Who would win

Hyperion321

331 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1307207423' post='2723783']
This same kind of analysis would have probably had people saying Rok should have beaten down PC, or that at worst it would be an even fight. But you cant statistically measure someone's resolve, activity, or skill. By those measures, your 'balanced fight' above would be a massacre, although NoR seem to be decently competent.
[/quote]

agreed, thats because PC is/was everyones nightmare and now we're an even scarier beast that no longer hides in your closet and lurks under your bed but the beast that will eat your face slaughter your men women and children then post the pics of what happens when we pop out of the shadows because of haterz tryna hate

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308317060' post='2733051']
agreed, thats because PC is/was everyones nightmare and now we're an even scarier beast that no longer hides in your closet and lurks under your bed but the beast that will eat your face slaughter your men women and children then post the pics of what happens when we pop out of the shadows because of haterz tryna hate
[/quote]

You sir are a fine rep for your alliance... :awesome:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308343212' post='2733213']
What about DH/PB vs TOP/TSO/Duckroll?
[/quote]
Without adding up actual stats, I would say that DH/PB would win fairly soundly. IRON, TOP and Valhalla are really the only top 40 alliances in that group, while DH/PB has MK, VE, Umb, FOK and NG all in the top 40. Both groups have competent fighters, but DH/PB is simply too much larger for it to be an even fight.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1308344028' post='2733224']
Without adding up actual stats, I would say that DH/PB would win fairly soundly. IRON, TOP and Valhalla are really the only top 40 alliances in that group, while DH/PB has MK, VE, Umb, FOK and NG all in the top 40. Both groups have competent fighters, but DH/PB is simply too much larger for it to be an even fight.
[/quote]

I actually, dont know. TOP is kinda a game changer alliance imo. I'm gonna look at the stats there. You're probably right, but let me check.

Edit: Yeah you're right. You've definitely got the statistical advantage by pretty much every metric.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/k8OvT.png[/img]

Thats pretty big. I always forget how well wondered FOK and MK are for their size. Edit2: and for that matter NG as well.

Edit3: plus there are still some well endowed members on the PC and iFOK AAs

Edited by Lord Curzon

You know whats weird though, check this out. In terms of percentages both groups are nearly identical.

% with MP
DR/TSO/TOP- ~54%
PB/DH- ~54%

% with SDI
DR/TSO/TOP- ~50%
PB/DH- ~50%

% with WRC
DR/TSO/TOP- ~34%
PB/DH- ~31%

Avg Tech
DR/TSO/TOP- 2392
PB/DH- 2432

ANS
DR/TSO/TOP- 36914
PB/DH- 31273

Cool stuff. Great groups nation build alike I suppose.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1308372637' post='2733659']
Guess you could include RoK in the NoR/DT/Val/Asg side of this discussion as well. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]
[/quote]

You could, but it'd change absolutely nothing!

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1308373060' post='2733671']
You could, but it'd change absolutely nothing!
[/quote]
Same result due to Umbrella's superiority in the upper ranks, I agree.

Think the lower ranks would be even more crazy though.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308343212' post='2733213']
What about DH/PB vs TOP/TSO/Duckroll?
[/quote]
Honestly, i think this would be a better fight than the OP. Not to say that Val and Co. arent good fighters, but i think TOP (even tho theyve fallen)/TSO/DR would be a tougher fight.

of course, we would still win :D

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

I'd say that Duckroll et. al. vs PB/MK would be a loss for Duckroll & friends mostly because of the way Duckroll seemingly functions (non-bloc status or whatever). If that is the case, then PB & friends are simply more likely to have more conversational ties and are able to plan more effectively in advance in an organized manner (that isn't to say Duckroll doesn't communicate, but I really don't know how a non-bloc de facto bloc works communication-wise).

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1308409352' post='2733920']
Your completely forgetting that DR+TOP+TSO planned and performed the single greatest move in the history of Planet Bobâ„¢.
[/quote]
I thought GGA disbanded on their own?

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1308409060' post='2733919']
I'd say that Duckroll et. al. vs PB/MK would be a loss for Duckroll & friends mostly because of the way Duckroll seemingly functions (non-bloc status or whatever). If that is the case, then PB & friends are simply more likely to have more conversational ties and are able to plan more effectively in advance in an organized manner (that isn't to say Duckroll doesn't communicate, but I really don't know how a non-bloc de facto bloc works communication-wise).
[/quote]

I think you're forgetting that the entire point of the duckroll treaty is to increase communication and military integration during wartime. Not only that, but we've mixed TOP and TSO into that structure before, and despite the loss, I think it was pretty effective in terms of destructive power. Not to imply that PB doesn't have a good command and control structure, but this is literally the only point of the treaty, and is something we have been doing for quite a few wars now.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1308409352' post='2733920']
Your completely forgetting that DR+TOP+TSO planned and performed the single greatest move in the history of Planet Bobâ„¢.
[/quote]

Good times. I like the trade mark. We should sue DH for copywrite infringement. :smug:

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1308413102' post='2733966']
i think we should have a friendly duel between the 2 groups. (PB/DH and DR/TOP/TSO)
[/quote]

Pistols at dawn then? Who will be our "seconds"

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1308417161' post='2734012']
Good times. I like the trade mark. We should sue DH for copywrite infringement. :smug:
[/quote]
Sounds like a great idea. Let's charge them in tech.

[quote]who needs seconds?[/quote]
I think its pretty well known that we don't play by the rules so instead of waiting for the full three seconds before firing we'll probably shoot you between 1 and 2. So, your gonna need a second. :P

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1308419164' post='2734036']
Sounds like a great idea. Let's charge them in tech.

I think its pretty well known that we don't play by the rules so instead of waiting for the full three seconds before firing we'll probably shoot you between 1 and 2. So, your gonna need a second. :P
[/quote]

What they charged us in tech, plus interest sounds about right.

We're going to preempt the go signal. God, these brilliant strategies will obviously make up for our statistical deficit. Whoever said this would be a competition was delussional.

Mjolnir is a pretty good bloc, with good fighters most notably Val and Asgaard. I sure wouldn't like to fight any of them. Since a lot of them haven't been in a losing war for awhile (apart from RoK and DT), their tech rations and warchests should be pretty good.