Announcement from Non Grata

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314667231' post='2790702']
Had they not sanctioned me I would of been willing to help them again like I did in the DH-NPO War, however now I wouldn't even consider helping them again.
[/quote]

Well, you're army is clearly $%&@ed now NPO, losing the great warrior Methrage :(

I'm not paying $90m in reps considering a Non Grata nation attacked someone of the same alliance affiliation and that war was still ongoing when I attacked in response. I'm willing to pay up to 500 tech to get the sanctions removed and end the war.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1314710874' post='2790974']
That'll show 'em.
[/quote]
They also messed up the trades of 5 of their own members, but I guess to them it was worth it to show they can take action in a situation which has nothing to do with them.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1314716226' post='2790992']
Whatever will NPO do without the help of Methrage?!
[/quote]
They've also damaged their reputation here, before when they refused GOONS sanction request it caused a lot of people to have a more favorable opinion of them, as an alliance independent of the hegemony and not an alliance which messes up the trades of their own color sphere to assist the hegemony in taking down any opposition. Now they've shown to be no different from alliances such as VE in how they use their sanction, making Red not the good color sphere many thought it was for those of smaller alliances or unaligned nations who don't want to worry about being sanctioned if they dare fight back against a large alliance. They also showed no gratitude for me declaring on someone to assist them even with no treaty, so now that its been shown that doesn't really matter to them, I doubt in the future anyone will do that for them.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314714889' post='2790985']
I'm not paying $90m in reps considering a Non Grata nation attacked someone of the same alliance affiliation and that war was still ongoing when I attacked in response. I'm willing to pay up to 500 tech to get the sanctions removed and end the war.

They also messed up the trades of 5 of their own members, but I guess to them it was worth it to show they can take action in a situation which has nothing to do with them.
[/quote]

As I've already stated. I'm around anytime you wish to discuss specific terms.

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1314717749' post='2791000']
As I've already stated. I'm around anytime you wish to discuss specific terms.
[/quote]
Alright, I just noticed kriekfreak isn't even gov, so he probably sent me joke terms.

I'm not paying $90m in reps considering a Non Grata nation attacked someone of the same alliance affiliation and that war was still ongoing when I attacked in response. I'm willing to pay up to 500 tech to get the sanctions removed and end the war.[/quote]

I'm going to guess the answer to this offer will be "no". One windmill too many, Quixote.

[quote]They also messed up the trades of 5 of their own members, but I guess to them it was worth it to show they can take action in a situation which has nothing to do with them.[/quote]

Which should be an indication as to the level of their anger with you at this point. But please, you are on a noble quest and I am but a commentator on these proceedings and you have much to do in the name of the fair Dulcinea del Toboso before nightfall.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1314718236' post='2791003']
I'm going to guess the answer to this offer will be "no". One windmill too many, Quixote.
[/quote]
Yeah, they seem pretty fixated on $90m, so this might drag out for a while.

Edit: Also my tax collections are less than my bills even after I get out of anarchy, not sure how they expect me to pay any reps from near ZI. When I agreed to terms with GOONS, they offered to pay me for the tech, making my nation capable to send it out. Asking for huge amounts of money from a nation who has none isn't going to work.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314717350' post='2790997']
Now they've shown to be no different from alliances such as VE in how they use their sanction, making Red not the good color sphere many thought it was for those of smaller alliances or unaligned nations who don't want to worry about being sanctioned if they dare fight back against a large alliance.
[/quote]

And how is it exactly that we use our sanction? If I recall, when you rouged us we didn't sanction you, ZIed you, held you there, bill locked you, toyed with you there some more, then aided you out of bill lock because I'm such a damn nice fellow.

You're a very strange little man.

They've also damaged their reputation here, before when they refused GOONS sanction request it caused a lot of people to have a more favorable opinion of them, as an alliance independent of the hegemony and not an alliance which messes up the trades of their own color sphere to assist the hegemony in taking down any opposition. Now they've shown to be no different from alliances such as VE in how they use their sanction, making Red not the good color sphere many thought it was for those of smaller alliances or unaligned nations who don't want to worry about being sanctioned if they dare fight back against a large alliance. They also showed no gratitude for me declaring on someone to assist them even with no treaty, so now that its been shown that doesn't really matter to them, I doubt in the future anyone will do that for them.
[/quote]

Red: Rogues no longer allowed. Seems catchy.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314718910' post='2791006']
Yeah, they seem pretty fixated on $90m, so this might drag out for a while.

Edit: Also my tax collections are less than my bills even after I get out of anarchy, not sure how they expect me to pay any reps from near ZI. When I agreed to terms with GOONS, they offered to pay me for the tech, making my nation capable to send it out. Asking for huge amounts of money from a nation who has none isn't going to work.
[/quote]

I am so happy you hold us in such low regard after, when you attacked us, we simply ground you to dust, but rather than grind your nation out of the game as we were within range of doing, we let off, and even sent you aid specifically so you would not bill lock. Maybe NG is not going to be as generous?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1314719248' post='2791007']
And how is it exactly that we use our sanction? If I recall, when you rouged us we didn't sanction you, ZIed you, held you there, bill locked you, toyed with you there some more, then aided you out of bill lock because I'm such a damn nice fellow.

You're a very strange little man.
[/quote]
That you fill requests without giving it much thought,

8/24/2011 2:15:12 AM - I join the alliance MAD.
8/24/2011 8:12:23 PM - Nation from Non Grata declares on a nation in MAD.

