R&R DoW

BigKat it isn't about defending UINE, we agree it should have been paid. It's frustration at the fact that there have been several offers to pay it and they got no response. WAR was the preferred option over receiving the money.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1307330240' post='2724931']
BigKat it isn't about defending UINE, we agree it should have been paid. It's frustration at the fact that there have been several offers to pay it and they got no response. WAR was the preferred option over receiving the money.
[/quote]
We have gone through option after option with Keve. We have waited time after time for each option. Each time that option fell through because of Keve failing to get it done. If he didn't want your help that is an issue between you two. Maybe you should have taken the initiative when the terms were negotiated to help out. Looks like it is failure of communication on UINE's side and UINE incompetence all around.

[/quote]

If they want war, maybe you should do them a favor and give it to them?

[/quote]
R&R gave loads of time for the reps to be paid. If they wanted war over the reps then they would have rolled them in January (before VE/NpO), or a month ago, or four days ago. (Is that all the agreements, or did I miss some?)

[/quote]

A contract that can be broken (repeatedly) without some kind of punishment isn't worth much. The war may well cost more than 36m for R&R, but letting agreements slide diminishes your worth and just encourages somebody else to try it.

I've always liked Keve, and I understand that RL takes it toll. However, as a leader, you have to be responsible enough to ensure you have people in place to run things in your absence. As senior gov, you also have to be sure things are running in the leaders absence. If you aren't keeping each other in check, things fall through the cracks and your failure to get things done can affect others, such as with the failure to meet reasonable terms agreed to by all parties on reps. And when the membership doesn't hold the gov accountable, they all burn together. That's just how it works, as it should. R&R is a respectable alliance who I believe will handle this conflict with dignity, and hopefully UINE will receive the wake up call.

Hey Ego,

RV has us figured out. TOP and IRON pull all of our strings. I guess the secret is out, and we are nothing but cowards.

I guess I missed the memo, but perhaps we should tell the members in R&R this secret.

BigKat it isn't about defending UINE, we agree it should have been paid. [b]It's frustration at the fact that there have been several offers to pay it and they got no response. [/b]WAR was the preferred option over receiving the money.
[/quote]

You can't bail your crappy allies out forever, honestly. Take a hint from the past year and clue in to the fact that you're surrounded by two-faced rejects that hide behind your legs and threaten alliances they think have no protection by namedropping NpO.

[quote name='Demosthenes Locke' timestamp='1307329997' post='2724925']
If that is the case, then I am talking to the only coward in this thread.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Coward? Do you know who you are speaking to? Rebel Virginia, the bravest, most courageous man to have ever graced this world. I well known for my valor, and my quickness to defend the weak and downtrodden. If UINE needs my nation, they need only ask me. But what they need more is my words, for the voices of scoundrels are drowning out the outrage that all of the world feels for this unjust attack.

UINE has never bothered anyone. It is but a peaceful, friendly, and non-aggressive small alliance that does nothing more but mind its own business. Still, RnR has brought war to it. Little do they know that they have bitten off much more than they can chew. RnR is but a bloated alliance, and inactive and unorganized. UINE, as tiny as it may be, has won many victories. We all know that size is not what matters, but cohesiveness. UINE's tiny community has thrived since its founding day, attracting such renowned individuals as Keve, whom some may have heard of. RnR by contrast has only some outspoken members, such as those who have dared defy the word of Rebel Virginia. A company of fools, RnR is, and all shall soon see. This shall not be a glorious victory for you. For there never is glory for those who trifle with UINE.[/color]

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1307329470' post='2724907']
That's not exactly an incredibly long limb to go out on.[/quote]

Nope...never implied it was. But knowing the OWF, I thought it best to cut to the chase.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1307329029' post='2724882']
Hey everyone look at Nostradamus over here. He's so knowledgeable and worldly and you should listen to and respect his opinions; he's been in gov before.

Everyone knows that nobody wants to defend UINE, especially UINE.[/quote]

You really should have that bladder control problem looked at, because you keep urinating all over people's posts for no good reason.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1307331569' post='2724984']
You really should have that bladder control problem looked at, because you keep urinating all over people's posts for no good reason.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am sure you know by now that the Shrooms fear nothing more than those who speak the truth, and speak it often. They will know no bounds when it comes to attempting to discredit you, or force your silence by making you feel unwanted or unneeded. A feeble endeavor, however, for we all value and respect you. You above all have my admiration, good sir. Keep up the good fight.[/color]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1307331569' post='2724984']
[/quote]

Excuse him, poor mathias, he has been suffering of a mental disease lately who causes that the great majority of his posts being insults and [i]ad hominem[/i] attacks to grab some kind of attention, the best thing to do is just ignore and pray to he get better, is nearly impossible but we should have hope.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1307332046' post='2724997']
Polaris, if you cared so much about this band of idiots, why didn't you just pay for them?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The love of Polaris is not the love of Rebel Virginia, and nobody loves more than Rebel Virginia. I shall pay their reparations.[/color]

Polaris, if you cared so much about this band of idiots, why didn't you just pay for them?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that we could have paid, if Keve had asked, we do not read minds.

[/quote]
I think the responsibility for paying reps falls squarely on UINE. If the alliance did not have the means to pay, maybe such a gesture would then be appopriate. I don't think that is the case here. Sounds like NpO tried to get UINE to settle their debts, but Keve clearly dropped the ball personally (and as their leader, for his whole alliance).