Unjustified aggression

silverion

Should be exists an UNO (United Nations Organization) in this game?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The sad truth here is that if you're not in an alliance or protected, you will be attacked. While some may sympathize with your plight, helping you is simply not a political reality. If you would like to be part of a neutral peace-loving group, I'd recommend the Green Protection Agency. They're very nice.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a right to exist, although you might need to fight for it if you want freedom from unjustified aggression. Nobody tends to attack my nation unless I decide to involve myself in a war first, as any potential raiders know well what a raid on me would entail.

Edit: As for the poll, I voted "Not Sure", if you're willing to fight for it, then you should exist. If you're not willing to fight for it, then I'm not sure its worth doing. I've never had the need to get protectorates and personally enjoy the freedom of making my own choices without another alliance having some say in it, with the protectors often times feeling they should have some say in what the alliance they are protecting can or can not do without their prior approval.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='silverion' timestamp='1311859880' post='2766119']
Hello everybody:

I'm under attack of 'Nicolas Sarkozy III' (Nouvelle France) and be threatened by 'jacobin' (The United DMZ), both members of Monarch Order. I suppose they have decided to choose me as easy target because I am a small country and specially because I don't belong any alliance.

I have already received many offers to joint alliances (great and fantastic alliances) but as independent and neutral country I have decided to remain alone. This doesn't mean I don't want to strenght relationships with other countries or alliances, but I wouldn't like to choose only one.

Has "none" allied countries no right to be in peace in this cyber world?

Greetings,
Silverion,
The President of the Humble, Pride but still underdeveloped Nation of Idilia
[/quote]

Join GPA or another nuetral alliance. Simple fact of the matter, tech raiding excists because its profitable and might makes right (thats the reality that isn't going to change because that is how war works). Nuetral alliance won't interfere with your soveriegnity and will let you buy infa and collect taxes (pretty boring if you ask me) as long as you want. They may also allow you to (if you want) to engage in a nation building program (this is offered in non nuetral alliances as well).

Posting will only draw attention to your nation and will result in more tech raiding.

My advice, peace out with raiders, join an alliance (it might be best to have the alliance negotiate with you so you won't get raided as soon as the raids get peaced out). Make sure you join an alliance the correct way instead of ghosting the aa (find their forum).

Raiding is actually good for the community as a whole. It motivates the none to join alliances and gets involve in the world business. This, in turn, will foster inter-nation interactions, cooperation, and introduce competition and conflict.

Join an alliance, and you will enjoy the game better, much better.

Some CN players already tried a UN type organization, it failed spectacularly.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/CNARF

As for your current situation, I would recommended you join a neutral alliance if you do not want to participate in too many wars. But it is not 100% effective, nothing is.

Edited by Prime minister Johns

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' timestamp='1311938559' post='2766890']
Some CN players already tried a UN type organization, it failed spectacularly.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/CNARF

As for your current situation, I would recommended you join a neutral alliance if you do not want to participate in too many wars. But it is not 100% effective, nothing is.
[/quote]

The causes of that failure were in my opinion:
1.- The President of the UN was not elected by the members. Here is not a point of charisma or leadership, is more important to reach a consensus.

2.- I don't want an UN as another Alliance in this game, that would be redundant.

3.- All the alliances in this game, specially the most powerful, have to agree in order to found a global UN. As I have said before, consensus is the key. Right of veto would be surely entitled to the top of them.

4.- Egoism and lack of moral values of many of nations. Lack of capacity to solve conflicts without war. It is always wrong to act in one way while wishing that everyone else would act otherwise. Lack of communication capacity.

5.- The general opinion that war is fun, and peace is boring.

As someone said: “If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.”

Raiding is here to stay. You can't fight city hall sonny. There's simply no interest in a war to end raiding. You can emerge from the primordial soup of the unaligned masses and join an alliance (or protected AA) like us evolved beings, or you can continue to be raided.

[quote name='silverion' timestamp='1311888532' post='2766411']
Thanks to all the civilized nations for their reply.
I know that in this violent world is difficult to understand positions like mine.
In any case I will go on trying to seek the support of the international community to condemn these practices of looting and raiding.

(Sorry for my poor english)
[/quote]

PARTISAN TO THE RESCUE! :smug:

[quote name='silverion' timestamp='1311957415' post='2767020']
The causes of that failure were in my opinion:
1.- The President of the UN was not elected by the members. Here is not a point of charisma or leadership, is more important to reach a consensus.[/quote]

Well, having read the wiki on it, it actually looks more like the failure was a matter of people/alliance deciding to target the group as opposed to anything else. If you haven't already done so, ask the founder's opinion on the matter.

Fact is, I'm sympathetic to your arguments but really really don't think it's worth all the trouble. However - feel free to spend your time doing what you want.

[quote name='silverion' timestamp='1311957415' post='2767020']
As someone said: “If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.”
[/quote]

There's the crux of the issue right there, my friend. No one wants different results. 95%+ of people who play this game either encourage raiding of unaligned nations or just plain don't care. When the results are considered agreeable, no one will change. No incentive.

-Drac

The unfortunate fact is that in this game it is almost impossible to advance whilst standing alone. On the bright side there are alliances of every description imaginable . You should be able to find at least one that supports your ideals . Good Luck .

I think you can probably survive alone if you are armed to the teeth, i.e. defcon 1, 5 guerilla camps, full complement of soldiers and tanks and the best airforce you can afford. Also helps to have nukes. Basically, raiders want easy targets. Very few of them are masochists who are looking to get beat up. The trouble with this strategy is that it is so costly you will make very little money and very little progress.

Even then you may still get attacked occasionally. I did once while unaligned but it was the raider who lost most of his tech! :)

Edited by Torleif