Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314726294' post='2791094']
Yeah, this debate just seems to be going circles. They give their perspective on the issue, I present mine, others such as nippy throw in what they think every few pages. So continuing here is pointless, as I think everything has been said a few times by now with the arguing back and forth.
[/quote]

I dare to disagree. It's not that the debate is going in circles per se, it's that despite your considerable experience as rogue - you are apparently completely missing the point that is talked about. Or talked of (the point being - there's no actual debate going on here).

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314668217' post='2790724']
So the sanctions are just there to help you get whatever that extra something you want with peace, guess we'll see what terms all these alliances are supporting with their sanctions when I get them.
[/quote]
[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314677989' post='2790828']
The only permanent term I would be willing to agree to is not to attack Non Grata again, unless they attack me or an alliance mate first.
[/quote]
[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314714889' post='2790985']
I'm not paying $90m in reps considering a Non Grata nation attacked someone of the same alliance affiliation and that war was still ongoing when I attacked in response. I'm willing to pay up to 500 tech to get the sanctions removed and end the war.

They also messed up the trades of 5 of their own members, but I guess to them it was worth it to show they can take action in a situation which has nothing to do with them.
[/quote]
[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314718910' post='2791006']
Yeah, they seem pretty fixated on $90m, so this might drag out for a while.
Edit: Also my tax collections are less than my bills even after I get out of anarchy, not sure how they expect me to pay any reps from near ZI. When I agreed to terms with GOONS, they offered to pay me for the tech, making my nation capable to send it out. Asking for huge amounts of money from a nation who has none isn't going to work.
[/quote]
[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314722002' post='2791041']
Regardless, the fact remains its impossible for my nation to send the reps being asked. My counter offer of 500 tech is still probably more than my nation can pay, but I was willing to try to make that work, even if I feel Non Grata provoked the war and they were the aggressors.
[/quote]

Since all arguments are lost on you, let me provide with a (classic!) visual aid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TmeBd9338

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1314731442' post='2791144']
words
[/quote]
Congrats on bringing up a point of view that's already been said, I'm not going to bother giving a serious response to the same things being said over and over again. I thought if I assisted NPO when they came under attack, I would be safe from sanctions on the red sphere. I was clearly wrong on that point and shouldn't of thought it made a difference to them.

Also 2 man alliance is still an alliance, even if you disagree. I've offered to pay up to 1,000 tech, despite my nation being in ruins itself and me not being sure even how I'll manage to pay it. With my nation in ruins, needing to be rebuilt and for me to fix my trades before I even get a decent income, with the trades being lost making extra difficult to build up to a level where I make a surplus of money within a reasonable time. If 1,000 tech isn't enough for you guys, you can go ahead and ZI/ZT me, then see if you can extract reps from a ZI nation and how long the sanctions hold.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Lord Hershey' timestamp='1314735905' post='2791183']
Cool, I'll do a tech deal with you then?
[/quote]
Sure, get the sanction removed from me on red and whatever color you're on, then send the money. Although 9/2 I can move to grey.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314736062' post='2791184']
Sure, get the sanction removed from me on red and whatever color you're on, then send the money.
[/quote]

Not sure what to do about the sanction but we'll do a tech deal after you get unsanctioned. :)

Tech is hard to get these days anyway.

[quote name='Lord Hershey' timestamp='1314736164' post='2791185']
Not sure what to do about the sanction but we'll do a tech deal after you get unsanctioned. :)

Tech is hard to get these days anyway.
[/quote]
Not sure how long I'll be sanctioned on purple, but sounds like a plan.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314719977' post='2791014']
Penkala took the opportunity when I did that spy op joking around to nuke my alliance mate who did nothing to provoke it, so Penkala was in range and deserved it for his actions against my alliance mate. No one spied on Penkala or attacked him, but he intitated Nuclear War with another nation who had no nukes of his own. I was just going by the same procedures Non Grata used in responding to acts of aggression on an alliance mate, nuking alliance members who weren't responsible for the attack. Also the one who attacked wasn't in my range.
[/quote]

So what about those members of Non Grata you chose to attack who had nothing to do with you or your little spy op pissing contest? You complain about someone attacking Nicholai for their grudge against you when you do the exact same thing.

Edited by Wemedge

90 million is fairly lenient reps. Methrage has a history of going rogue on weak defenseless PB nations with no MHP or SDI. I would suggest leveling the field and ask for 1500 tech and a decom of the WRC, SDI and HNMS wonders. I am normally not in favor of wonder removal in terms but I feel this a special case. It's a guy who has numerous second chances and white peace offers. He always uses these offers to go rogue when has built some nukes and a small warchest.

