An announcement from CA

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315714315' post='2798510']
The thing is they didn't attack any of the ones who tech dealed with the nuclear capable nation, they attacked the ones who did a tech deal with my alliance mate who has no wonders or nuclear capabilities, since they thought going after CA would be an easier fight and they would still somewhat appear to be attacking those who tech deal with me, except without actually doing that and only hitting the alliance who didn't tech trade with me because of my war with NG.
[/quote]

They probably did not attack the other ones because the other ones were smart. The other ones probably decided to apologize and pay reps whereas CA did not. But please keep making it look like something other than what it is, Sigrun acting stupid for you.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1315715087' post='2798516']
I was under the impression that the last war popularised the principle that continuing tech deals started prior to the commencement of hostilities (as CA appears to gave done) did not constitute a new act of war. Wasn't that why Carpe Diem was considered to have breached its terms, by declaring on Umb/MK for continuing tech deals with GOONS at war with NSO?
[/quote]

Wait wha? CD broke their terms by not staying out of the war which was dictated by their surrender terms. CD surrendered, then redeclared war which broke their terms. I have no clue what tech deals has to do with anything.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1315715087' post='2798516']
I was under the impression that the last war popularised the principle that continuing tech deals started prior to the commencement of hostilities (as CA appears to gave done) did not constitute a new act of war. Wasn't that why Carpe Diem was considered to have breached its terms, by declaring on Umb/MK for continuing tech deals with GOONS at war with NSO?
[/quote]

Might makes right my friend. If you have enough nukes and soldiers on your side you can adopt any position and then change it later.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315716102' post='2798528']
They probably did not attack the other ones because the other ones were smart. The other ones probably decided to apologize and pay reps whereas CA did not. But please keep making it look like something other than what it is, Sigrun acting stupid for you.
[/quote]
I wouldn't call refusing to pay those undeserved big reps as being stupid, I think of it as having the guts to stand up for yourself and not let yourself get pushed around by an alliance who's only real basis for their actions is might makes right.

Edited by Methrage

GOONS stands with our NG allies, of course. Methrage should not be aided, and I'm sure NG were far more generous than our usual 90m amounts. Doesn't matter why he got the aid, reparations are to be paid for the damages it will cause.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315716270' post='2798531']
I wouldn't call refusing to pay those undeserved big reps as being stupid, I think of it as having the guts to stand up for yourself and not let yourself get pushed around by an alliance who's only real basis for their actions is might makes right.
[/quote]

Aiding a rogue is aiding a rogue is aiding a rogue is aiding a rogue. No matter what you say, it won't change what Sigrun/CA did. Thus, reps are deserved and obviously Olympus feels CA is also in the wrong.

The only ones who think something is amiss is you, and those who already dislike NG.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1315716441' post='2798532']
GOONS stands with our NG allies, of course. Methrage should not be aided, and I'm sure NG were far more generous than our usual 90m amounts. Doesn't matter why he got the aid, reparations are to be paid for the damages it will cause.
[/quote]

Ah, of course in comes the spineless brigade to prop up there friends, because it looks like an edgy thing to do and they won't lose any pixels over it. They wouldn't prop up any of their friends in an instance in which they may lose pixels (NPO, Polar, CSN, etc... just take your pick). Did DT recently have to pay that outrageous sum of 90mil? or did you happen to run away like spineless cowards?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315716812' post='2798539']
Ah, of course in comes the spineless brigade to prop up there friends, because it looks like an edgy thing to do and they won't lose any pixels over it. They wouldn't prop up any of their friends in an instance in which they may lose pixels (NPO, Polar, CSN, etc... just take your pick). Did DT recently have to pay that outrageous sum of 90mil? or did you happen to run away like spineless cowards?
[/quote]
What the [I]hell[/I] are you talking about?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315680229' post='2798211']
I thought you were smarter than this, but you're way off.
[/quote]
Methrage, you've been throwing people under the bus for years now. Don't even try to deny it.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315716715' post='2798537']
Aiding a rogue is aiding a rogue is aiding a rogue is aiding a rogue. No matter what you say, it won't change what Sigrun/CA did. Thus, reps are deserved and obviously Olympus feels CA is also in the wrong.

The only ones who think something is amiss is you, and those who already dislike NG.
[/quote]
What is your exact definition of a rogue, which warrents huge reps being asked which add up to far more than the nation who recieved the tech deal will do? Its not like Nicholai is luanching any nukes, he barely ever bothers with cruise missiles or even air attacks for that matter. That tech deal CA gave Nicholai didn't cause Non Grata much damage, what will cause them much damage is that by attacking CA, now there is no reason for CA not to send me aid, so most of the damage they'll be taking from the aid sent is the aid that was sent after Non Grata already attacked them.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315716812' post='2798539']
[/quote]

What exactly does DT have to do with GOONS, Sardonic, or 90mil????

