Announcement from NG and UPN

Stewie

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Maverick87' timestamp='1317600069' post='2814248']
Well now.. Isnt that why we are all here on this beautiful planet known as Bob. To have fun?
[/quote]
Lol i nuked some guy, today and looked at my wars later, his nation was deleted ROFL

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317583418' post='2813979']
UPN pays what it originally offered. UPN wins the war. I'm surprised; Congrats to UPN.
[/quote]

I see your point, but I wouldn't call it a "win." More like a truce, where both agree to stop fighting and do what most other alliances would have done without a war. So, both parties came to their senses.

If UPN ended up not paying ANY reps, then I'd agree with you.

Edited by White Chocolate

I don't see how people are saying UPN won anything, NG really came out ahead:

1) They went to war for their protectorate (alot of alliances have been throwing theirs to the wolves lately)

2) They offered a reasonable ending to the war after a reasonable amount of time.

I mean I hate NG as much as the next guy, but give credit where credit is due.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1317601715' post='2814273']
I don't see how people are saying UPN won anything, NG really came out ahead:

1) They went to war for their protectorate (alot of alliances have been throwing theirs to the wolves lately)

2) They offered a reasonable ending to the war after a reasonable amount of time.

I mean I hate NG as much as the next guy, but give credit where credit is due.
[/quote]
They managed to get the outcome they wanted, which was paying $6m in damages rather than $30m. They had to fight and hold their ground to get that outcome, but ultimately by fighting it ended with UPN paying what they felt was fair. So while I wouldn't say UPN won the war, they managed to win an outcome desirable for them. If NG continued fighting UPN one on one, NG would of taken a lot more damage than they would of been able to extract out of UPN, so its not a bad outcome for either side. I don't think these terms paint either side in a negative light or as really taking a big loss though. NG got to have a fun little war and so did UPN.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1317591403' post='2814111']
o/ a quick end to a pointless war.
[/quote]

Better not let your protectorates hear you talking that way!

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317591510' post='2814116']
Not quite. What UPN lost is replaceable. They lost infra, they did not lose their dignity.

Dignity > Infra.

Alliances that never show their mettle on the battlefield win what? The chance to preserve their infra? These alliances indeed then have Pyrrhic Victories; they stay intact, but lose the respect of the world.
[/quote]

This is assuming that they had the dignity to lose in the first place.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1317603231' post='2814295']
This is assuming that they had the dignity to lose in the first place.
[/quote]
Even if an alliance has no respect beforehand, its wars like these where alliances can attempt to prove their worth and gain some respect. UPN managed to stick to the rep figure they offered rather than the one NG attempted to get them to pay after fighting NG one on one, which showed they had some fight and willpower in them at least. If UPN ordered all their nations not to use any nukes, as they agreed to whatever terms NG asked of them without attempting to fight back at all, they would looked a lot worse coming out of this than they did with this outcome.

Wait, when did the amount of reps to be paid determine the winner of a conflict? What's the threshold? If UPN had paid 12M would they still be the winners? Come on guys, arguing that they only paid a certain amount of reps so therefore they won is !@#$@#$ ridiculous. It's all well and good to argue in favour of your friends and allies, but that kind of discourse just makes everyone dumber for having participated in it. NG won on the battlefield and then cemented that victory by extracting reparations. Not that hard.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317603704' post='2814300']
Wait, when did the amount of reps to be paid determine the winner of a conflict? What's the threshold? If UPN had paid 12M would they still be the winners? Come on guys, arguing that they only paid a certain amount of reps so therefore they won is !@#$@#$ ridiculous. It's all well and good to argue in favour of your friends and allies, but that kind of discourse just makes everyone dumber for having participated in it. NG won on the battlefield and then cemented that victory by extracting reparations. Not that hard.
[/quote]
I agree NG won and could of kept UPN at war a lot longer if they wanted to, so to say UPN won against NG would be misleading. UPN just avoided paying as high of reps as NG originally asked for, which could be seen as them accomplishing something. I don't agree with anyone saying the lack of bigger reps means NG lost to UPN, if anyone is saying that.

[/quote]
Sure, NG won on the battlefield, but got what UPN offered them. It cost UPN, but they win some points here; they stood up for themselves.

It's better than not taking the battlefield and just bending over and giving an alliance $15mil/250tech.

[/quote]
The argument is that UPN paid its original offer, therefore they won. I don't agree, but hey. /shrug

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317604159' post='2814308']
Sure, NG won on the battlefield, but got what UPN offered them. It cost UPN, but they win some points here; they stood up for themselves.

It's better than not taking the battlefield and just bending over and giving an alliance $15mil/250tech.
[/quote]
Hey man, your hard-on for NSO is showing. But anyway, no UPN don't get any points at all really. Their MoD screwed up, NG approached them, UPN screwed up with their offer, NG attacked them and $%&@ed them up for a couple of days, and then decided that 30M - 800k NS = 6M, and UPN paid it. Saying that they got away with only paying what they offered ignores all that NS they just lost, NS that costs money to replace. They didn't negotiate down, they got beaten down and those doing the beating decided to let them off a bit lighter than what they had demanded pre-war. Hopefully you get what I'm saying, but then again you are Jaiar.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317604159' post='2814308']
Sure, NG won on the battlefield, [b]but got what UPN offered them[/b]. It cost UPN, but they win some points here; they stood up for themselves.

[/quote]
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say UPN got what we offered (since Arexes already said he made the reps 6mil as a joke). But it's not really a big deal.