An announcement from CA

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1315786634' post='2798938']
Looking for the people who you quoted and the alliances they are in, I'm not surprised that they changed their opinion on the subject so fast. Consistence is not their strength.
[/quote]
Oh but D34TH, it is a horrible thing to confuse an individual's opinions with the opinion of their respective alliance. You've taken ever so much time teaching us that.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bluestrike' timestamp='1315789759' post='2798957']
Well, lets see CA use their diplomatic relevance to save your sorry self, if they are so meaningful.
[/quote]
The aid is plenty to make sure I continue doing fine throughout this war and nuclear capable until a time where peace is agreed upon.

Why people continue to give Methrage the time of day confuses me. He's a failed state. One that's had to resort to fraud, deception, and the unlawful use of a puppet state to continue the flow of aid into his little third world country (for I truly believe the people of Libertarian States have been so fully subjugated they have become an abject race fully under the control of the mad dictator Methrage).

The only thing of mild note about this occurence is rather than defraud some casual student of Bobian politicals with his puppet Nicolai, he managed to find himself a martyr to nail herself up onto the cross next to his and scream mostly prettily.

Try not become too worked up folks, in another month her bleatings shall be as grating upon our ears as those coming from Methrage's lips.

Edited by Johan

[quote name='Johan' timestamp='1315790146' post='2798963']
Why people continue to give Methrage the time of day confuses me. He's a failed state. One that's had to resort to fraud, deception, and the unlawful use of a puppet state to continue the flow of aid into his little third world country (for I truly believe the people of Libertarian States have been so fully subjugated they have become an abject race fully under the control of the mad dictator Methrage).

The only thing of mild note about this occurence is rather than defraud some casual student of Bobian politicals with his puppet Nicolai, he managed to find himself a martyr to nail herself up onto the cross next to his and scream mostly prettily.

Try not become too worked up folks, in another month her bleatings shall be as grating upon our ears as those coming from Methrage's lips.
[/quote]

He has spoken.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1315785692' post='2798929']
Why, Ardus, it's so nice to see you've changed your position and seen the light.
[/quote]
You haven't even started analysing the evil within that document
[quote]8. The New Pacific Order will give The Federation of Armed Nations one pretzel.

For the Victorious Forces
Ardus, by himself, dictated but not read
[/quote]
And yet, Ardus never said anything related to pretzels prior to the war. There is only one word for someone like this: [i]Criminal.[/i]

[quote name='Bluestrike' timestamp='1315790558' post='2798970']
He has spoken.
[/quote]

Indeed. Because I am a merciful God I shall give Methrage time to repent his ways. He knowest that he hath trangressed in mine eyes. Should he continue to do such in my eyes though, perhaps my Paladins of Paradoxia shall be given a divine decree to cleanse Bob of the imp Methrage. :nuke:

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1315788469' post='2798946']
No, and here's why; You have aided a nation who has seen it fit to attack an alliance. An alliance that has clearly stated any aid sent to Methrage during this conflict would be seen as an act of war by the aiding party. What [i]your[/i] policy is on Aid during war is inconsequential. You made the decision to aid and trade with Methrage knowing full well that it would be considered an act of war by Non Grata, you refused to pay the fine for your interference then as a result you are now being attacked by Non Grata. You sent aid to a rogue and now you're feeling the repercussions. No amount of long-winded !@#$%^&* excuses or half-assed explanations can justify what you have done. You are in the wrong.
[/quote]
Well, aren't you just the moral crusader tonight?

[quote name='Johan' timestamp='1315790829' post='2798977']
Indeed. Because I am a merciful God I shall give Methrage time to repent his ways. He knowest that he hath trangressed in mine eyes. Should he continue to do such in my eyes though, perhaps my Paladins of Paradoxia shall be given a divine decree to cleanse Bob of the imp Methrage. :nuke:
[/quote]
I think cleansing the world of a false prophet making a mockery out of them would take priority. If OMFG accepts you as a full member, I'll lose a lot of respect I have towards the alliance.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315790975' post='2798980']
I think cleansing the world of a false prophet making a mockery out of them would take priority. If OMFG accepts you as a full member, I'll lose a lot of respect I have towards the alliance.
[/quote]

The person attempting to tell TOP and Ordo Paradoxia how to conduct their religious affairs should at the very least understand that Johan is the God of Thunder and Rock n Roll. No mere prophet.