While that war was still in progress I attacked Non Grata in response, so has what the international community decided is that if you're in a small alliance or unaligned, if you get attacked by tech raider you better accept peace or risk being sanctioned everywhere?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314719497' post='2791009']

While that war was still in progress I attacked Non Grata in response, so has what the international community decided is that if you're in a small alliance or unaligned, if you get attacked by tech raider you better accept peace or risk being sanctioned everywhere?
[/quote]

You were attacked by no one. You chose a random NG target and initiated a nuclear war.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1314719628' post='2791010']
You were attacked by no one. You chose a random NG target and initiated a nuclear war.
[/quote]
Penkala took the opportunity when I did that spy op joking around to nuke my alliance mate who did nothing to provoke it, so Penkala was in range and deserved it for his actions against my alliance mate. No one spied on Penkala or attacked him, but he intitated Nuclear War with another nation who had no nukes of his own. I was just going by the same procedures Non Grata used in responding to acts of aggression on an alliance mate, nuking alliance members who weren't responsible for the attack. Also the one who attacked wasn't in my range.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I do believe it's more the case that NPO took a pretty firm stance against a rogue, and not that they're sticking their nose into other people's business, that they're supporting the hegemony, etc etc etc. Course, since you're the one on the receiving end of their actions here, you're making no effort to be objective about it.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314719497' post='2791009']

[/quote]

The important detail that you've left out is that, while MAD and their protectors were taking the diplomatic (read: conventional) route in resolving the situation, you, completely of your own accord, initiated military operations (and not even against the original NGer).

Seems to me that the international community you speak of has made clear just how it views rogues.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1314720206' post='2791016']
The important detail that you've left out is that, while MAD and their protectors were taking the diplomatic (read: conventional) route in resolving the situation, you, completely of your own accord, initiated military operations (and not even against the original NGer).

Seems to me that the international community you speak of has made clear just how it views rogues.
[/quote]
That we had different ideas on how to respond to the attack, doesn't change the reasoning for it and the fact that a Non Grata nation was the first to break the peace.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314720298' post='2791018']
That we had different ideas on how to respond to the attack, doesn't change the reasoning for it and the fact that a Non Grata nation was the first to break the peace.
[/quote]

Except NG didn't break the peace it had enjoyed between their alliance and your nation, you did. You weren't first attacked, an individual that shared your AA was. And the government of that alliance, as is their responsibility, addressed it as they saw fit.

*edited for clarity

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1314720553' post='2791020']
Except NG broke no peace that you speak of. You weren't first attacked, an individual that shared your AA was. And the government of that alliance, as is their responsibility, addressed it as they saw fit.
[/quote]
An attack on an alliance member, I consider the same as an attack on me. Just as you guys probably view it the same way. Get attacked, then accept peace with no retaliation and just prove to be profitable for tech raiders isn't my style.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314720679' post='2791021']
An attack on an alliance member, I consider the same as an attack on me. Just as you guys probably view it the same way. Get attacked, then accept peace with no retaliation and just prove to be profitable for tech raiders isn't my style.
[/quote]

And that's where you're way out in left field on this one. The attack was neither endorsed by NG nor was the action you took endorsed by your alliance at the time.

You're a rogue and the consequences of that - the sanctions, the demands, etc - are all completely justified to just about everyone other than you.

My god Methrage. You're a rogue. You got sanctioned. This whole "who started it first" argument is moot because you're technically the one that started all this !@#$ to begin with. I called this happening when you first started spying on NG. And now here we are.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1314720893' post='2791023']
And that's where you're way out in left field on this one. The attack was neither endorsed by NG nor was the action you took endorsed by your alliance at the time.

You're a rogue and the consequences of that - the sanctions, the demands, etc - are all completely justified to just about everyone other than you.
[/quote]
It was endorsed by a portion of the alliance, that they didn't want to fight just made it logical to split off from them. I was in no way a rogue attacking for no reason.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1314720961' post='2791024']
My god Methrage. You're a rogue. You got sanctioned. This whole "who started it first" argument is moot because you're technically the one that started all this !@#$ to begin with. I called this happening when you first started spying on NG. And now here we are.
[/quote]
Rogue I consider a meaningless term with how most are using it, as it can basically apply to anyone who isn't in a protected alliance who chooses to retaliate when attacked by a larger tech raiding alliance. If someone gets attacked, then declares 3 wars on that alliance in response, is he a rogue if he's not protected and just relying on his own strength to fight?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314718910' post='2791006']
[/quote]

I see no reason why this should engender any sympathy from the world community. You've made your name as a disruptive hyena. Apparently a rather unstable one at that. One that is quite happy to pick on weaker and smaller creatures (read: Those without wonders). Yet when the lions with claws of their own come you scream and cry "Foul Play! How dare you use your claws?" despite the fact your own claws are stained with blood.

As a smaller nation and a leader whose people could find themselves dying when unstable scum like yourself attacks, I applaud the efforts of various nations to split your head open and leave you for dead or at least the point you're forced to decomission the military base of your banana republic.

To those nations thinking of aiding this petty, attention seeking, scavenger, please remember you have alliance mates and business partners of your own in his range. Succoring him today might provide some amusement but tomorrow, next week, or next month his inherent instability could cause him to turn on your own lower tier or tech sellers. Stay your hand and let an annoyance to all be ground into dust.

Edited by Johan