Who would win

Hyperion321

331 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I was looking over various alliance statistics today, and got to thinking "Man, if Asgaard and Umbrella ever threw down, that would be one hell of a fight". Then I noticed that the strength differences were rather skewed in favor of Umb, so I thought "What if Valhalla helped Asgaard?". It kind of spiraled out of control after that and I ended up with MK, Umb, and PC on one side with Asgaard, Valhalla, Nordreich, and DT on the other in this hypothetical little contest. After that long effort of trying to pick a small number of alliances for either side that I thought would be balanced, I began to deliberate in my head on who I thought would actually win...and to be honest I can't pick one. Here are the stats (I'm fake assuming this last war didn't happen and these are all full stocked and war chested pre-war nations for the sake of argument). Stats include member count, strength, total average, and nukes.

MK - 142 - 4,976,079 - 1464
Umb - 95 - 8,175,084 - 1809
PC - 66 - 2,770,742 - 837
[b]
Total - 303, 15,921,905 (avg 52,547), 4110[/b]

Valhalla - 117 - 4,685,000 - 1406
Nordreich - 164 - 5,251,632 - 1776
Asgaard - 51 - 3,533,150 - 1046
DT - 44 - 1,707,528 - 494

[b]Total - 376 - 15,177,320 (avg 40,365) - 4722[/b]

So, as you can see it's very evenly balanced. Both sides have very skilled fighters, and extremely high war chests (Asgaard and Umb can pretty much fight forever). One on side of the equation you have numbers and nuclear superiority, on the other you have average pound for pound supremacy as well as total nation strength. Natan, Roq, and BJ are about as good of a command team you'll ever find, yet Valhalla/NoR/Asgaard are also known for being as efficient (if not more so) than anyone else in the game. Both sides have the intelligence, the cash, and certainly the stats to win, but for all my trying I simply can't decide who would win this hypothetical match up. Any thoughts? Who do you think would win?

note: For people who are particularly dense, no I am not advocating that these people fight, nor do I think there is even a chance of that happening unless some serious crap happens on Black. This is simply just a statistical/hypothetical question I find intriguing enough to pass my time with.

Edited by Hyperion321

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the tech, WRC, SDI numbers?

It'd be an even battle. Umb's side has a lot of war experience and that group in particular would be the best coordinators. Aasgard's side (as given there) has more nukes and numbers, and in a prolonged war, it would leave Umb's side nukeless.

In the long run, it'd be up to the one who has the highest morale. And perhaps any tactics designed to squeeze an advantage out of the situation.

If it happened right now, Asgaard and co. might have a chance, given that MK, PC and Umbrella have recently been in a rather long war.
However, in the long run, Umbrella's side would win simple because there are more nations in Umbrella than in Asgaard, which is where the real contest would be.

The war would leave both sides rather decimated however.

Valhalla: 11 people above 100K NS
Valhalla: 4 people above 10k Tech

Dark Templar: 0 Above 100K NS
Dark Templar: 0 Above 10k Tech

Asgaard: 11 people above 100K NS
Asgaard: 3 people above 10k Tech

NoR: 9 people above 100K NS
NoR: 6 people above 10k Tech

Umbrella: 42 people above 100K NS
Umbrella: 51 people above 10k Tech

Good luck...

Umbrella/PC/MK have a distinct advantage at the top tier...~80 nations at or above 90k to around 50 for Asg/DT/NoR/Val and close to double the number of WRCs. The latter would have a serious advantage below that threshold. Net result, it'd probably end up being a bit of a stalemate; Umb/PC/MK would inflict more damage in the first couple weeks and own the top tier thereafter, Asg/DR/NoR/Val would be able to grind down nations in the upper mid tier and below.

This same kind of analysis would have probably had people saying Rok should have beaten down PC, or that at worst it would be an even fight. But you cant statistically measure someone's resolve, activity, or skill. By those measures, your 'balanced fight' above would be a massacre, although NoR seem to be decently competent.

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1307207231' post='2723781']

Good luck...
[/quote]
What's the member count for less than 10K NS?

Good luck...
[/quote]
Ouch...ya that would be tough to beat. :blink:

I voted for Asgaard/Nordreich/Valhalla/DT, but again, I would do that. I think it'd be a pretty even fight but that Umbrella is just too tough to take down so I have to give their side the edge. Asgaard is extremely competent in war so I wouldn't be worried there, and although I haven't seen much of Valhalla in war, I'd imagine they're quite good. Neither side would want this, though.

Edited by Max Power

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1307174468' post='2723650']
MK, Umb and PC will wiin. Why? Because they (2/3 of them) are in PB. :smug:
[/quote]
Umbrella are in PB, what're you talking about FOK puppet?

Not to rip on Asgaard, but have they actually ever fought a war? I know Val, DT, and NoR are more than competent because everyone has seen them engage in various wars.

Umb/PC/MK for sure would win imo, but it wouldn't necessarily be a walk in the park. I just think we'd have the advantage in banking and activity in the long run despite a considerable nuke disadvantage. Lower tier would be largely skewed in favor of DT/NoR/Val/Asg, but I think MK and PC both have enough people in that range with MPs and full wonder sets to make it a good competition.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

Umb, PC, MK by a small margin. We have a top tier advantage and probably a slight activity advantage. Umbrella, MK, and PC are all very good. NoR is very good, I don't know about the other 3 as I haven't ever been involved with them closely, Valhalla is decent at least. It would be a very hard fight at the very least.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1307216089' post='2723847']
Umbrella are in PB, what're you talking about FOK puppet?

Not to rip on Asgaard, but have they actually ever fought a war? I know Val, DT, and NoR are more than competent because everyone has seen them engage in various wars.

Umb/PC/MK for sure would win imo, but it wouldn't necessarily be a walk in the park. I just think we'd have the advantage in banking and activity in the long run despite a considerable nuke disadvantage. Lower tier would be largely skewed in favor of DT/NoR/Val/Asg, but I think MK and PC both have enough people in that range with MPs and full wonder sets to make it a good competition.
[/quote]
In such a close fight much or most of Umbrella would be dragged down into the ranges with everyone else, and ultimately the larger number of high tech nations with huge warchests would win the day.

The reason this didn't occur as much in the last war for top tier people on our side is that we weren't facing as skilled opponents and much of their upper tier stayed in peace mode for the entire war or only came out at the end.

Honestly, Umbrella should just become a rogue alliance. Their top tier is so much absurdly stronger than anyone else's and they're so well liked I don't think any coalition would be able to assemble that could take them down if they just decided to up and attack some people they didn't like.

Umbrella: [b]51 people above 10k Tech[/b]

Good luck...
[/quote]

"Emphasis mine" - I love that phrase. Sounds so refined. Anyway,

Am I the only one that's freaked out by the fact that 9 Umbrella nations have more than 10k tech, but less than 100k NS? I mean, I guess it's because of the most recent war. But still... the thought of 10k+ tech nations being in range of 70k NS nations is kinda scary.

Of course, pretty much everything about Umbrella is scary.