Mutual Aggression and Hate on Legion and Invicta Pact

Jgoods45

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1309576029' post='2746475']
Thank you for your respectful responses, and I realise that this is just for kicks and that we are getting a bit OT. But my point still stands: Who do you think is going to join your side if this goading did develop into something more serious? I'm sure the current power structure would be greatly pleased by such a prospect. <Edit: Heck, they would probably use it as an excuse for another "preemptive strike" on NPO.>
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Rest assured, the powers you are referring to have no interest in hitting NPO again. Now that NPO is out of the way they have bigger fish to fry. NPO is safer now than they have been for awhile.[/color]

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309575397' post='2746470']Second, we hate them because they left us out to dry in the last war while they sat safely in hippie.[/quote]
Wasn't Peace Mode part of the NPO coalition's strategy? It's fair enough if you didn't want to go to Peace Mode, but criticising a strategy that arguably achieved its objective (i.e. presumably, of limiting the damage and extent of an unprovoked defensive war that was deemed to be unwinnable from the beginning) just seems to support DH's self-serving propaganda.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1309580100' post='2746544']
Wasn't Peace Mode part of the NPO coalition's strategy? It's fair enough if you didn't want to go to Peace Mode, but criticising a strategy that arguably achieved its objective (i.e. presumably, of limiting the damage and extent of an unprovoked defensive war that was deemed to be unwinnable from the beginning) just seems to support DH's self-serving propaganda.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Cycling in and out of peace mode was part of the coalition strategy. Sitting in peace mode for months on hand, as Legion did, for fear of losing large nations was not.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]Well, what do we have here? Information about a Legion member with 14k infra. I have almost as much saved up as he does, and in a few weeks time I'll have more than he.

What's more? The NSO has no nations big enough to spy on this fellow, and I could divulge the name of [i]this[/i] informer if I so please. But I won't. I'll say he's most definitely not NSO though.

[img]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq240/Rebel_Virginia/jazzlei.png[/img][/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309586100' post='2746660']
[color="#0000FF"]Well, what do we have here? Information about a Legion member with 14k infra. I have almost as much saved up as he does, and in a few weeks time I'll have more than he.

What's more? The NSO has no nations big enough to spy on this fellow, and I could divulge the name of [i]this[/i] informer if I so please. But I won't. I'll say he's most definitely not NSO though.

[img]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq240/Rebel_Virginia/jazzlei.png[/img][/color]
[/quote]
That's about 20 days of bills RV, surely you would never need more that that?

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1309587341' post='2746671']
so all we discovered is that NSO warchests per size tend to be, on average, 10-20x the amount of Legion's.
[/quote]

Kain...you just don't get it. You don't need warchests when you have heart and unity.

Ave Legio o/

[color="#0000FF"]My friends continue to provide information about the might Legion.

[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Kingdom Come 2. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Sikhism
Desired Government: Republic
Threat Level: Low
Tax Rate: 30%
[b]Number of Spies: 0[/b]
Last Nuke Purchase: 6/28/2011 7:38:19 PM
Last Wonder Purchase: 6/8/2011
Total Money: $852,984,690
Technology: 3,287.78 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/1/2011 9:57:37 AM
Trade Partners: Vinea, Hapland, vendeta, Dekuyper, Germany Reborn
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 0
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 0
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0
Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.[/quote]
[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Bitermeria. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Taoism
Desired Government: Republic
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 50
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: None
Total Money: $31,707,410
Technology: 50.00 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/2/2011 12:08:36 AM
Trade Partners: Jackalope Empire, Jamoney, REGNVM ROMANORVM, Republic Of Endorra
Navy Vessels:
# Corvettes: 0
# Landing Ships: 0
# Battleships: 0
# Cruisers: 0
# Frigates: 0
# Destroyers: 0
# Submarines: 0
# Aircraft Carriers: 0

Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified. [/quote]
[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Kerberos. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Buddhism
Desired Government: Capitalist
Number of Spies: 2
Last Wonder Purchase: 1/23/2010
Total Money: $29,098,302
Technology: 520.38 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/1/2011 7:24:39 AM
Trade Partners: Melidan, Arkdom, DRAGONS LAIR, De Bushalte, DelOrto
Navy Vessels:
# Corvettes: 0
# Landing Ships: 0
# Battleships: 0
# Cruisers: 0
# Frigates: 0
# Destroyers: 0
# Submarines: 0
# Aircraft Carriers: 0

And here's an 11k infra nation.