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315717091' post='2798545']
[/quote]
Was it CSN who asked big reps of you guys and you made a big deal out of it, or am I thinking of another alliance? I'm not sure on the DT-GOONS connection myself, is there a connection? :unsure:

[/quote]
My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315716966' post='2798542']
How pathetic your alliance is.
[/quote]
If you're going to criticize GOONS might I suggest an angle that isn't complete nonsense?

[/quote]

Was it not DT who aided Hizzy recently? an EoG? Did you guys pay GOONS 90million? If you did then I'm surprised. I figured GOONS would just run away.

(If it wasn't you guys my mistake. It still doesn't change the fact that GOONS is a spineless, pathetic, pile of !@#$ nations who get genuinely good people like TLR, MK, Umbrella, and VE to prop them up.)

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315717084' post='2798544']
What is your exact definition of a rogue, which warrents huge reps being asked which add up to far more than the nation who recieved the tech deal will do? Its not like Nicholai is luanching any nukes, he barely ever bothers with cruise missiles or even air attacks for that matter. That tech deal CA gave Nicholai didn't cause Non Grata much damage, what will cause them much damage is that by attacking CA, now there is no reason for CA not to send me aid, so most of the damage they'll be taking from the aid sent is the aid that was sent after Non Grata already attacked them.
[/quote]

I have no clue the amount asked of CA since Sigrun did not state any amount. Also, the fact that the tech deal caused NG any damage is a problem. As for the aid afterwards or the damage, I doubt NG cares much. It is the principal that aiding a rogue should not be encouraged.

But it appears that CA does not mind, so I wonder what Sigrun will say should people start aiding NG to fight CA?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315717393' post='2798550']
(If it wasn't you guys my mistake. It still doesn't change the fact that GOONS is a spineless, pathetic, pile of !@#$ nations who get genuinely good people like TLR, MK, and Ronin to prop them up.)
[/quote]
Yes, Ronin, our closest treaty partner, without which we would surely be vanquished instantly.

Regardless, this is getting off track and I tire of your antics.

To the OP: A pity you've decided to go down this route Sigrun, hopefully you will come to a different conclusion in time.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1315717745' post='2798554']
Regardless, this is getting off track and I tire of your antics.

To the OP: A pity you've decided to go down this route Sigrun, hopefully you will come to a different conclusion in time.
[/quote]

Great job at deflecting your cowardice.

I hope the treatied alliances I mentioned above drop you so that you can enjoy NG's fate of being raped, castrated, and dying in a nuclear hellfire.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315717697' post='2798553']
I have no clue the amount asked of CA since Sigrun did not state any amount. Also, the fact that the tech deal caused NG any damage is a problem. As for the aid afterwards or the damage, I doubt NG cares much. It is the principal that aiding a rogue should not be encouraged.

But it appears that CA does not mind, so I wonder what Sigrun will say should people start aiding NG to fight CA?
[/quote]
People are already aiding NG, as well as attacking me to assist them. This was before I did any tech deals with anyone during the war, which I was waiting until it was clear NG wanted to see my PZI. I'm more curious as to what Olympus would say to that, as NG doesn't really like fighting on their own, so it would be Olympus who would need to do something for Non Grata to not call in help likely. Already this war I've been attacked by a Tetris nation twice, MK nation once, my alliance mate was attacked by a tetris nation and goons nation, so even before I was doing tech deals NG has been trying to get as much aid this war as they can from their allies to try making this easy for them.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315718018' post='2798557']
People are already aiding NG, as well as attacking me to assist them. This was before I did any tech deals with anyone during the war, which I was waiting until it was clear NG wanted to see my PZI. I'm more curious as to what Olympus would say to that, as NG doesn't really like fighting on their own, so it would be Olympus who would need to do something for Non Grata to not call in help likely. Already this war I've been attacked by a Tetris nation twice, MK nation once, my alliance mate was attacked by a tetris nation and goons nation, so far before I was doing tech deals NG has been trying to get as much aid this war as they can from their allies to try making this easy for them.
[/quote]

It could also be you are on a 2 man AA that most alliances do not recognize, you hold no treaties, and were thus tech raided. I do not know if Tetris has a treaty with NG. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315717393' post='2798550']
Was it not DT who aided Hizzy recently? an EoG? Did you guys pay GOONS 90million? If you did then I'm surprised. I figured GOONS would just run away.

