Varianz accused of inter-alliance spying

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Konkrage1' timestamp='1309624058' post='2746920']
We could totally wreck NSO's world and still pay reps without missing a single payment... And tech deal... And continue growing as an alliance...

My nation is open for spying. I dare someone :)
[/quote]

How cute. You must have flipped from Low threat level up to severe between last night and now. Last night I had you tagged at 70% odds, but now it's only 50%. I'm surprised you didn't hit peace mode yet to further delve into your Legion combat training.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1309625401' post='2746934']
Taking a quick glance I can see a few NSO nations lacking in spies that shouldn't be. You know that whole don't throw stones in glass houses thing? Yea, that applies.
[/quote]
so shut up and do it. turnabout is fairplay and such

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1309634559' post='2747049']
so shut up and do it. turnabout is fairplay and such
[/quote]

The comment wasn't meant as that, it was just to point out that pretty much everyone has newbs who don't maintain their nation correctly.

I'm a hippy, not a warmonger.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1309637896' post='2747079']
The comment wasn't meant as that, it was just to point out that pretty much everyone has newbs who don't maintain their nation correctly.

I'm a hippy, not a warmonger.
[/quote]

Most alliances don't concentrate their newbs in the 70k+ NS tier. Legion apparently does.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1309633049' post='2747038']
I was talking to a member of Legion yesterday and even he said that he was embarrassed about some of the Legion Posters out here. :v:
[/quote]

The problem is that the Legion members that could show their alliance in a better light, are the ones who have the sense to avoid the sort of topics that started this in the first place. So the only ones who post are the ones who really shouldn't be.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1309638041' post='2747083']
Most alliances don't concentrate their newbs in the 70k+ NS tier. Legion apparently does.
[/quote]

The ones I looked at were in my range. I'm 50k NS.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1309640552' post='2747106']
Either that, or I believe NSO would have a sudden spike in membership.
[/quote]
Meh... It's not really like they'd need the help. Though maybe Xiph can join, get a little disbandment action going [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ehm.gif[/img]

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1309625401' post='2746934']
Taking a quick glance I can see a few NSO nations lacking in spies that shouldn't be. You know that whole don't throw stones in glass houses thing? Yea, that applies.
[/quote]

Oh please Thrash. Legion decided to go on for pages about how they have a better military than NSO, and how their warchests were [i]sooo[/i] much better. They asked for proof, and the world responded. Hell, even more so when they claimed it was "cherry-picking." Don't throw stones in glass houses? Tell that to Legion. They did everything short of putting a big neon sign up saying "please make fun of our stupidity."

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1309640783' post='2747107']
Meh... It's not really like they'd need the help. Though maybe Xiph can join, get a little disbandment action going [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ehm.gif[/img]
[/quote]

You want the entire cyberverse to implode? Shame on you!

Sup [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=306712]LeonidasRexII?[/url] :smug:

[quote]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Fharraige. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Taoism
Desired Government: Revolutionary Government
Threat Level: Low
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 20
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: 6/22/2011
Total Money: $23,107,801
Technology: 2,144.80 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 6/26/2011 7:08:03 PM
Trade Partners: Queendom of Freddie, Kadafi, Keelties, Simonian Empire, WV United Republic
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 0
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 0
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0

Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.
[/quote]

Here's another for good measure, so you don't have to be the only Legioner embarrassed by this post!

[quote]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of JUAREZ. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Shinto
Desired Government: Monarchy
Threat Level: Low
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 105
Last Nuke Purchase: 7/1/2011 1:51:58 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 2/9/2011
Total Money: $12,681,531
Technology: 320.00 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/1/2011 1:51:00 AM
Trade Partners: Rubble Town, Zion Republic, Advena, Dragons State
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 50
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 450
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0

Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.
[/quote]

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1309641242' post='2747110']
Oh please Thrash. Legion decided to go on for pages about how they have a better military than NSO, and how their warchests were [i]sooo[/i] much better. They asked for proof, and the world responded. Hell, even more so when they claimed it was "cherry-picking." Don't throw stones in glass houses? Tell that to Legion. They did everything short of putting a big neon sign up saying "please make fun of our stupidity."
[/quote]

I'm not pointing fingers in any specific direction, I'm pointing them in every direction.

Disregarding everything else, I'm just talking about being able to prevent spy ops.

... wow. Just wow. I feel such pity for you Legion. I want to help you be the semi-satisfactory shell of an alliance that you once were. You can hire me as an outside consultant for 30 tech per day. I'll teach your members complex strategies with which to improve their nations. Here's a freebie:
You can't use bombers to defend.

Before the war, Konkrage had ~2.5b. I assume he's hovering at around 1-1.5b now. Although with his infra level that is still rather low, he has just rebought infra so it's expected. There is one other Legion guy with a decent warchest iirc, although I can't remember his name. The rest were all very poor.

Hey I will spy Legion in hopes they DoW on TORN.. I mean we are significantly smaller then them I believe. We are only 34 lil ol' nations.. I dunno for sure cause I mainly don't care, but I am positive they totally outnumber us, so they my grow a bit of a back bone, and do something more then post a thread of idiocy... and coming from me, I am sure most of the cyberverse will agree.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1309645606' post='2747147']
I'm not pointing fingers in any specific direction, I'm pointing them in every direction.

Disregarding everything else, I'm just talking about being able to prevent spy ops.
[/quote]

Is every direction NSO?

/me looks at your posts

Dear citizens of the Cyberverse,

Over the last couple of days, allegations have been made regarding the actions of the New Sith Order. Sith are creatures ruled by our passions. Our alliance is often impulsive, reckless, even outright self-destructive. Many of you have seen such tendencies in us before. Every so often, an incident like this arises. This time, however, I can assure you all that I personally, and no other member of the NSO, has been involved. Here in this thread, all that is shown is that members of The Legion are ashamed of their past actions, and seek to project this shame onto others. I am deeply disappointed.

Never before have I seen such baseless claims made with such false confidence. God forbid that I have a Communist government. And simply because I was in range of the originally spied nations in no way implicates me. Briefly looking at in game statistics, I can see hundreds of other nations in range of the victim nation. Other than that, there are many alliances outside of the NSO who hate The Legion. Undeniably, we have been vocal recently about our hatred, but simply speaking out is not a crime in the Cyberverse. There are no laws against freedom of information. It is no longer acceptable to make such base accusations, and to threaten people for simply speaking their mind. Those dark times are gone, and should remain buried. Let us not forget that Legion themselves have a dark history behind them. Ever followers, they enabled some of the worst crimes of the Hegemonic era. Going forward, they avoided fighting whenever possible, the brave peace mode warriors. In the last war, they were so cowardly that they let alliances a quarter their size bear the brunt of more fighting than they. Of course, they will claim otherwise, and yes, they did eventually fight, not that coming out one by one did a lot of good. Now, I hope that you can see the truth of my words and of my defense.

Edited by Varianz