming the efforts of these three alliances since the onset, right? Seriously, take the two seconds to refresh your memory and look around and stop being so mind-numbingly obtuse. If it isn't enough evidence to see they openly have pointed out the lack of effort these alliances put up, then at least look at other commentary throughout this conflict (typically from "Legion's side"), which has almost entirely revolved around "Tetris and NSO vs The Legion."
[/quote]

That's not how this works. You don't goad an alliance into attacking you and then blame your allies (or coalition, in this case!) that you have decided to treaty for[i] [/i]your[i] [/i]losing war effort.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319821973' post='2833720']
There you go again, IAA and BTA join this war in support of NsO it does not matter if you all joined together (you did not as BTA and IAA joined two days after the war had started), Until NsO calls IAA and BTA out publicly or privately on the support IAA and BTA had given NsO, they have nothing to be sorry for.

Please keep in mind, NO ONE has joined this war in support of NSO, so why is NSO unhappy with the support given as none of the support that was bought in had anything to do with NSO, so take your !@#$%*ing and crying about IAA and BTA to NSO forums, I am sure you will fit right in.

Well done to NsO, IAA and BTA for staying in a war that turned out to be nothing more then NSO trying to act hard.
[/quote]

You're a moron. The fact that you are supporting IAA/BTA should make them feel bad.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1319820746' post='2833706']
You know, I really do have to agree with RV here and ask this one simple question: where in the hell did all of this ire for NSO come from for you guys, Sparta?
[/quote]

Clearly you don't know of NSO-Sparta relations, less NSO- The entire world relations.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1319821705' post='2833718']

And we can continue to exchange bombs with Legion indefinitely. The question is quickly becoming: Why?
[/quote]
Because Legion isn't losing like you expected?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319820121' post='2833691']
[color="#0000FF"]Idiot #2 makes a stupid comment, and right on cue Spartan #5 arrives to high five him. You know I am still trying to figure out what exactly NSO has done to Sparta? Not even GOD or CSN expresses the sheer amount of vitriol at us that you do, and Lord knows they have every reason to. What has NSO done? Besides tell you that your alliance is terrible, that is. Oh, the Truth, she stings doesn't she?[/color]
[/quote]
I know some spartans have said this a few times, including myself. We don't hate you as much as you think we hate you. [ooc]this is an RP game remember?[/ooc] (we're a pretty chill alliance. We have to hate someone, and you make it easy for us) I'll also have you know, I am spartan #4678, get it right.

But to answer you question, everytime NSO gets in the news, I facepalm on the inside. No other alliance makes me facepalm quite so much, and you [i]never [/i]fail me. I got blueballs just like the rest of you. Instead of war mongering in game and trying to bait legion/SF into attacking me/us, I'm verbally taking it out on your crappy alliance. Not to mention, I swear you tell your guys to build their nations solely out of bridges. I truly appreciate that, because there is plenty of room for me to instruct all of my citizens to go and find shelter under said bridges.They can't live in rocketland, because it's is a pretty dangerous place to live, see, munitions testing zone, explosions 'n !@#$. Not good, so I thank you.

I have to admit though, We have a pretty small OWF presence, so I do enjoy seeing NSO'ers: SPARAT Y U RAGE? Y HYP MAD? PEARL, Y U DO DAT? For an alliance that tries to portray themselves as infallible, admin, relax :P

Edited by Pearl

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1319821705' post='2833718']

[/quote]

The Why? You and Tetris decided it would be good fun to berate Legion constantly for a period of a few months.
Why it isn't ending? Because you won't simply admit you have been bested. If people are telling the truth the remaining alliances have only needed to agree to an admission of defeat in order for this to end. A war these hostile parties started, and are losing.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0K46C82v9o"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K0K46C82v9o[/url]

They have responded when Tetris crossed the line and decided to one up you from mocking Legion to spying on them, in hopes of goading them into declaring war.
A wise woman once said: Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319820121' post='2833691']
[color="#0000FF"]What has NSO done? Besides tell you that your alliance is terrible, that is. Oh, the Truth, she stings doesn't she?[/color][/quote]

I am guessing that is part of the reason some Spartans hates your alliance.

Where's the reps at Legion!?!? :P

Congrats on the white peace to everyone involved. And please complain some more Rebel Virginia. I mean, at least give credit to NsO, BTA, and IAA for taking some damage that would have inevitably gone towards your alliance if they hadn't have jumped in. Meatshields, regardless of how effective they are, still work to absorb some punches.

You post really moronic things.[/quote]
u mad too I see.

You "know" the NSO? I have no idea who you are, Mr. Generic-NSO-is-Bad Poster #143, so I'm pretty sure you don't "know" us half as well as you think you do. Every analysis you make of our alliance is rooted in superficial stereotyping, hysteria, and stale propaganda. [/quote]
Yes, I do hold incredibly high standards for alliances, for all the people out here that call sparta a !@#$ alliance (see your post below), I expect those alliances to conduct themselves with better behavior. I think that is a logical assumption to make right? If you don't conduct yourself in a more proper manner, then that would make you hypocritical right? You guys look unusually bad right now, so I'm letting you know.

Your analysis of the war is just obviously nonsense. No NSO allies have even joined the fight, at least not yet. We have endured nearly four full rounds bearing the brunt of a much larger opponent's attacks and there still isn't any decisive edge. I realize there are plenty of insecure children who just can't abide the idea of an alliance that isn't shy about telling the truth (Sparta is worthless), and that your lack of self-esteem makes it difficult for you to assess any situation we are involved in with any honesty or objectivity, and I am sorry for your handicap, but really maybe you should just stay quiet rather than spouting off constant nonsense.
[/quote]
IAA and BTA joined this war to help you and tetris win this war. You lost. And now you are telling them to suck it? That's low brah. Especially when Legion had the most valid CB CN has seen in a long time. IAA and BTA could have told you and tet to buzz off. Take your beating, you'll get over it in due time.

If you think that's nonsense, well, that's why I'm here giving you a hard time. :)

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1319820229' post='2833694']
You know what RV your right I dont like Legion but I will still applaud the fact they slapped the hell out of tetris for poking at them. Tetris thought they could get away with poking at a bigger alliance and it didnt work out that way. Good for legion at least having the self respect to stand up and say enough. So take the poor me attitude about no one seeing your vision about things shove it. I applaud NSO for going in support of an ally which seems to becoming more rare these days. But lets not cry about AAs leaving when their primary ally has left the field. AFAIK BTA is allied to NsO not NSO or Tetris so if NsO leaves why would BTA feel obligated to stay. They shouldnt and didnt so quit !@#$%*ing and either nut up and finish legion off or surrender and move on to better things.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am not sure where in any of that you got any of that. The ability of some of you to find statements that do not exist is quite impressive.

If you have the a long term memory capacity that is greater than a goldfish (which is quite impressive, given your lot), you may remember my saying that I can respect Legion finally sticking up for itself. Legion has earned quite a bit a respect from me, even if they are still a terrible alliance overall.

As for IAA and BTA leaving, they never should have come in in the first place if they did not wish to fight. That is all I have ever said of them. They stuck in until they got NsO out, and I have said that is respectable, and truly all they were obligated to do. That still does not make their war efforts anything greater than laughable and halfhearted. I am glad to see them finally out, as I had been hoping for weeks that they'd finally get out. Alliances that do not feel like fighting have no business being involved in awar.

But if you insist on living in this fantasy world where NSO is upset that IAA and BTA left, well, there is nothing I can do to change your mind.[/color]