Edited by Timmehhh

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314587562' post='2790332']
You didn't remove the sanction from me, so you became involved through inaction. I did vote for you doing so I can't switch off red and have always given you my vote for the red senate, so you should remove it though. ;)
[/quote]
Yes, because your one vote matters so much to him.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1314745294' post='2791258']
90 million is fairly lenient reps. Methrage has a history of going rogue on weak defenseless PB nations with no MHP or SDI. I would suggest leveling the field and ask for 1500 tech and a decom of the WRC, SDI and HNMS wonders. I am normally not in favor of wonder removal in terms but I feel this a special case. It's a guy who has numerous second chances and white peace offers. He always uses these offers to go rogue when has built some nukes and a small warchest.
[/quote]
Yea, I don't support wonder decom, but Methrage really is a poster child for bringing it back. Improvement decom. would almost be as effective too. I'd give someone 1, even 2 chances, but this is getting ridiculous.

And you can easily pay $90m Methrage. Just ask all your "tech dealers" who are merely funneling you cash with limited and sometimes no payback in tech.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1314751637' post='2791312']
Yea, I don't support wonder decom, but Methrage really is a poster child for bringing it back. Improvement decom. would almost be as effective too. I'd give someone 1, even 2 chances, but this is getting ridiculous.

And you can easily pay $90m Methrage. Just ask all your "tech dealers" who are merely funneling you cash with limited and sometimes no payback in tech.
[/quote]
lol, I can pay $90m even when ZI and having negative income after bills, plus no trades making it that much more difficult to rebuild quickly while paying money I don't have. Let me just pull that $90m out from my $6.16 warchest. :awesome:

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314758432' post='2791384']
lol, I can pay $90m even when ZI and having negative income after bills, plus no trades making it that much more difficult to rebuild quickly while paying money I don't have. Let me just pull that $90m out from my $6.16 warchest. :awesome:
[/quote]

You being a lousy saver and having no war planning skills doesn't mean we aren't going to take from your hide what is due to us.

i think wonder and improvement decoming would be the best sort of help methrage could get right now, clearly the red button is all to tempting for him to press.
He has a disease and we need to help him
[img]http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/import/season_09/sp_0914_05_v6.jpg?width=480[/img]

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1314762015' post='2791416']
I pretty much agree that forget reps really. Just force Methrage to decom his WRC, MP, SDI, and HNMS. Just think, it will help him save money on bills too.
[/quote]
I wouldn't do that even if I could, but you realize that is impossible right?

Edit: Also while we're open to peace, me and my alliance mate after discussing it have decided a surrender involving reps is not in our interest. If Non Grata wants tech, we could work out some type of plan where I sell them tech at a good rate. Although with our nations in ruins and nothing to lose (as well as our nations not in any condition to be able to send reps), we will stand our ground even when our nations can't fight anymore if Non Grata wants to keep attacking and treat this as a long term war with no end in sight if even Non Grata isn't satisfied with a ZI.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Black Soil' timestamp='1314770293' post='2791507']
Congrats Non Grata. Sorry for the MAD incident... As head of the Military and basically second in command I am sorry for the stupid acts of a new member.
[/quote]
I was a member though, something Non Grata has tried saying I never was to gain support for their sanctions.

im glad you didnt try to debate the stupid part in that post and went solely for the member issue, good choice.

[quote]I wouldn't do that even if I could, but you realize that is impossible right?[/quote]
I know the MP cant be destroyed but they same cant be said from your SDI,HNMS and WRC all of that would be possible and beneficial in keeping you out of the grownup's hair as you run around trying to bully others.

Edited by Systemfailure

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1314772565' post='2791516']
im glad you didnt try to debate the stupid part in that post and went solely for the member issue, good choice.

I know the MP cant be destroyed but they same cant be said from your SDI,HNMS and WRC all of that would be possible and beneficial in keeping you out of the grownup's hair as you run around trying to bully others.
[/quote]
With my wonders as the only thing important I have to lose, I would never destroy them for peace. Even fighting GOONS I was sanctioned losing all my trades at the start and ZIed a few times, but kept rebuilding from it for months of nuclear war against their lower tiers, might as well try that instead as I have nothing to lose from it. Surrendering to bad terms would be the most damaging thing I could do to myself at this point, so that will only cause me not to surrender, just as with GOONS I never gave into wonder decommission terms and kept at it until they didn't bother asking for that as a condition to peace.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1314776208' post='2791533']
Methrage, I suggest you decommission your magical war unicorn. The fumes from the rainbow horsey flatulence are obviously getting to you. :wacko:
[/quote]
You had me rolling with this one nippy, this sir is amazing.