[/quote]

Because gaining your respect is what motivates alliances..

[quote name='Johan' timestamp='1315791350' post='2798982']
The person attempting to tell TOP and Ordo Paradoxia how to conduct their religious affairs should at the very least understand that Johan is the God of Thunder and Rock n Roll. No mere prophet.
[/quote]
He's been referred to as both, but then you're fully aware of what your posing as and that your name is meant to parody their deity. That should be enough reason for them to erase you from this world to keep what they consider sacred from becoming what you're trying to turn it into.

[quote name='Gloin' timestamp='1315791599' post='2798985']
Because gaining your respect is what motivates alliances..
[/quote]
Killjoy is someone I hold in high regard and consider a friend, my name is even still on one of their treaties that was signed while I was leading the FCC. I'm sure she'll consider my opinion, even if that is not what decides their actions.

Edited by Methrage

[/quote]

I'm sure they will take that into consideration when making their decision.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1315789903' post='2798959']
Oh but D34TH, it is a horrible thing to confuse an individual's opinions with the opinion of their respective alliance. You've taken ever so much time teaching us that.
[/quote]

You need to pay more attention to my lessons padawan, the majority of the individuals that I was talking about do represent their alliances since they lead their respective alliances or have high gov positions.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1315785692' post='2798929']
Why, Ardus, it's so nice to see you've changed your position and seen the light.
[/quote]
If you'll recall the cornerstone of my position on that war matter was "ODN wants it and I stand by ODN." Beyond that, I'm not really interested in hashing out the myriad devils in the details.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1315792892' post='2798997']
If you'll recall the cornerstone of my position on that war matter was "ODN wants it and I stand by ODN." Beyond that, I'm not really interested in hashing out the myriad devils in the details.
[/quote]
I never figured you for a high school lunchroom politics sorta guy, but if you say you're that shallow, then who am I to argue?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1315792669' post='2798994']
You need to pay more attention to my lessons padawan, the majority of the individuals that I was talking about do represent their alliances since they lead their respective alliances or have high gov positions.
[/quote]
The majority. Really? I'd suggest checking those positions some time. I recognise it's difficult to differentiate between NpO heirarchy and real-life, but Impero isn't a majority.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315785242' post='2798921']
GOONS however is in a class completely on their own. They've bullied friends of mine, and everytime I think they may actually be ok people something happens to turn that idea on its head. GOONS will only pick on the weak and down-trodden. This is proved in their most recent display of cowardice with DT. Recently, Sardonic has made threats of me getting "the justice I deserve" or something like that. [b]Sardonic, however, like most GOONS will only do anything once he's completely sure it will not be at the cost of infra.[/b] Therefore, I will probably be waiting for my "justice" for a pretty long while. I do like that guy Timberland though. He doesn't act or seem like a normal GOON.
[/quote]

You say some really silly stuff sometimes, ya know that?

I mean, it's not like we recently rolled with some allies against NPO - knowing full well that a great many alliances were gunning for us and would take the opportunity to get their shots in - or that we're frequently at war with tech-raid targets, EoGs, and any other assortment of micro-AAs and nations. Not like any of that threatens our infra which clearly we so value.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1315795126' post='2799019']