[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Dragons Den. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: Shinto
Desired Government: Monarchy
[b]Number of Spies: 0[/b]
Last Wonder Purchase: 6/9/2011
[b]Total Money: $166,235,195
Technology: 3,000.23 Level[/b]s
Last Bill Payment: 6/26/2011 12:58:28 AM
Trade Partners: Matropolis
Total Aircraft: 80
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 675
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 45
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0

And for you doubters who need proof of the authenticity of this terribleness.....[url="http://i.imgur.com/ghK8v.png"]I present.[/url][/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309570708' post='2746388']
All I have to say is that is amusing see NSO acting tough.
[/quote]
It comes natural.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309570708' post='2746388']
All I have to say is that is amusing see NSO acting tough.
[/quote]

I don't understand this statement, as it implies that we've acted differently in the past.

This thread went platinum overnight. You'd think that after the first couple, orders would have gone around to actually buy spies. But I guess those warchests wouldn't give them the $55m they needed.

Spy attacks, when successful (and they will always be successful if you don't buy spies), can't be proved. I too strongly suspect Varianz and/or RV of the early attacks, probably with a large GOON and MK doing some of the later ones. But there is no way you can prove that and therefore no way you can do anything about it. Buy spies, so the spy odds are less good, and people will stop for fear of being caught. (Even against you, alliances will not wish to tar themselves with the hegemonic brush by being seen to support spy attacks on an alliance.)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1309586100' post='2746660']

[/quote]
Setting aside the cash and spies, how do you get to 15k infra with no SDI or FAFB and yet have a WRC? I mean holy crap, who has a WRC and no SDI? I'm completely dumbfounded.

While I have to admit that I got quite the kick out of it last night, in the interest of good sportsmanship, I think it's gone on long enough. Legion has been embarrassed at both NSO's hands and their own, and it's time to let them go get their house in order and let the mockery die.

If any alliance did this to NSO, there would be a war declaration. As much as I love the Sith, let's just let this one go for now, hm?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1309617674' post='2746865']
While I have to admit that I got quite the kick out of it last night, in the interest of good sportsmanship, I think it's gone on long enough. Legion has been embarrassed at both NSO's hands and their own, and it's time to let them go get their house in order and let the mockery die.

If any alliance did this to NSO, there would be a war declaration. As much as I love the Sith, let's just let this one go for now, hm?
[/quote]
Damn you and your voice of reason. But yeah. We had our shots, Legion you had yours. Hell, you guys could blatantly admit to spying on WorldConqueror and Weebland and I wouldn't even care- I'd probably applaud you :v:

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1309617674' post='2746865']

[/quote]

I think we all just woke up in the morning and realized that we had just taken candy from a baby. It's probably best for CNers to stop making spy attacks on Legion and NSO nations, heh.

How things don't change.

Legion Haters take an action (even one agreed as war strategy) and hammer them for it.

Legion doesn't help itself. Shut up, or be funny. You can't persuade people out of something they weren't persuaded into.

Nations with no history (started in March? Oh Ho) railing how terrible the Legion has always been.

Valhalla being someone's Attack Dog, or the little guy hanging with the big guys hoping they can keep themselves safe from attack.

ODN still doing its nerd kid dressing 'street' and playing with the big kids on the corner. Sanction, Sanction, uber Alles.

NSO being NSO. 100 pound teenagers yapping to 100 pound teenagers.

Planet Bob, never change.

Edited by Hymenbreach