Unjustified aggression

silverion

Should be exists an UNO (United Nations Organization) in this game?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everybody:

I'm under attack of 'Nicolas Sarkozy III' (Nouvelle France) and be threatened by 'jacobin' (The United DMZ), both members of Monarch Order. I suppose they have decided to choose me as easy target because I am a small country and specially because I don't belong any alliance.

I have already received many offers to joint alliances (great and fantastic alliances) but as independent and neutral country I have decided to remain alone. This doesn't mean I don't want to strenght relationships with other countries or alliances, but I wouldn't like to choose only one.

Has "none" allied countries no right to be in peace in this cyber world?

Greetings,
Silverion,
The President of the Humble, Pride but still underdeveloped Nation of Idilia

Edited by silverion

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='silverion' timestamp='1311859880' post='2766119']
Hello everybody:

I'm under attack of 'Nicolas Sarkozy III' (Nouvelle France) and be threatened by 'jacobin' (The United DMZ), both members of Monarch Order. I suppose they have decided to choose me as easy target because I am a small country and specially because I don't belong any alliance.

I have already received many offers to joint alliances (great and fantastic alliances) but as independent and neutral country I have decided to remain alone. This doesn't mean I don't want to strenght relationships with other countries or alliances, but I wouldn't like to choose only one.

Has "none" allied countries no right to be in peace in this cyber world?

Greetings,
Silverion,
The President of the Humble, Pride but still underdeveloped Nation of Idilia
[/quote]

No doubt you will be hearing from the next goon in your range after posting this. The answer to your question is, you're unprotected and thus open to attack from alliances like mine.

You have 3 choices really.

Hope you go unnoticed while NONE, (unlikely due to our superb raiding abilities)

Get protection from an alliance and fly the protection in your bio.

Join an alliance for protection.

I can assure you by posting this topic you just make it easier for people to notice you're not protected and open for raiding.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

These people are [i]never[/i] in my range.

You may not want to, but you should join an alliance. There are plenty of neutral alliances who never get involved in global politics or war that you can join if that is what you want - to be left alone. Otherwise, there are plenty of alliances out there that would gladly take you as a member and show you the ropes.

Edited by Emperor Marx

The point of having a right (or no right) to exist is moot if there is nobody enforcing it, and that is how it is in this world. People can argue for or against raiding (the term of the thing that happened to you now), but then again nobody can ever protect all the "NONE"s even if they wanted to. Personal protection is possible though if you know the right people.

So in your case, you can either join an alliance, sought a protection somewhere, enter peace mode, or simply live with reality.

I've been told ONU would be a translation of UN, as in, United Nations.

As for the rest, I think your best option would be to find a way to make peace with the raiders and join an alliance, like the neutrals suggested by Emperor Marx.

I can see why you're mad, but to be frank, you have no rights, other than the one to exist. (And that one is quite recent). A while back, alliances could force you to quit the game. So in that sense it is a privilege. Whether you like it or not, you have to join an alliance, or the raids will never stop.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1311860973' post='2766135']
You have a right to exist. You have no right to exist in peace[/quote]

This ^

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1311860973' post='2766135']unless you can force others to respect it.
[/quote]

True in theory. However, don't be fooled. No one has quite figured out how to do that yet. There are things that you can do to avoid war more often than not. Joining an alliance that focuses on peace is one. I suggest a good and well protected tech trading alliance.

However, don't EVER expect that you are entirely safe. :war:

That's a mistake. Some people don't care if you declare yourself neutral or not, and you can't control what they do.

Welcome to Planet Bob.

Sadly, the NONE sphere just doesn't have the power to self-protect, and efforts to create such power have ended disastrously. You do need power to exist in peace, and you won't find it unaligned. One option is to sign a single nation protectorate treaty with someone more powerful, keeping your sovereignty somewhat intact and allowing for you to exist peacefully within the extent of your protectors power. I think Krack or some such has worked out this arrangement, though with some semantics thrown in. Otherwise, find like minded players and band together, community norms afford protection on simply meeting a certain member count.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1311861193' post='2766140']
The only rights you have are the ones laid out in the CN ToS.

Anything else is a privilege that needs to be defended with force of arms.[/quote]

There are some customary things we do around here that have become ingrained into the culture but for the most part...I'm going to have to agree with this statement. It's a pretty Darwinian environment we've created here.

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1311866325' post='2766204']I think Krack or some such has worked out this arrangement, though with some semantics thrown in.
[/quote]
Krack is a one man alliance these days and I believe his protectorate treaty is as such.

Voted Not Sure cuz I don't know wtf UNO is, other than a card game. The card game should exist, this I know, but I have a feeling that isn't what you meant. Maybe you should edit your OP to explain what UNO is.

As far as rights to exist/not being attacked while being None goes, you can exist. As far as not getting attacked, Peace Mode is the only way to avoid that. (Don't do it though cuz raiding is fun)

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1311869443' post='2766227']
Just change your team color to Maroon and your alliance affiliation to RIA Trade Partner, and you have protection
[/quote]
Do you not at least require them to actually trade with you?

While this is going to sound completely crazy, there are many nations every day that quit the game because of the very reason you outlined. They want to exist in peace without being troubled, and while not in an alliance. The problem becomes that when its 1 on 1 the raider has no reason to fear their target. When it becomes 1 v. a potential of 3, it becomes much more of a risk, and while most alliances will say they don't, they do. If nations retaliate as a result of the raid, they will send more nations and eventually it becomes a war, even if the raiding alliance chooses not to call it such. What you need to do is create an alliance for such nations, find a protector willing to let you life this life style, and when you see nations your situation message them and explain what your about. As more join your cause you will gain more force of arms and be able to handle protecting your own. Yes this kind of defeats the purpose, but it makes an interesting idea.

The closest thing you will find that will make you happy would be joining one of the team trade partner alliances. There is no obligation to do anything but sit on that specific color and wear the AA.

May I suggest Brown Trade Partner as your AA. Lord knows Brown needs the trades, and you will be protected from raiders.

Thanks to all the civilized nations for their reply.
I know that in this violent world is difficult to understand positions like mine.
In any case I will go on trying to seek the support of the international community to condemn these practices of looting and raiding.

(Sorry for my poor english)

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1311872481' post='2766248']
Voted Not Sure cuz I don't know wtf UNO is, other than a card game. The card game should exist, this I know, but I have a feeling that isn't what you meant. Maybe you should edit your OP to explain what UNO is.

As far as rights to exist/not being attacked while being None goes, you can exist. As far as not getting attacked, Peace Mode is the only way to avoid that. (Don't do it though cuz raiding is fun)
[/quote]

United Nations Organization, from his title.

It's an interesting concept but the last time someone tried a World Police type thing it ended in a massive world war.

the UNO would have to at least the size of a modern bloc to carry any kind of weight or deter something like Pandora's Box from it's raiding policies. like CSM said, if you want to be independent, you need to have the capacity to make attacking you unprofittable.

short of nuclear weapons, that's not really possible.