Varianz accused of inter-alliance spying

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I LeonidasRexII do hereby accuse Varianz of [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=410079"]Teltaria[/url] of commiting an Act of Espionage on the Legion nation [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=434079"]CluelessLand[/url]. On more than one occasion Varianz posted classified national information on Cluelessland. The most blatant of these public leaks can be seen here - [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103058&view=findpost&p=2746189"]http://forums.cybern...dpost&p=2746189[/url]

It is my contention that Varianz was the one to first commit an Act of Espionage, and then publicly divulge that information. I submit the following evidence for your consideration:

Directly after warchest information was said to have been gathered Varianz made this statement.
[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309552029' post='2746171']
***for the curious, that information was PMed to me by an unnamed source. I will respect his or her wishes to remain anonymous :) .
[/quote]

I believe this to be an attempt by the perpetrator to develop an alibi and distance himself from the infraction.

The following is evidence I gathered and posted in the thread of the original dispute.

[quote]
Cluelessland has been spied on, and said culprit would have to have motive, means, and opportunity to commit such an attack. It is my firm belief that members of the NSO possess all of those in spades. The current dispute involves several NSO members and Mr. TheMan, but the most directly involved have been NSO members Varianz, and RV. They have both leveled and been the subject of damaging accusations in this argument. Therefore they have ample motive, and dare I say much more motive than any other NSO membert, to commit this attack. Means is the easiest of all to determine as it's been documented that the victim had zero spies with which to defend himself so both Varianz and RV had means. As to opportunity Cluelessland has a NS of 11,102 which puts nations that would be able to spy on him in a range of 8327 - 14766 NS. Both Varianz and RV are in the acceptable range so they both have opportunity. However may I point to my Exhibit #1:

[img]http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/482/2953857295.png[/img]

Of all 14 nations in NSO within the acceptable range Varianz is the only NSOer who currently has their government set to Communist, one of three government types that boosts Spy Attack odds. None of the other NSO nations in range have governments set to one that boosts Spy Attack odds.[/quote]

Based on the analysis of motive, means, and opportunity along with the fact that Varianz is the one who revealed the information in the first place I would have to conclude that the most likely suspect would be Varianz. Despite his claim that "information was PMed to me by an unnamed source" the available evidence points most strongly in his direction.

The evidence is circumstantial, but I believe that there is enough pieces of evidence when all taken together reduce the circumstantial nature of that evidence to near surety.

I have given the accused a chance to defend himself against the evidence I presented, but he only submitted the following:

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309564633' post='2746289']
I did not have sexual relations with that wom- er...I mean I deny all such accusations of spying. Prove it :smug:
[/quote]

Having presented my evidence and given the accused a chance to present his I will now leave it up to you the kind citizens of Planet Bob.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a joke?

Also, if you read it, Rebel_Virginia seems to have done it. Come on. He just posted /another/ spy report.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

So, if you're so sure they spied on you, why aren't you declaring war on them? You did, after all, just spend like 20 pages of a different thread talking about how much better you are at war than they are. Sounds like a great opportunity to put your money where your mouth is, to me.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1309570704' post='2746387']
Come at us broseph, we've never rolled anyone for no reason before :awesome:

Unless you count RAD...but that was only what...48h?
[/quote]
Didn't you guys pull a number on ML during Karma as well? Or was that STA while you guys were on TPF? I forget which of you guys hit which alliance.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1309571925' post='2746412']
Didn't you guys pull a number on ML during Karma as well? Or was that STA while you guys were on TPF? I forget which of you guys hit which alliance.
[/quote]

I joined July of 09...can't help you there o.o

Voted guilty. It is clear to all that the NSO itself is guilty of supporting multiple spy attacks; a direct violation of Legion's sovereignty. I look forward to seeing the mighty armies of the Legion show the Sith their true strength.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1309571925' post='2746412']
[/quote]

NSO hit TPF, ML and DOOM during Karma. With STA and MK I believe, or some of them anyways.

[quote name='Rudolph' timestamp='1309572169' post='2746419']
Clearly, NSO is guilty

They're all spineless cowards who refused to- Oh wait, wrong alliance.

Still, some of them are pretty shifty. KainIIC comes to mind.

I got my eye on you KainIIC :((
[/quote]

I'm I pretty shifty person ;)

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1309572644' post='2746428']
Voted guilty. It is clear to all that the NSO itself is guilty of supporting multiple spy attacks; a direct violation of Legion's sovereignty. I look forward to seeing the mighty armies of the Legion show the Sith their true strength.
[/quote]

nearly spit out my coffee :P