R&R DoW

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1307404070' post='2725762']
Exactly. And I believe that fact is central to Polar's decision to be unusually docile in their response to the affair.

I don't see how what he said could be called inaccurate even in the least bit.
[/quote]

What is central to Polar's decision is commonsense, something you are not good friends with. If you want a piece of us, as you say you do continually, you are free to start a conflict all by yourself. Given that the last time you went all out on your own agenda against an alliance you hated, I can see where your lack of courage comes in... or maybe it is commonsense kicking in, only time will tell.

Never been a better time to fulfill your fantasy Crymson, no one is even half expecting you to even try CB wise, you don't need this one to be it.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1307455706' post='2726079']
What would you have done in R&R's shoes? (I'm not making a dig or anything, I'm just curious)
[/quote]
Contacted me Johnny. I would have ensured AID had the last of the reps within minutes and then sorted it with Keve when he was on. I think by now it's clear to everyone this wasn't about the money though. Keve pushed them to breaking point and I can live with that.

[quote name='REGHAR73' timestamp='1307406291' post='2725792']
Very unfair comments - The UINE has no need for Polaris to step in - it is our mess. Polaris are excellent allies and have always been there for us. So no whining has partaken. The conflict is unfortunate, however not totally undeserved. Stop trying to pick fights with something that is nothing to do with you.
[/quote]

This would almost certainly not be your decision if Polaris and UINE felt that they had the power to bully R&R and its allies.

[quote name='REGHAR73' timestamp='1307406291' post='2725792']
Very unfair comments - The UINE has no need for Polaris to step in - it is our mess. Polaris are excellent allies and have always been there for us. So no whining has partaken. The conflict is unfortunate, however not totally undeserved. Stop trying to pick fights with something that is nothing to do with you.
[/quote]

I'd just like to take a moment to laugh at the double standard.

When there is a war on, everybody is all gung ho, stand by your allies, letter of our treaties, ect ect.

When somebody $%&@s up though, suddenly its all about not necessary to step in, diplomacy, ect ect.

Please note I'm not criticizing anybody's specific actions here, just wanted to lampshade the hilarity of the prevalence of everybody's situational codes of ethics.

Edited by TypoNinja

Honestly, everything in this thread is making it sound more and more like UINE should be (and effectively is) an NpO protectorate if not just merge into them. Really, if the appropriate step in resolving issues with an alliance is to contact one of their allies about it, that alliance should think long and hard about whether or not they should even be trying to exist as a separate entity.

Edited by NoFish