An announcement from CA

[center][img]http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m325/SigrunO/CA_FLAG_New.png[/img]

[/center] Last night the alliance of Non Grata launched a barbaric and unprovoked assault upon Confederatio Aesir. We hereby recognise that CA and NG are at war. May Admin have mercy on their souls.

I apologise for the length of this post, but there is some background which the community deserves to be aware of. The pretext for the attack is the allegation that one of our nations provided war aid to Nicholai. This is a transparently false accusation, as tech dealing is not war aid. In addition, in a good faith effort to avoid any conflict with NG, we had already suspended our tech deals with Methrage. The last order to Nicholai was an oversight. Much of the history of our tech deals is still viewable, there was never any question that this was in fact simply a tech deal, not war aid.

We engaged in several discussions with representatives of NG over the past few days, and bent just as far as we could bend in order to satisfy them. They refuse to be satisfied with anything other than a payment of tribute and an acknowledgement of wrongdoing. These demands I am unable to satisfy and will always be unable to satisfy. Confederatio Aesir does not pay tribute, and we do not accept the hypocritical Pacifican habit of defining the tech deals of the larger side as tech deals but those carried out with the smaller side in the conflict as war aid. This has been a consistent alliance policy from day one, we have faced threats from large, well supported foes for this in the past, and we have never wavered from it. We will not waver now.

As a direct consequence of NGs decision to initiate war against us, we now consider ourselves in coalition with all forces currently at war with Non Grata, as well as any that may enter in hostilities with Non Grata for the duration of the conflict, regardless of our like or dislike for those forces.

I think the community should know that NG, knowing full well this was nothing more than an errant tech deal, knowing full well that if they simply left us alone there would be no further deals, knowing full well that it is our policy NEVER to give in to extortion regardless of the price, and knowing full well that if they insisted on attacking us they would leave us no choice but to actually aid their opponents, which we had never done prior to this... knowing all this, they still felt their best choice was extortion and assault.

This shows clearly that their true motivation in this is not simply to prevent Methrage from receiving aid. By their actions they have knowingly and consciously given him a source of real aid, pure profit, not as tech deals which only yield a fraction of the net as profit. This shows clearly their motivation is not to defend or protect their nations, but rather to bully, to extort, to demand tribute, to impose their will on the community as Hegemons. They have even gone to the point of threatening Spycap personally, although they were informed at first contact and in no uncertain terms that all responsibility for the deal rested on my shoulders personally.

We know that they have bullied, extorted, and received tribute from other alliances over these tech deals. Much larger, more powerful alliances than my own have rolled over on their belly and paid the Danegeld rather than stand up for themselves. To those, I say only shame on you, shame, shame.

Others may be at this moment considering whether to pay, or to fight. To those, I say, be strong! There is nothing to fear, for casualties incurred in a just war, defending yourself and your rights, are a blessing from Admin, and a mark of honour. And paying Danegeld now will only ensure that you pay again and again and again. Are you men or mice? Will you sit and count your infra while others fight and die for your rights, or will you stand up and demand the respect that you deserve? These are the questions you face today, and the answers you decide on will be your legacy. Think on the matter carefully.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

-Sigrun Vapneir Moussing Odensdotter, Queen of the Aesir

Edit/PS: I see some people questioning my protector. Olympus have been the most awesome people to me, they are the best protectors that anyone could want. It was my wish that they not become involved in this, and anyone intimating anything else is a fool and/or a liar.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of words for so little significance. Wow, Methrage's tech trade buddy and vocal advocate aided him despite NG's warnings not to....shocking. So tell me how these Methrage tech trades work....you send the money to Nicholai, and Methrage sends you the tech. I guess 'Nicholai' isn't afraid that he's getting jipped in these deals, eh? :rolleyes:

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1315674176' post='2798122']
Good on you. If only more people were willing to stand up when they are wronged.

Strongly reminds me of ODN/TFE from the last big one.
[/quote]
Err...if you're going with that parallel, Methrage is TFE, Sigrun is ODN, and NG is CoJ. So...you're rooting for NG then?

Wait, let me see if I understand this correctly: NG posted a topic on the OWF clearly stating that any aid would be a hostile action (paraphrasing). One of your members sent their target an aid offer, which Methrage accepted. Now you're crying because NG is just doing what they were gonna do the whole time, which is deal with anyone who gets in the way of eliminating their target. Is that about it?

Seriously, go away.

Tech dealing with a nation that is at war is an act of war against the people that they are fighting. The fact that people don't USUALLY act on that is irrelevant. By tech dealing with Nicholai, you were aiding him in his war against NG. Reparations would not be an unjust expectation in this scenario. I don't know what they were asking for, but I think anything under 15mil would be reasonable. An apology is also, I think, well within the acceptable range as well.