(If it wasn't you guys my mistake. It still doesn't change the fact that GOONS is a spineless, pathetic, pile of !@#$ nations who get genuinely good people like TLR, MK, Umbrella, and VE to prop them up.)
[/quote]

I honestly do not know. If it did happen, it sure went unnoticed as I did not see much in the way of aid between DT and GOONS. Most of DT has been working on getting tech deals.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315717292' post='2798546']
Was it CSN who asked big reps of you guys and you made a big deal out of it, or am I thinking of another alliance? I'm not sure on the DT-GOONS connection myself, is there a connection? :unsure:
[/quote]

CSN asked for 40k tech... Not sure if you think 30mil or even 90mil is anywhere close to that... I would say good try, but that is such an absolute stretch it is quite ridiculous.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315718494' post='2798564']
it sure went unnoticed as I did not see much in the way of aid between DT and GOONS.
[/quote]

how about that. :ehm: GOONS :ehm:

Also just wanted to take the time to say I love DT. Also good luck to CA and NG. I'm exiting the thread.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315718494' post='2798564']
CSN asked for 40k tech... Not sure if you think 30mil or even 90mil is anywhere close to that... I would say good try, but that is such an absolute stretch it is quite ridiculous.
[/quote]
$30m and 1000 tech was the lowest offer I got, but they were asking it from a ZI nation with no way to pay even half that much, as my income wouldn't be high enough to send out much money unless I first focused a few months on profitable tech deals to rebuild.

An alliance of your size is more able to pay reps like that compared to a 2 man alliance near or at ZI. Sigrun's alliance is pretty small as well, so relative in how much each nation would have to pay, your reps weren't any worse than her needing to pay $30m. Probably a lot easier to pay.

Non Grata claimed others would of paid it for me with the $30m and 1k tech making them justified in asking so much despite my inability to pay it, but really that was just an offer to pay half of it if I helped found their alliance with them and tried peacing this war out, but when they counter offered with even more than the discussed maximum we would be willing to pay in reps, by throwing an extra $30m on top of that, there is no way I would of been able to pay even a small portion. With this party interested in paying, we agreed I'd try seeing if they'd go for 500t, but offer 1000t as the limit. Non Grata's response was giving them 1k tech and $30m reps if I wanted peace, which wasn't possible even if someone else did pay half.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315719212' post='2798574']
$30m and 1000k tech was the lowest offer I got, but they were asking it from a ZI nation with no way to pay even half that much, as my income wouldn't be high enough to send out much money unless I first focused a few months on profitable tech deals to rebuild.

An alliance of your size is more able to pay reps like that compared to a 2 man alliance near or at ZI. Sigrun's alliance is pretty small as well, so relative in how much each nation would have to pay, your reps weren't any worse than her needing to pay $30m. Probably a lot easier to pay.

Non Grata claimed others would of paid it for me with the $30m and 1k tech making them justified in asking so much despite my inability to pay it, but really that was just an offer to pay half of it if I helped found their alliance with them and tried peacing this war out, but when they counter offered with even more than the discussed maximum we would be willing to pay in reps, by throwing an extra $30m on top of that, there is no way I would of been able to pay even a small portion. With this party interested in paying, we agreed I'd try seeing if they'd go for 500t, but offer 1000t as the limit. Non Grata's response was giving them 1k tech and $30m reps if I wanted peace, which wasn't possible even if someone else did pay half.
[/quote]

I could easily pay $30 million without batting an eye but ask me to shell out 500 tech and I would say no. As for what NG was asking of you, I do not really care. You tried to make claims that $30 million was somehow anywhere remotely close to the initial 40k tech demand from CSN. They are not even remotely close to the 5k tech demand that was settled on (amongst other reps as well). As for your demands, the 1k tech seems a bit harsh to me but considering TOP shelled out $90 million for you just to watch you piss it away....

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1315719131' post='2798572']
No, we don't know what Omni's going on about half the time, either.
[/quote]

He's basically saying GOONS are cowards (I know its a news flash) certainly you are smart enough to comprehend the simplicity of his message. I hate like hell giving people the benefit of the doubt in terms of intelligence, but hey if you want to win the lottery you have to purchase the ticket, right?

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315719976' post='2798579']
I could easily pay $30 million without batting an eye but ask me to shell out 500 tech and I would say no. As for what NG was asking of you, I do not really care. You tried to make claims that $30 million was somehow anywhere remotely close to the initial 40k tech demand from CSN. They are not even remotely close to the 5k tech demand that was settled on (amongst other reps as well). As for your demands, the 1k tech seems a bit harsh to me but considering TOP shelled out $90 million for you just to watch you piss it away....
[/quote]
Do you think asking 300k tech from NPO would be harsher and more unreasonable than asking 100k tech from DT?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315720413' post='2798585']
Do you think asking 300k tech from NPO would be harsher and more unreasonable than asking 100k tech from DT?
[/quote]

I think both are highly unreasonable and harsh. but given the stats, asking 300k from NPO is taking just over 70% of their tech whereas asking 100k from DT is just over 50% of our tech. Both are still highly unreasonable and harsh but in this instance, 300k from NPO is worse statistically. But again, what does that have to do with the fact that you tried to equate $30 million to 40k tech or even 5k tech and like $150 million in cash?

You keep bringing in all this other unrelated info instead of just owning up to the fact that Sigrun did not have unreasonable reps asked of her at least in consideration to what CSN demanded of DT.