I mean, it's not like we recently rolled with some allies against NPO - knowing full well that a great many alliances were gunning for us and would take the opportunity to get their shots in - or that we're frequently at war with tech-raid targets, EoGs, and any other assortment of micro-AAs and nations. Not like any of that threatens our infra which clearly we so value.
[/quote]
This is absolutely laughable. "Rolled" is exactly the right word choice for your [i]oh-so-daring[/i] attack on NPO while literally every alliance of any consequence that might have helped them was already at war. The idea that raid targets represent a threat to GOONS is simply idiotic and a farce of a claim, much less the rag-tag assortment of generally isolated and incompetent people that populate the EoG list.
If GOONS had ever taken a real gamble, as Omni claims you have not, then you would have cited one. How sad.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1315794671' post='2799015']
The majority. Really? I'd suggest checking those positions some time. I recognise it's difficult to differentiate between NpO heirarchy and real-life, but Impero isn't a majority.
[/quote]
At least 4 of the 10 quotes were gov in their AAs at the time of the posts. In the case of MrWuss, his government forced the term in question, so the question of whether he represented his gov or not is irrelevant. The point is that in 10 pages on the issue maybe 3 people(none of them gov anywhere) acknowledged CoJ's point--which NG now shares--that tech dealing in war is an act of war, while gov of several alliances went so far as to claim that it is not, but magically in this thread which is quickly approaching the same length, you have all had some sort of come-to-Jesus moment.

Edited by Schattenmann

[/quote]
Are you goddamn mad? We're at a healthy 13.6k ans, don't jeopardize it by contradicting clearly important gentlemen!

[/quote]

I like you Sir William, but fighting NPO, tech-raid targets, EoGs, and mico AAs isn't very ballsy. I mean it would actually take effort to lose against any of those mentioned. I mean you've had chances to fight actual tough targets and be a mover and shaker, but I haven't seen you guys do anything but act tough and edgy while hiding behind treaties. If you really wanted to look edgy why didn't you keep the CSN treaty? or recently caused a big deal with the Hizzy issue? (I would have still rooted against you in that case though, because I like DT).

What is the world suppose to think when you only enter into conflicts that the outcomes are all but decided? Then you go around threatening and throwing your weight around as if you deserve respect.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1315795414' post='2799020']
The point is that in 10 pages on the issue maybe 3 people(none of them gov anywhere) acknowledged CoJ's point--which NG now shares--that tech dealing in war is an act of war [/quote]
Isn't it just terrible when people don't just calmly flock to support someone's post when it reflects their own opinion. I'm glad to see you bucking the trend by approving NG's policy without some typically niggly comment. A far cry from those horrible gentlemen you've quoted, who were clearly criticizing your policy and not your character.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1315795414' post='2799020']
This is absolutely laughable. "Rolled" is exactly the right word choice for your [i]oh-so-daring[/i] attack on NPO while literally every alliance of any consequence that might have helped them was already at war. The idea that raid targets represent a threat to GOONS is simply idiotic and a farce of a claim, much less the rag-tag assortment of generally isolated and incompetent people that populate the EoG list.
If GOONS had ever taken a real gamble, as Omni claims you have not, then you would have cited one. How sad.
[/quote]
[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315796050' post='2799025']
I like you Sir William, but fighting NPO, tech-raid targets, EoGs, and mico AAs isn't very ballsy. I mean it would actually take effort to lose against any of those mentioned. I mean you've had chances to fight actual tough targets and be a mover and shaker, but I haven't seen you guys do anything but act tough and edgy while hiding behind treaties. If you really wanted to look edgy why didn't you keep the CSN treaty? or recently caused a big deal with the Hizzy issue? (I would have still rooted against you in that case though, because I like DT).

What is the world suppose to think when you only enter into conflicts that the outcomes are all but decided? Then you go around threatening and throwing your weight around as if you deserve respect.
[/quote]

My dear Schatt, I'm glad you consider CoJ and the remainder of those that comprised the Coalition of the Hopeless to be inconsequential - if nothing else this is something we can agree on.

Anyhow, I never said raid targets posed a threat or that warring the targets our AA has to offer is ballsy (I suppose the [i]GOONs hate[/i] blinders are to blame here). I did insinuate, quite clearly so, that if we were infra-huggers, as was alleged, we wouldn't wage war. Not against the NPO when all indications were that their allies would retaliate mostly against us, and not against the aforementioned assortment of peace-time targets in the lull between larger conflicts.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1315796050' post='2799025']
I like you Sir William, but fighting NPO, tech-raid targets, EoGs, and mico AAs isn't very ballsy.
[/quote]
Preach brother! It must have been terribly taxing taking those 7 nukes. Regardless of your AA (hey look ODN now, where did the SF support go?) you've always had your back against the wall, fighting the good fight.