Enjoy being in a coalition with Methrage, I'm sure you'll realize why his crusades are always one-man very shortly :wacko:

I think this all boils down to what one considers war aid. I think we have the majority of the community on our side. Not saying you are in the wrong per se but neither are we. I find it brave of you that you stand by your principles, and like I have said to you in our discussions, we stand by our own.

I do disagree with your statement that we have bullied and extorted other alliances over their techdeals. Reparations are asked for these kind of things all day every day for similar situations (techraids, wars, ghosts, rogues etc) and are accepted by other parties just as easily. By your definition most alliances from planet Bob have extorted another party and this is not even a matter of size.

If our own members mess up aiding someone on a rogue list, or techraids an AA that is considered off limits, we pay too. Does that mean we are bending to another (often smaller) alliance? No, in my opinion it does not.

To reiterate, we have offered you to pay token reps (since you were one of the first to sent monetary aid to methrage and his mirror image). And you flat out refused to even consider paying anything because of your principles. And that is fine by me, but after diplomatic resolution failed there is only one resolution left and that is military resolution. We could have put our heads in the sand and not have to face a 4,3bil warchest which will eventually haunt our lower ranks but we decided that defending our own principles was more important. I would have imagined that this was something you could relate with but I guess I was wrong.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1315674771' post='2798134']
Tech dealing with a nation that is at war is an act of war against the people that they are fighting. The fact that people don't USUALLY act on that is irrelevant. By tech dealing with Nicholai, you were aiding him in his war against NG. Reparations would not be an unjust expectation in this scenario. I don't know what they were asking for, but I think anything under 15mil would be reasonable. An apology is also, I think, well within the acceptable range as well.

Enjoy being in a coalition with Methrage, I'm sure you'll realize why his crusades are always one-man very shortly :wacko:
[/quote]

FYI, we asked 9mil since Sigrun was one of the first to aid Nicholai. After more people aided Methrage, this number went up.

I am assuming that NG is not attacking any other alliance that aided methrage and nicholai because they were smart enough to acknowledge wrongdoing and to send reps to NG, which is normal. Methrage/Nicholai are rogues, not an alliance and frankly, anyone sending aid to NG could be seen as sending war aid, regardless of if it is tech deals or not. It is up to Methrage and Nicholai to do something about it though.

You are smarter than this Sigrun. You screwed up and could have admitted it. Instead, you attempted to martyr yourself over something completely useless. Have fun with martyring yourself over something this dumb. You are in the wrong, not NG.

I don't really see a point of discussion here- aiding a rogue is an act of war. Period. It doesn't matter what you think of Methrage or NG or CA or anyone in this affair- an act of war is an act of war is an act of war. I'd do the same if RoK was in NG's shoes, and if I was in CA's shoes I'd put up with my member's mistake and pay over some reps. The fact that your member did not know Meth was a rogue is completely irrelevant because it does not influence NG's position at the end of the day- intentional or unintentional the consequences are the same.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1315673341' post='2798111']
A lot of words for so little significance. Wow, Methrage's tech trade buddy and vocal advocate aided him despite NG's warnings not to....shocking. So tell me how these Methrage tech trades work....you send the money to Nicholai, and Methrage sends you the tech. I guess 'Nicholai' isn't afraid that he's getting jipped in these deals, eh? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Me and Sigrun finished our last tech deal before the war with Non Grata started and we never started another one because of the war. The tech deal with Nicholai is with him, not me.

Either way I think CA is doing the right thing by not letting themselves get extorted by Non Grata, its nice to see some people are willing to stick up for themselves rather than let themselves get pushed around. CA has my full support.

o/ Confederatio Aesir
o/ Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1315678168' post='2798181']
Is that before or after she sent you $4.5m? :3
[/quote]
I would of supported them regardless, although the $4.5m was nice and I appreciate it. That was sent after you attacked them and since we're fighting a common enemy it makes sense.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1315675512' post='2798143']
FYI, we asked 9mil since Sigrun was one of the first to aid Nicholai. After more people aided Methrage, this number went up.
[/quote]

More than tripled in the span of a few hours, in fact.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1315678934' post='2798185']
Almost nothing regarding your actions makes any sense at all, let alone why someone would bother AIDing you when you've tricked them into this position
[/quote]
I didn't trick them into anything, I haven't even done tech deals with them during this war. One of their members continued doing their tech deals with Nicholai, because they didn't realize Non Grata were going after anyone who did tech deals with him as well. I had nothing to do with organizing that tech deal though.

Edited by Methrage