An announcement from CA

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1315686694' post='2798266']
Well that last batch of aid you sent to Methy was titled "War Aid" so can we cut the crap about it being "tech deals". Clearly that wasn't the case.
[/quote]
Aid was sent after the war declaration. She actually mentions it would be, in OP.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315680229' post='2798211']
I thought you were smarter than this, but you're way off.
[/quote]

Wait, so soliciting aid and tech deals from people when youre at war and KNOWING that those who aid or do tech deals with you will be punished, is having respect and sympathy for them? This seems way too stupid so i must have missed something...

Well, I'd be annoyed as hell if someone sent money to a rogue I was fighting, no matter what the purpose, and it's a stupid thing for you to do, as it's a rather risky investment.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1315671461' post='2798101']
the hypocritical Pacifican habit
[/quote]

This is all Pacifica's fault :awesome:

Well that last batch of aid you sent to Methy was titled "War Aid" so can we cut the crap about it being "tech deals". Clearly that wasn't the case.
[/quote]
Well, I think this settles it. Roll CA.

Wait, if I want to increase my casualty count, I have to [i]aid Methrage?[/i]

I find that unacceptable. I should be able to up my casualty numbers without having to go that route.

"Daddy, why doesn't our nation have more casualties?"
"Well, son, our leaders won't send aid to Methrage's nation."
"But daddy, is that the *only* way to get more casualties."
"I'm afraid so, son... I'm afraid so."

Think of the children!

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1315692409' post='2798301']
Wait, if I want to increase my casualty count, I have to [i]aid Methrage?[/i]

I find that unacceptable. I should be able to up my casualty numbers without having to go that route.

"Daddy, why doesn't our nation have more casualties?"
"Well, son, our leaders won't send aid to Methrage's nation."
"But daddy, is that the *only* way to get more casualties."
"I'm afraid so, son... I'm afraid so."

Think of the children!
[/quote]
The casualties are fun, more should join in on the fun. I'll make sure not to peace out leaving anyone behind, it could be a coalition effort to increase casualties and show Non Grata they can't get away with trying to extort massive reps out of people for doing tech deals unapproved by them, while they continue doing tech deals and tech raids whenever they want. :war:

[/quote]

I could put "hookers and blow" as an aid reason. Doesn't make it true.

I rather suspect it's intended as more of a "Screw you, NG."

Still, it's a shame that cooler heads haven't prevailed on either side. (I don't include Methrage as one of the 'sides', btw. I've watched over three or four years as he's gone from reasonable leader of a respectable alliance to....whatever the hell he is now. I'm no psychiatrist.)

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315698793' post='2798358']
The casualties are fun, more should join in on the fun. I'll make sure not to peace out leaving anyone behind, it could be a coalition effort to increase casualties and show Non Grata they can't get away with trying to extort massive reps out of people for doing tech deals unapproved by them, while they continue doing tech deals and tech raids whenever they want. :war:
[/quote]

Frankly, if you do not like the fact that people are doing tech deals with NG, then do something about it. NG is doing something about people doing tech deals with you already.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315700066' post='2798373']
Frankly, if you do not like the fact that people are doing tech deals with NG, then do something about it. NG is doing something about people doing tech deals with you already.
[/quote]
I guess I could attack anyone of them with just cause at any time if I follow Non Grata's logic, although I believe in free trade and not expecting everyone to not tech deal with certain alliances just because it makes things a little more challenging. The ones who sanctioned me I would be more tempted to do something about, but I'll give them some time to come to their senses on that.

Edited by Methrage

I applaud you, CA, for sticking up for your principles. You have pierced the veil of the oppressive and archaic structures of alliance dealings, and have realized that such atrocities such as reparations and diplomacy are vices impressed upon us by the corrupt hegemony of the current CN political scene.

It reminds me of a recent encounter with a hobo while I was eating in a restaurant. He burst in courageously, not a scrap of clothing on his person. This was his protest against the terrible social structure of today. When asked to leave or put clothes on by the manager, he stood by his principles and loudly shouted, "No!" When the crooked cops came to arrest him for his revolutionary stand, he gave them one hell of a what for with a vigor that I have not seen in many men. Sure, he may be rotting in a prison for assault and resisting arrest, but he gave those cops some black eyes that surely mildly discomforted them for entire days. Truly a hero of our time.

That is you, CA. You are that hobo, giving a black eye to the corrupt NG. Good luck, and god speed.

Edited by ControlVolume

[/quote]
The more nations that NG declares war on for mistakenly doing tech deals with Methrage and Nicholai (e.g. because they don't read the OWF), the more nations can, and have an incentive to, openly send war aid to those two. That seems somewhat counterproductive.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1315707092' post='2798424']
The more nations that NG declares war on for mistakenly doing tech deals with Methrage and Nicholai (e.g. because they don't read the OWF), the more nations can, and have an incentive to, openly send war aid to those two. That seems somewhat counterproductive.
[/quote]

Actually, NG talks to the alliance gov of those nations first. The only reason CA is being attacked is because Sigrun decided to try and martyr herself over something so completely useless as Methrage and his shenanigans.

[/quote]

I think you need to read long posts more carefully than jump to conclusions...

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1315707092' post='2798424']
[/quote]
Sigrun didn't plan to send me any aid or do any tech deals with me until my war with NG was over if they weren't attacked, so you're correct that NG just caused me to get more aid by attacking CA here. Before they attacked CA, all they did was 1 tech deal with a non nuclear capable nation.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1315686542' post='2798264']
[b][color="#FF0000"]*[/color][/b]Unless they're aiding your side. Then the other side needs to be forced to pay reps and/or apologize before they're finally granted peace.
[/quote]

Don't look at me, I don't write the surrender terms. I also don't care if the person I'm fighting is tech dealing. But then again I've never fought a 4k NS nuclear rogue so I suppose I wouldn't know what it's like.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1315713996' post='2798507']
Don't look at me, I don't write the surrender terms. I also don't care if the person I'm fighting is tech dealing. But then again I've never fought a 4k NS nuclear rogue so I suppose I wouldn't know what it's like.
[/quote]
The thing is they didn't attack any of the ones who tech dealed with the nuclear capable nation, they attacked the ones who did a tech deal with my alliance mate who has no wonders or nuclear capabilities, since they thought going after CA would be an easier fight and they would still somewhat appear to be attacking those who tech deal with me, except without actually doing that and only hitting the alliance who didn't tech trade with me because of my war with NG.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315709396' post='2798440']
Actually, NG talks to the alliance gov of those nations first. The only reason CA is being attacked is because Sigrun decided to try and martyr herself over something so completely useless as Methrage and his shenanigans.
[/quote]
I was under the impression that the last war popularised the principle that continuing tech deals started prior to the commencement of hostilities (as CA appears to gave done) did not constitute a new act of war. Wasn't that why Carpe Diem was considered to have breached its terms, by declaring on Umb/MK for continuing tech deals with GOONS at war with NSO?